Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    While I agree void elves proved to be extremely potent force during War Campaign, I'm not sure if Alleria will play larger part in leading Alliance in Anduin's absence. Nothing indicates she'll be co-leader at this point, she is basically First Lady. We don't even know if Turalyon leading Alliance will affect story at all. I kind of suspect he'll just afk in Stormwind Keep and serve as a guy to kill for the Horde to get the Achievement. It is Alliance we are speaking of, so don't expect any meaningful narrative unless our cities got burned by the Horde.
    Actually she says she will aid Turalyon in rebuilding the Alliance, which is why she won't go to Shadowlands immediately. She has political influence and authority and will be vital in this phase or recovery for the Alliance. Turalyon mentions how he seeks to reclaim former holdings of the Alliance, like they did with Stromgarde (Turalyon was one of the 3 generals in the Stromgarde Warfront).

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    People were always making fun of Void elves, but I knew they were all fools. I have defended Void elves since they were introduced at the end of Legion, because I knew of their true potential. I even opened a thread called "Void elves will be a great addition to the Alliance", in which I discussed how Void elves would prove to be a vital new ally of the Alliance. I was right. Now in Shadowlands Alleria Windrunner, the Void elf leader, is co-leader of the ENTIRE ALLIANCE alongside Turalyon, and will no doubt do a fantastic job in fixing the problems of the Alliance and ensuring the continuing safety of its people.
    I do not mean this in any hostile way, but to be perfectly honest, you bringing them up at every occasion and how great they are and the unhealthy obsession with Alleria (even in threads that were about completely different topics) was one of the main reasons I hated the Void Elves (though admittedly, these days it's better than at the start when you did that godawful RP all the time). I am slowly starting to warm up to them, but they're still flawed in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    when i learned anythin from mmo-c then it is that shit is only bad when the horde does it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by m4zz0928 View Post
    What is that giant sphere on the left side of the character select screen for void elves?
    I believe that's meant to be a void-corrupted planet in the distance.

You can actually see that Void-corrupted planet from Telogrus Rift in-game:

Very beautiful and ominous at the same time, but then again not surprising. Telogrus Rift is located on the brink of the Void, after all.

I predict that Telogrus Rift will become a relevant hub of operations for not just Void elves, but the entire Alliance, if we visit a Void-corrupted planet in a future expansion. By that time, I believe Telogrus will have already developed into a sizeable settlement.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-02 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    For those wondering, EE looked like this:

Darker skin and no texture change on hair.
    It's too bad they didn't move forward with it, because that looks really cool!

Void Elves, the new High Elves, the scholars of the bunch, embracing a most powerful energy and doing it well, every day.

But seriously, can we can the mane hairstyle? Or maybe share hairstyles with Nightborne? And platinum hair color, for Pete's sake already! Have four haircolors that look almost identical is ree-reed.

Quote Originally Posted by m4zz0928 View Post
    What is that giant sphere on the left side of the character select screen for void elves?
    I think it's one of those void portals that those meth guys are so fond of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I do not mean this in any hostile way, but to be perfectly honest, you bringing them up at every occasion and how great they are and the unhealthy obsession with Alleria (even in threads that were about completely different topics) was one of the main reasons I hated the Void Elves (though admittedly, these days it's better than at the start when you did that godawful RP all the time). I am slowly starting to warm up to them, but they're still flawed in my opinion.
    They are basically edgier OG belfs. Much like LF are lightier goats, or HM tauren are nature-ier taurens. And it's getting even worse in SL, with Maldraxxus being visually Scourge 2.0, but extra Scougier this time
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    It's too bad they didn't move forward with it, because that looks really cool!
    It happens. It's a nice glimpse into the future. Just like the Alliance plate warfront armor with the flowing cape, and class 3d accessories during legion. Blizzard most likely internally tries to push their tech forward during testing but they are seemingly set on a certain level of polish otherwise no dice for what potentially works/is possible.

All it means though is that likely it can come about several years down the line.

So... Now that HE-looking VE can be created, how many of you actually did just that ?

I changed Manariel's skin, but used a previous boost to 120 to level up a VE Warlock who remains proudly purple !

I changed the skin of my main (Void Elf Shadow Priest). This option should have been available since 2017, I don't know why Blizzard took so long. Having fair skin was always part of the Ren'dorei identity, as Alleria Windrunner is the leader of the Ren'dorei and a Void elf who retains her fair skin form.

Now I hope Blizzard focuses on the exact opposite extreme and gives us more corruption options. N'Zoth eyes, more tentacles, maybe astral hair, etc.

Now that we can have non-capes in the backslot i really really wish Blizzard would add the heritage armour "Wings" as a cape for Void Elves.

Would LOVE to be able to use them with more transmog sets.

Now I hope Blizzard focuses on the exact opposite extreme and gives us more corruption options. N'Zoth eyes, more tentacles, maybe astral hair, etc.
    This. On wowhead you can preview with the fully void skin they use for transformation, and it looks SICK
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Now that we can have non-capes in the backslot i really really wish Blizzard would add the heritage armour "Wings" as a cape for Void Elves.

Would LOVE to be able to use them with more transmog sets.

This. On wowhead you can preview with the fully void skin they use for transformation, and it looks SICK
    Indeed, I already suggested that Void elves should have the option to keep that transformation active 24/7. They should also get Alleria's dark form as a new skin tone:

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    So... Now that HE-looking VE can be created, how many of you actually did just that ?

I changed Manariel's skin, but used a previous boost to 120 to level up a VE Warlock who remains proudly purple !
    Since I have more than one Void Elf, some changed to the new skin tones while others did not. Having more variety has been a real treat though! I've been able to come up with much more varied looking characters with the new options. Now I just need black hair...

The funny thing is that black hair is already in the game, as several Void elf NPCs in Stormwind have black hair. Yet for some reason it is not accessible to the player character...

I race changed my Kul Tiran Warrior to Void Elf, and it looks great in the Replica Marshal set! Still not happy with the hair and the sounds are meh but it's decent with the fair skin and blue hair, also my Hunter changed skin tone. I kept my Rogue as it was because I was happy with it before, and the same with my priest because I feel it fits better but changed eyes to be blue. Also my Mage in it's Replica Purple Mage set became more normal skinned.

I also have a Mechagnome Warlock I'm levelling to 50, but that might end up a Void Elf after I unlock the set although I may go for a dark skin tone, mix it up a little.

I still hate the racial, think it looks awful with it not affecting 3D Model parts and utterly despise it. Also the lack of hair colours means all of my Void Elves have the same blue hair colour.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Somniare

Thundereau - Eviscereau - Nulo - Nebouskii - Desterrar

Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg - Silvermoon

Since I know more High Elf options in future patches are pretty much inevitable, I hope they'll also consider adding more whacky void options, too.

The funny thing is that black hair is already in the game, as several Void elf NPCs in Stormwind have black hair. Yet for some reason it is not accessible to the player character...
    My personal theory is that for whatever reason, the black hair option didn't get finished in time for launch. The tentacles are untextured.

I used WoW Model Viewer to view the void elves, and here's what the black hair looks like:

Interestingly, "Secondary Skin Color", "Secondary Hair Color" and "Jewelry Color" are all options listed on the model, but there's currently nothing you can choose from.

There's also an eye option that has totally-blacked out eyes. Could be nothing. But:

From what I understand from certain posts on the official forums about the Void Elf NPC black hair, it seems like the hair texture being used by those NPC's is from another race and not made specifically for Void Elves. And because of this, the tentacles are just a flat black without the typical animated glows. There's not even any textures showing hair on them. They just end up looking like black tubes if you look closely, but it's easy to miss that detail because its black and it kind of just blends in.

here's the NPC close up:

You can actually see that Void-corrupted planet from Telogrus Rift in-game:

Very beautiful and ominous at the same time, but then again not surprising. Telogrus Rift is located on the brink of the Void, after all.

I predict that Telogrus Rift will become a relevant hub of operations for not just Void elves, but the entire Alliance, if we visit a Void-corrupted planet in a future expansion. By that time, I believe Telogrus will have already developed into a sizeable settlement.
    I would not be surprised if it was even shared with Horde.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Black Hair for my Void Elves, yes yes yes please.