Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Yeah personally I'd like to see if Void Elves could possibly wield the light through a filter like the Tauren and Zandalari do(they obviously can't wield it directly) could they be gifted the light by An'she or Rezan, or are they just screwed, also I'd personally like to see if Void Elves can be druids without creating a new Nightmare partially because I feel like they'd have some interesting Druid forms
    Wielding the light comes from faith and willpower, Tauren worship An'she and can call upon the light of An'she, Prelates before Rezans death did get their power granted to them by Rezan but after Rezans death only a few could still call on it (presumably those with strong enough faith in their Loa). Void Elves don't have any kind of filter they could worship the light through (I see their priests as being akin to Mag'har priests not meant to respresent any kind of light worship and only meant to be shadow priests). Maybe Void Elves could wield the light through sheer willpower similar to how Benedictus still wielded the light even when he was the leader of the Twilight Hammer.

Alleria's mere presence resulted in the void trying to corrupt the Sunwell, i'd imagine if any void elf attempted to connect to the emerald dream or wild gods they'd immediately start causing corruption.

quickly how people forget priests and paladins function differently.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's too late for void elf-LF tension. If that happens, it will be bad writing. Void elves and LF draenei have been chatting and having fun together in Stormwind for 3 years at this point.
    Agreed, also, it would be too obvious. What would be more interesting is if they got along well, despite this difference, like a reflection of Alleria and Turalyon.

Tension could come between some sects of humanity's light religion not being into the whole void thing at all, and csating aspersions on aliens and other races as the problem -this would be a bit in line with the suspicion in Stormwind at the Cathedral. It shouldn't be reflective of all humaniyt.. and it would be silly to make that sect outrgith enemies, but they could be asource of tension as a group that doesn't want void involvement.

Saying that, Xe'ra was obviously anti-Alleria, while the Lightforged leaned towards Velen and Turalyon's acceptance, maybe some zealot lightforged could be involved/ But it doesn't fit the profile of the lightforged, we could have an AU universe Lightbound make the crossing and be the source of stirring up the trouble. And MU Lightforged be part of the solution that works against it.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    quickly how people forget priests and paladins function differently.
    They both have flash heal though

I love my Void elf, I will never go back to Blood.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    They both have flash heal though
    *facepalm*

sigh
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Agreed, also, it would be too obvious. What would be more interesting is if they got along well, despite this difference, like a reflection of Alleria and Turalyon.

Tension could come between some sects of humanity's light religion not being into the whole void thing at all, and csating aspersions on aliens and other races as the problem -this would be a bit in line with the suspicion in Stormwind at the Cathedral. It shouldn't be reflective of all humaniyt.. and it would be silly to make that sect outrgith enemies, but they could be asource of tension as a group that doesn't want void involvement.

Saying that, Xe'ra was obviously anti-Alleria, while the Lightforged leaned towards Velen and Turalyon's acceptance, maybe some zealot lightforged could be involved/ But it doesn't fit the profile of the lightforged, we could have an AU universe Lightbound make the crossing and be the source of stirring up the trouble. And MU Lightforged be part of the solution that works against it.
    Yep the Lightbound and basically any human religious extremists *cough* Scarlet Brotherhood *cough* would definitely target the Void Elves, hell they may even brand the Lightforged as heretics for being so willing to work with them, to be honest, plus it's fun to imagine the Lightbound making a habit of calling any light wielder who object to their methods as heretics, only for Velen, Anduin, or perhaps even a Void Elf to completely shut them down and compare them to the Burning Legion and the Old Gods

Hiya.

I didn't realize there was a Void elf thread aside from the High elf megathread. I've stated my suggestions in the High elf megathread but will do so here too.
    For customization, I suggest:

Hair colors: Astral White, Pitch Black, Void blonde. Astral white will be a glowish light silver with dark blue and purple stardust to indicate a void corruption encircling them. It will be the more ''glittery'' option for Void elves. Pitch black is nice and goth, and will fit their theme. Void blonde will either include two large, dark blue highlights with a void shine to them, resembling the shining wings of the Starcursed Voidseeker. Or the bottom half of the hair can be dark blue with that similar shine.

Hair styles: A very loose braid, and a long, straight hairstyle with a side braid for females. Also a long, straight hairstyle and a short emoish one with a side bang for males.

You know what I wish for the Void Elves to do. Actually be part of the Story of main Story with ether Characters that we know turned into the Void Elves or New Ones that is fresh out and likeable with backstories and etc. Also bring back Alleria and Umbric so that they can finally have a spotlight as well as Vereesa. That Silver Covenant Elf hasn't done jack since legion.

Also have the Void Elves came out of the Rift and make their mark within Azeroth of building Small or regular High Elf Looking Towns except with Void touched Buildings from Warcraft 3, More Void Hawkstriders, and a freaking Void Dragonhawk. I know that these classes would get rejected but how come we have Void Paladins like a Paladin that is Shadow Knight or Void Shaman and Druid to mix it up with corrupted Thalassian Elven Druid with Void Nature Powers like the Emerald Nightmare.

I want to see a War between Blood Elves and Void Elves while the Void Elves take some of the Quel'thalas areas like the lodge in Eastern Plaguelands, parts of Ghostlands, and maybe even northeren lordaeron if there is a High Elven Village harbor maybe.

Finally I want to see the Void Elves be like the Warcraft 2 and 3 Versions of the High Elf Units while paying respects to the Units of that version like being part of the Alliance main storyline than just Humans, Humans, Wolf Humans, Magic Humans, Pirate Humans, and Humans. Also Night Elves as well that overstay their main storyline of the story in which I think it's about time we see Actually Alliance High Elf Story or in this case Alliance Thalassian Elves finally being part of the story again after so long.

So 3 Big Wishes. Alleria being part of the Story and hoping she doesn't turn evil and other Void Elf Characters too, More Void Elf Stuff like a Heritage Armor Remake, Void Hawkstriders, Void Dragonhawks, Void Elf Flags, Armor Sets of the Warcraft 3 Units, Tabards, and even Void Elf Buildings that the Void Elves can have Homes in just like High Elves, and also more Void Elf Customization Options of Two Sides. High Elf and Corrupted Born Void options of faces, eyes, and etc that is void.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

High Elves is the wrong direction for future Void Elf customization. At least, a few added hair styles and jewelry would be extremely boring.

They should get a bunch of features that turn their skin completely Void/Ethereal held together by bandages. The Blood Elf silhouette would work quite good for this.

Personally, I'd like to see options that are generally versatile added.

Permanent entropic embrace skin and hair options would be great! As would void ethereal style void skin/bandages. But I'd also like to see simple options that work for whatever theme you want to focus on, or simply allow you to mix and match.

A tentacle toggle would essentially double the amount of hair options void elves currently have without having to create new hairstyles, and it allows styles that don't have tentacles to have them, letting players who want to lean harder into the void theme use them. Sure, it could also allow people to remove tentacles from styles that have them, but that's just player agency at work and doesn't rob players of void options.

A toggle also does something else very significant for void elves in my opinion. It guarantees that any new hairstyles added to void elves will always have the option to have tentacles so that all future hairstyles can be used and still lean hard into the void theme.

It's a simple option that the tech already exists for in the game (night elf hair vines), and Talendrion has already shown us that the tentacles are not part of the hairstyles and can be "turned off" in the same manner as the vines.

As for other void themed options I'd like to see, an animated "starcursed" hair color similar to the starcursed voidstrider's animated void effect would amazing! I also wouldn't mind a matching "starcursed" eye color option as well!
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-03-02 at 02:54 PM.

it just occurred to me, since the Void Elves are part of the Nazmir suicide squad, is it plausible that at least a handful would survive since they have their void warp?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

(Alteraci Human thread in construction)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    it just occurred to me, since the Void Elves are part of the Nazmir suicide squad, is it plausible that at least a handful would survive since they have their void warp?
    It's certainly plausible, but if they didn't return to Boralus for debriefing, they'd technically be deserters. It would also lessen the "impact" of their "sacrifice". I put those words in quotes because it pains me to frame that event as having had any true impact, or being a real sacrifice beyond, Telaamon. A bunch of generic NPC's (of which the numerous void elves present magically appear out of thin air even though they should be incredibly few in number) being marched to their deaths doesn't really cut it in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    It's certainly plausible, but if they didn't return to Boralus for debriefing, they'd technically be deserters. It would also lessen the "impact" of their "sacrifice". I put those words in quotes because it pains me to frame that event as having had any true impact, or being a real sacrifice beyond, Telaamon. A bunch of generic NPC's (of which the numerous void elves present magically appear out of thin air even though they should be incredibly few in number) being marched to their deaths doesn't really cut it in my book.
    I think it's possible there were survivors, and if they did, they made it back.

And yeah, the fact that it was such a throwaway sacrifice, I really hope some actually did manage to survive, if anything, to make things less bleak lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    High Elves is the wrong direction for future Void Elf customization. At least, a few added hair styles and jewelry would be extremely boring.

They should get a bunch of features that turn their skin completely Void/Ethereal held together by bandages. The Blood Elf silhouette would work quite good for this.

As much as I love the ethereal aesthetic, it really would feel as bad to make Void Elves just discount ethereals. Even now their ethereal influence is so tangential it's weird their heritage set is so evocative of them.

I wish there were more reasons to edge the VE's closer to ethereal aesthetics, but there's nothing beyond two teachers.

Void Elf customization should be THAT, Elves, but voided; taking thalassian aesthetics and giving them a void spin, even an ethereal influenced one. Starry void warpaint, ethereal feathers specifically as originating from Alleria for example.

But simply using Ethereal aesthetics and VE as a proxy for them just dilutes the fact that Void Elves are, well, elves, and should have a continuous cultural connection to that.

In short, at least it would have to be a good mix between Ethereal and Thalassian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    You know what I wish for the Void Elves to do. Actually be part of the Story of main Story with ether Characters that we know turned into the Void Elves or New Ones that is fresh out and likeable with backstories and etc. Also bring back Alleria and Umbric so that they can finally have a spotlight as well as Vereesa. That Silver Covenant Elf hasn't done jack since legion.

Also have the Void Elves came out of the Rift and make their mark within Azeroth of building Small or regular High Elf Looking Towns except with Void touched Buildings from Warcraft 3, More Void Hawkstriders, and a freaking Void Dragonhawk. I know that these classes would get rejected but how come we have Void Paladins like a Paladin that is Shadow Knight or Void Shaman and Druid to mix it up with corrupted Thalassian Elven Druid with Void Nature Powers like the Emerald Nightmare.

I want to see a War between Blood Elves and Void Elves while the Void Elves take some of the Quel'thalas areas like the lodge in Eastern Plaguelands, parts of Ghostlands, and maybe even northeren lordaeron if there is a High Elven Village harbor maybe.

Finally I want to see the Void Elves be like the Warcraft 2 and 3 Versions of the High Elf Units while paying respects to the Units of that version like being part of the Alliance main storyline than just Humans, Humans, Wolf Humans, Magic Humans, Pirate Humans, and Humans. Also Night Elves as well that overstay their main storyline of the story in which I think it's about time we see Actually Alliance High Elf Story or in this case Alliance Thalassian Elves finally being part of the story again after so long.

So 3 Big Wishes. Alleria being part of the Story and hoping she doesn't turn evil and other Void Elf Characters too, More Void Elf Stuff like a Heritage Armor Remake, Void Hawkstriders, Void Dragonhawks, Void Elf Flags, Armor Sets of the Warcraft 3 Units, Tabards, and even Void Elf Buildings that the Void Elves can have Homes in just like High Elves, and also more Void Elf Customization Options of Two Sides. High Elf and Corrupted Born Void options of faces, eyes, and etc that is void.
    do you want another faction war? So what would we take the blood elves? parts of the land of stormwind?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    do you want another faction war? So what would we take the blood elves? parts of the land of stormwind?
    I wouldn't mind a small scale cold war on Tarren Mill vs. Southshore levels
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

(Alteraci Human thread in construction)

I wouldn't mind a small scale cold war on Tarren Mill vs. Southshore levels
    blizzard can't write faction war. better do things like legion.

I would like to see race campaigns