Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Real speculation time, but:
    Could Umbric have been part of the Horde who took down Kael'thas in TBC?
    We are told, in canon lore that it was Horde forces that dealt with Kael'thas (twice as well.) Could it be that Umbric was a blood elf, part of the Horde, who worked to take down Kael'thas and saw the power of the Void for himself. Perhaps he was part of the force that took down Solarian?
    Well, I think he could. In reality, we know nothing about his past and origins, so we can't rule it out. I would only say he was not from Dalaran, because he would be tied to Sunreavers somehow then.

It would be really helpful if we could get more insight into Umbric's past and more notable void elf characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, I think he could. In reality, we know nothing about his past and origins, so we can't rule it out. I would only say he was not from Dalaran, because he would be tied to Sunreavers somehow then.

It would be really helpful if we could get more insight into Umbric's past and more notable void elf characters.
    Combing Arcane and Void magic is an extremely dangerous, yet extremely powerful combination and the first elf that we know about who managed that was High Astromancer Solarian.
    Either Umbric knew Solarian or he was part of the Horde forces that took her down, but rather than leave with the Horde - he remained behind to delve into the studies that she was involved with.

I really do wish Blizzard would use Solarian as their "basis" character when it comes to the Void Elves. It's not exactly connecting them to Quel'Thalas, but it does connect them to their Sin'dorei heritage, but also holds that connection between Ren'dorei and Sunfury Sin'dorei (Kael'Thas Sunstrider.)

Combing Arcane and Void magic is an extremely dangerous, yet extremely powerful combination and the first elf that we know about who managed that was High Astromancer Solarian.
    Either Umbric knew Solarian or he was part of the Horde forces that took her down, but rather than leave with the Horde - he remained behind to delve into the studies that she was involved with.

I really do wish Blizzard would use Solarian as their "basis" character when it comes to the Void Elves. It's not exactly connecting them to Quel'Thalas, but it does connect them to their Sin'dorei heritage, but also holds that connection between Ren'dorei and Sunfury Sin'dorei (Kael'Thas Sunstrider.)
    I didn't really understand why they used Dar'Khan's notes instead of Solarian's. Dar'Khan used Death magic dominantly, while Solarian delved way further in her Void studies.

I guess Blizz wanted some more controversy on Void elves to distance them from sin'dorei further, but it did not really played well.

We've seen Natalie Seline, a powerful Void user, to be able to sent her soul to the Void before she was killed. We brought her back during Priest order Hall campaign. It would be cool to ressurect Solarian in the similar way, but I doubt it will happen.

I didn't really understand why they used Dar'Khan's notes instead of Solarian's. Dar'Khan used Death magic dominantly, while Solarian delved way further in her Void studies.

I guess Blizz wanted some more controversy on Void elves to distance them from sin'dorei further, but it did not really played well.

We've seen Natalie Seline, a powerful Void user, to be able to sent her soul to the Void before she was killed. We brought her back during Priest order Hall campaign. It would be cool to ressurect Solarian in the similar way, but I doubt it will happen.
    It's as you say, Dark'han increases the controversy.
    He's the biggest traitor to the Thalassian society. If it wasn't for him, Sylvanas could have held Arthas at bay for a little longer.

But, I don't think they should have gone down that route. Solarian was controversial enough, considering she was part of the hostile Sunfury and part of Kael'thas' Sunfury Council. She is also more visible to what Void Elves are. Now, I'm not saying all void elves turn into Voidwalkers, but Solarian was still a more visible part of where the Void Elves could have based their research.
    It's why I would love to see the void elves teleport Tempest Keep to the Telogrus Rift and they use that as their "capital." It's full of Arcane and Void, which is what they are all about.

It's as you say, Dark'han increases the controversy.
    He's the biggest traitor to the Thalassian society. If it wasn't for him, Sylvanas could have held Arthas at bay for a little longer.

But, I don't think they should have gone down that route. Solarian was controversial enough, considering she was part of the hostile Sunfury and part of Kael'thas' Sunfury Council. She is also more visible to what Void Elves are. Now, I'm not saying all void elves turn into Voidwalkers, but Solarian was still a more visible part of where the Void Elves could have based their research.
    It's why I would love to see the void elves teleport Tempest Keep to the Telogrus Rift and they use that as their "capital." It's full of Arcane and Void, which is what they are all about.
    Solarian could be used as important reminder that even powerful magisters/astromancers might get eventually succumbed to Void's corruption. It is something Void elves should always keep in mind. Her knowledge might be useful to them though. Learning what she achieved and avoiding her mistakes.

Dar'Khan is just traitor, who should be despised by all quel'dorei, sin'dorei and ren'dorei. Using him brought nothing useful to the story. Void studies proved to be enough reason for exile and as you say, Solarian is controversial enough thanks to her connection to Kael and allegience to the Legion.

Tempest Keep in hands of Void elves is interesting concept, it brings some old TBC blood elf vibes. I think it was reclaimed by shattari forces, or am I wrong?

Solarian could be used as important reminder that even powerful magisters/astromancers might get eventually succumbed to Void's corruption. It is something Void elves should always keep in mind. Her knowledge might be useful to them though. Learning what she achieved and avoiding her mistakes.

Dar'Khan is just traitor, who should be despised by all quel'dorei, sin'dorei and ren'dorei. Using him brought nothing useful to the story. Void studies proved to be enough reason for exile and as you say, Solarian is controversial enough thanks to her connection to Kael and allegience to the Legion.

Tempest Keep in hands of Void elves is interesting concept, it brings some old TBC blood elf vibes. I think it was reclaimed by shattari forces, or am I wrong?
    I haven't heard anything about the Shattrath forces claiming Tempest Keep.

The Arcatraz was under assault by the Legion and this was in 7.3, so I'm not sure of the current status of all of the wings.

The problem we've got is that no history has been given to the void elves and I know Varodoc loves that, but for some - people want to see the story expand and because the first Ren'dorei were (in the main), former Sin'dorei, I think it would make sense for them to connect to something that was Sin'dorei specific (solarian). Not so much, Quel'dorei related. (Dark'han.)

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah there's a lot more to the Void Elves, especially as we learn that they never intended for the Horde to have this power and it would have been a weapon against them. They also still see themselves as a part of Silvermoon and are fighting for it - they just really hate the Horde.

The way I see it is that they're a renegade political & military insurgent faction of Silvermoon, and the Alliance is helping them for a potential coup. Very similar to IRL how US&EU might arm and supply an insurgent group to overthrow a pro-Russia government.
    Yes. That's exactly how it is.

The Ren'dorei love Quel'Thalas. What they don't love is the Horde. They will never stop in their quest to free Quel'Thalas from the Horde and bring it back into the Alliance.

The Ren'dorei are like a group of Americans who would be mad if the USA suddenly joined the Axis, and worked to bring them back into the Allies side.

- - - Updated - - -

The Ren'dorei have unparalleled potential, they always had, I've been saying this since their introduction. It's up to Blizzard to fullfill that potential, or continue to neglect them, while focusing on the same 2 races that have been in the spotlight for 20 years.

Alleria Windrunner, the first of the Ren'dorei, the first mortal in the Cosmos to defy the Shadows' whispers, she is in a unique position in the lore. She works alongside Turalyon to mend the wounds of the Alliance, she continues to contend with the whispers, and simultaneously she seeks to bring Quel'Thalas back into the fold.

Magister Umbric, the original leader of the scholars who searched the Void, he has a unique character trait that not even Alleria has. He despises any kind of government that builds lavish riches at the expense of the common people, which led him into conflict with Gallywix, the former leader of the goblin who built his riches on the back of his oppressed people. He also seeks to prove the worth of the Ren'dorei to the Alliance, no matter the price. He can be ruthless and methodical in his approach, like when he and his followers meddled with the bones of the Zandalari dinosaurs in Zuldazar, to terrify the enemies. To prove the worth of the Ren'dorei to the Alliance.

The Ren'dorei are overall in a very unique position, they have always been. They represent a somewhat "darker" side of the Alliance. They are not evil, but pragmatic, in a faction full of Lawful Stupid idiots. They can be ruthless and conniving if the situation demands it. They do not shy away from employing shady tactics, if it can further their goals.

Like that time in the book where Alleria messed with the brain of a prisoner, to find valuable intel on Sylvanas' whereabouts. Was it a grim/unpleasant action to do? Yes. Was it justified/necessary? Also Yes. This is what the Alliance needs. People who are not afraid to get their hands dirty for the cause. It is therefore not a surprise that the Ren'dorei have a flawless record of successes since they joined the Alliance.

But now for the first time in years, the Ren'dorei are truly catapulted in the position to attain the spotlight. They can truly attain the spotlight. With Alleria Windrunner standing in the War Room, next to the Throne Room of Stormwind, while her husband Turalyon is de-facto regent of the entire Alliance. The Ren'dorei always had the most potential, but now they are truly in the position to get the spotlight, once FillerLands is over.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-02 at 09:54 PM.

Here is some concept customization I'd like to personally see
    enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Here is some concept customization I'd like to personally see
    enjoy!
    Honestly I wasn't much into the idea of greenish tentacles at first, but now I'm digging the drowned old god vibe.

There's a lot that can be done with more tentacle colors -and more tentacles- so besides more hair styles that look good with or without, I really would love if we get more customization on tentacles

In my opinion, these greenish slimey tentacles should be DK only and they seem like a good connection to Yogg. The rest should just be the purple ones, dark void ones and braids. So total 4 (5) versions that include the regular ones.

Little up to say I add a link to a discord server in the first post people.