Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I changed the skin of my main (Void Elf Shadow Priest). This option should have been available since 2017, I don't know why Blizzard took so long. Having fair skin was always part of the Ren'dorei identity, as Alleria Windrunner is the leader of the Ren'dorei and a Void elf who retains her fair skin form.

Now I hope Blizzard focuses on the exact opposite extreme and gives us more corruption options. N'Zoth eyes, more tentacles, maybe astral hair, etc.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Now that we can have non-capes in the backslot i really really wish Blizzard would add the heritage armour "Wings" as a cape for Void Elves.

Would LOVE to be able to use them with more transmog sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Now I hope Blizzard focuses on the exact opposite extreme and gives us more corruption options. N'Zoth eyes, more tentacles, maybe astral hair, etc.
    This. On wowhead you can preview with the fully void skin they use for transformation, and it looks SICK
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Now that we can have non-capes in the backslot i really really wish Blizzard would add the heritage armour "Wings" as a cape for Void Elves.

Would LOVE to be able to use them with more transmog sets.

This. On wowhead you can preview with the fully void skin they use for transformation, and it looks SICK
    Indeed, I already suggested that Void elves should have the option to keep that transformation active 24/7. They should also get Alleria's dark form as a new skin tone:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    So... Now that HE-looking VE can be created, how many of you actually did just that ?

I changed Manariel's skin, but used a previous boost to 120 to level up a VE Warlock who remains proudly purple !
    Since I have more than one Void Elf, some changed to the new skin tones while others did not. Having more variety has been a real treat though! I've been able to come up with much more varied looking characters with the new options. Now I just need black hair...

The funny thing is that black hair is already in the game, as several Void elf NPCs in Stormwind have black hair. Yet for some reason it is not accessible to the player character...

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I race changed my Kul Tiran Warrior to Void Elf, and it looks great in the Replica Marshal set! Still not happy with the hair and the sounds are meh but it's decent with the fair skin and blue hair, also my Hunter changed skin tone. I kept my Rogue as it was because I was happy with it before, and the same with my priest because I feel it fits better but changed eyes to be blue. Also my Mage in it's Replica Purple Mage set became more normal skinned.

I also have a Mechagnome Warlock I'm levelling to 50, but that might end up a Void Elf after I unlock the set although I may go for a dark skin tone, mix it up a little.

I still hate the racial, think it looks awful with it not affecting 3D Model parts and utterly despise it. Also the lack of hair colours means all of my Void Elves have the same blue hair colour.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Since I know more High Elf options in future patches are pretty much inevitable, I hope they'll also consider adding more whacky void options, too.

The funny thing is that black hair is already in the game, as several Void elf NPCs in Stormwind have black hair. Yet for some reason it is not accessible to the player character...
    My personal theory is that for whatever reason, the black hair option didn't get finished in time for launch. The tentacles are untextured.

I used WoW Model Viewer to view the void elves, and here's what the black hair looks like:

Interestingly, "Secondary Skin Color", "Secondary Hair Color" and "Jewelry Color" are all options listed on the model, but there's currently nothing you can choose from.

There's also an eye option that has totally-blacked out eyes. Could be nothing. But:

From what I understand from certain posts on the official forums about the Void Elf NPC black hair, it seems like the hair texture being used by those NPC's is from another race and not made specifically for Void Elves. And because of this, the tentacles are just a flat black without the typical animated glows. There's not even any textures showing hair on them. They just end up looking like black tubes if you look closely, but it's easy to miss that detail because its black and it kind of just blends in.

here's the NPC close up:

You can actually see that Void-corrupted planet from Telogrus Rift in-game:

Very beautiful and ominous at the same time, but then again not surprising. Telogrus Rift is located on the brink of the Void, after all.

I predict that Telogrus Rift will become a relevant hub of operations for not just Void elves, but the entire Alliance, if we visit a Void-corrupted planet in a future expansion. By that time, I believe Telogrus will have already developed into a sizeable settlement.
    I would not be surprised if it was even shared with Horde.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Black Hair for my Void Elves, yes yes yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    From what I understand from certain posts on the official forums about the Void Elf NPC black hair, it seems like the hair texture being used by those NPC's is from another race and not made specifically for Void Elves. And because of this, the tentacles are just a flat black without the typical animated glows. There's not even any textures showing hair on them. They just end up looking like black tubes if you look closely, but it's easy to miss that detail because its black and it kind of just blends in.

here's the NPC close up:

I must say it is really strange void elves lack black hair option, especially given their goth/emo vibes. Black hair mix really well with pale void skins we have. I really hope Blizz will give us this option when AR get their round with character customizations.

I would not also mind that black eye color on the picture above. It looks really vicious.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Even if they did odds are people wouldn't be happy with a Alliance Stronghold being used as a shared capital with the Horde, at least the Kirin Tor had the benefit of having loose connections to the current Alliance when it became a capital, I doubt the Ren'dorei would want to dedicate their somewhat limited land available for somewhere for the Horde to stay, if they did relent odds are the relationship would be one sided in the Alliances favor, perhaps even simply dumping them on the most void infested rock so they can make better use of it once they can kick the Horde out

I hope not... but considering Blizzard ? It'll probably be the case yeah.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    As much as i hate void elves (and i do hate them) the one good thing is they have the potential to become something cool. Make them more like dark elves. Have the void corruption start to fuck with there minds.
    Same here.. I still see the void elves as an asspull which we all know they are, but they should atleast focus more on them being called VOID elves and get bit more creative with the cutomizations.. I get there are still those pesky high elf fans who want a blood elf 2.0 on the alliance, but I rather see them add more void stuff then elf stuff.

Void elves have to wait in line like the nightborne who have a grand total of 3 skin colors.. next allied race bstch of costumizations will be interesting.

Ps: idk whats up with the color black, weird considering blood elves have 2 shades of black, maybe blizz considers this a blood elf color now and now they wont share it
    I can already feel the hate if this would be true lol.

- - - Updated - - -

By that time, I believe Telogrus will have already developed into a sizeable settlement.
    We had hoped that for many other places over the years..

Wouldnt hold my breath if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-09 at 02:30 PM.

I hope not... but considering Blizzard ? It'll probably be the case yeah.
    It would be cool if Horde somehow managed to get the Tempest Keep running. Especially if blood elves got some help from goblins.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

From their base of operations located right on the edge of the endless Void, the Ren'dorei shall have the monopoly of all operations against the Void Lords. They'll be like the Kirin Tor back in Legion. Theron will regret giving up such a useful and resourceful army.

So... Now that HE-looking VE can be created, how many of you actually did just that ?

I changed Manariel's skin, but used a previous boost to 120 to level up a VE Warlock who remains proudly purple !
    I kept my VE the way he was before. Grey skin with ashen hair. Since there's no proper playable Dark Elf in this damn game, this is the closest I can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Same here.. I still see the void elves as an asspull which we all know they are, but they should atleast focus more on them being called VOID elves and get bit more creative with the cutomizations.. I get there are still those pesky high elf fans who want a blood elf 2.0 on the alliance, but I rather see them add more void stuff then elf stuff.

Void elves have to wait in line like the nightborne who have a grand total of 3 skin colors.. next allied race bstch of costumizations will be interesting.

Ps: idk whats up with the color black, weird considering blood elves have 2 shades of black, maybe blizz considers this a blood elf color now and now they wont share it
    I can already feel the hate if this would be true lol.
    I think it's good to have option for both fantasies, both high elven and void elven. I certainly want more void/astral features for void elves, but having some regular high elf fantasy features does not hurt either. The problem is that blood elves have basicaly only their classic high elf style, so they should get something else as well. If they are meant to be void elf opposition, then they should get "lightforged" features. In that way, blood elves would be high elves fused with the Light, and void elves would be high elves fused with the void.

I agree on Nightborne. They are definitely in need of more features, not just skin colors. They really need to look more like their NPC counterparts, their playable models are just... well, even worse then base night elves. Not to mention underwhelming racials they got as well.

It would be cool if Horde somehow managed to get the Tempest Keep running. Especially if blood elves got some help from goblins.
    Wasn't Tempest Keep retaken by the Shattari? I guess blood elves would have to infiltrate it and retake it once again to gain control of it, which is pretty unlikely, given that Liadrin pledge her loyalty to A'dal.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-11-09 at 05:35 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The problem is that blood elves have basicaly only their classic high elf style, so they should get something else as well.
    Now this is the problem for me. The thing is, the blood elves don't need anything else when they already have their own story.
    You make it seem they lack something, when you want, what they have kind of situation. I would argue to leave it t what it is and let them push forward why they are called void elves in te first place. I think it would be a healthy direction for the void elves if they would be little more creative on them in the future and ser their own path, right now they lack on all fronts. I understand people want the high elf look, but the problem is people always want more and it shows when we know his has already been realised in game as we speak.

We wil see what the future will bring for costumization for them, I do see blonde colors happening for void elves for example. I don't hope it will happen, because I think the line is drawn for me at Tentacles off/on(same hairstyles or new ones) so no blood elf copy paste.
    I think the color white/black should be available on both sides, lightercolors such as blonde will be blood elf only. I think thats fair play.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-09 at 08:21 PM.