Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Agreed, also, it would be too obvious. What would be more interesting is if they got along well, despite this difference, like a reflection of Alleria and Turalyon.

Tension could come between some sects of humanity's light religion not being into the whole void thing at all, and csating aspersions on aliens and other races as the problem -this would be a bit in line with the suspicion in Stormwind at the Cathedral. It shouldn't be reflective of all humaniyt.. and it would be silly to make that sect outrgith enemies, but they could be asource of tension as a group that doesn't want void involvement.

Saying that, Xe'ra was obviously anti-Alleria, while the Lightforged leaned towards Velen and Turalyon's acceptance, maybe some zealot lightforged could be involved/ But it doesn't fit the profile of the lightforged, we could have an AU universe Lightbound make the crossing and be the source of stirring up the trouble. And MU Lightforged be part of the solution that works against it.
    Yep the Lightbound and basically any human religious extremists *cough* Scarlet Brotherhood *cough* would definitely target the Void Elves, hell they may even brand the Lightforged as heretics for being so willing to work with them, to be honest, plus it's fun to imagine the Lightbound making a habit of calling any light wielder who object to their methods as heretics, only for Velen, Anduin, or perhaps even a Void Elf to completely shut them down and compare them to the Burning Legion and the Old Gods

Hiya.

I didn't realize there was a Void elf thread aside from the High elf megathread. I've stated my suggestions in the High elf megathread but will do so here too.
    For customization, I suggest:

Hair colors: Astral White, Pitch Black, Void blonde. Astral white will be a glowish light silver with dark blue and purple stardust to indicate a void corruption encircling them. It will be the more ''glittery'' option for Void elves. Pitch black is nice and goth, and will fit their theme. Void blonde will either include two large, dark blue highlights with a void shine to them, resembling the shining wings of the Starcursed Voidseeker. Or the bottom half of the hair can be dark blue with that similar shine.

Hair styles: A very loose braid, and a long, straight hairstyle with a side braid for females. Also a long, straight hairstyle and a short emoish one with a side bang for males.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what I wish for the Void Elves to do. Actually be part of the Story of main Story with ether Characters that we know turned into the Void Elves or New Ones that is fresh out and likeable with backstories and etc. Also bring back Alleria and Umbric so that they can finally have a spotlight as well as Vereesa. That Silver Covenant Elf hasn't done jack since legion.

Also have the Void Elves came out of the Rift and make their mark within Azeroth of building Small or regular High Elf Looking Towns except with Void touched Buildings from Warcraft 3, More Void Hawkstriders, and a freaking Void Dragonhawk. I know that these classes would get rejected but how come we have Void Paladins like a Paladin that is Shadow Knight or Void Shaman and Druid to mix it up with corrupted Thalassian Elven Druid with Void Nature Powers like the Emerald Nightmare.

I want to see a War between Blood Elves and Void Elves while the Void Elves take some of the Quel'thalas areas like the lodge in Eastern Plaguelands, parts of Ghostlands, and maybe even northeren lordaeron if there is a High Elven Village harbor maybe.

Finally I want to see the Void Elves be like the Warcraft 2 and 3 Versions of the High Elf Units while paying respects to the Units of that version like being part of the Alliance main storyline than just Humans, Humans, Wolf Humans, Magic Humans, Pirate Humans, and Humans. Also Night Elves as well that overstay their main storyline of the story in which I think it's about time we see Actually Alliance High Elf Story or in this case Alliance Thalassian Elves finally being part of the story again after so long.

So 3 Big Wishes. Alleria being part of the Story and hoping she doesn't turn evil and other Void Elf Characters too, More Void Elf Stuff like a Heritage Armor Remake, Void Hawkstriders, Void Dragonhawks, Void Elf Flags, Armor Sets of the Warcraft 3 Units, Tabards, and even Void Elf Buildings that the Void Elves can have Homes in just like High Elves, and also more Void Elf Customization Options of Two Sides. High Elf and Corrupted Born Void options of faces, eyes, and etc that is void.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

High Elves is the wrong direction for future Void Elf customization. At least, a few added hair styles and jewelry would be extremely boring.

They should get a bunch of features that turn their skin completely Void/Ethereal held together by bandages. The Blood Elf silhouette would work quite good for this.

Personally, I'd like to see options that are generally versatile added.

Permanent entropic embrace skin and hair options would be great! As would void ethereal style void skin/bandages. But I'd also like to see simple options that work for whatever theme you want to focus on, or simply allow you to mix and match.

A tentacle toggle would essentially double the amount of hair options void elves currently have without having to create new hairstyles, and it allows styles that don't have tentacles to have them, letting players who want to lean harder into the void theme use them. Sure, it could also allow people to remove tentacles from styles that have them, but that's just player agency at work and doesn't rob players of void options.

A toggle also does something else very significant for void elves in my opinion. It guarantees that any new hairstyles added to void elves will always have the option to have tentacles so that all future hairstyles can be used and still lean hard into the void theme.

It's a simple option that the tech already exists for in the game (night elf hair vines), and Talendrion has already shown us that the tentacles are not part of the hairstyles and can be "turned off" in the same manner as the vines.

As for other void themed options I'd like to see, an animated "starcursed" hair color similar to the starcursed voidstrider's animated void effect would amazing! I also wouldn't mind a matching "starcursed" eye color option as well!
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-03-02 at 02:54 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    it just occurred to me, since the Void Elves are part of the Nazmir suicide squad, is it plausible that at least a handful would survive since they have their void warp?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    it just occurred to me, since the Void Elves are part of the Nazmir suicide squad, is it plausible that at least a handful would survive since they have their void warp?
    It's certainly plausible, but if they didn't return to Boralus for debriefing, they'd technically be deserters. It would also lessen the "impact" of their "sacrifice". I put those words in quotes because it pains me to frame that event as having had any true impact, or being a real sacrifice beyond, Telaamon. A bunch of generic NPC's (of which the numerous void elves present magically appear out of thin air even though they should be incredibly few in number) being marched to their deaths doesn't really cut it in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    It's certainly plausible, but if they didn't return to Boralus for debriefing, they'd technically be deserters. It would also lessen the "impact" of their "sacrifice". I put those words in quotes because it pains me to frame that event as having had any true impact, or being a real sacrifice beyond, Telaamon. A bunch of generic NPC's (of which the numerous void elves present magically appear out of thin air even though they should be incredibly few in number) being marched to their deaths doesn't really cut it in my book.
    I think it's possible there were survivors, and if they did, they made it back.

And yeah, the fact that it was such a throwaway sacrifice, I really hope some actually did manage to survive, if anything, to make things less bleak lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    High Elves is the wrong direction for future Void Elf customization. At least, a few added hair styles and jewelry would be extremely boring.

They should get a bunch of features that turn their skin completely Void/Ethereal held together by bandages. The Blood Elf silhouette would work quite good for this.

As much as I love the ethereal aesthetic, it really would feel as bad to make Void Elves just discount ethereals. Even now their ethereal influence is so tangential it's weird their heritage set is so evocative of them.

I wish there were more reasons to edge the VE's closer to ethereal aesthetics, but there's nothing beyond two teachers.

Void Elf customization should be THAT, Elves, but voided; taking thalassian aesthetics and giving them a void spin, even an ethereal influenced one. Starry void warpaint, ethereal feathers specifically as originating from Alleria for example.

But simply using Ethereal aesthetics and VE as a proxy for them just dilutes the fact that Void Elves are, well, elves, and should have a continuous cultural connection to that.

In short, at least it would have to be a good mix between Ethereal and Thalassian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    You know what I wish for the Void Elves to do. Actually be part of the Story of main Story with ether Characters that we know turned into the Void Elves or New Ones that is fresh out and likeable with backstories and etc. Also bring back Alleria and Umbric so that they can finally have a spotlight as well as Vereesa. That Silver Covenant Elf hasn't done jack since legion.

Also have the Void Elves came out of the Rift and make their mark within Azeroth of building Small or regular High Elf Looking Towns except with Void touched Buildings from Warcraft 3, More Void Hawkstriders, and a freaking Void Dragonhawk. I know that these classes would get rejected but how come we have Void Paladins like a Paladin that is Shadow Knight or Void Shaman and Druid to mix it up with corrupted Thalassian Elven Druid with Void Nature Powers like the Emerald Nightmare.

I want to see a War between Blood Elves and Void Elves while the Void Elves take some of the Quel'thalas areas like the lodge in Eastern Plaguelands, parts of Ghostlands, and maybe even northeren lordaeron if there is a High Elven Village harbor maybe.

Finally I want to see the Void Elves be like the Warcraft 2 and 3 Versions of the High Elf Units while paying respects to the Units of that version like being part of the Alliance main storyline than just Humans, Humans, Wolf Humans, Magic Humans, Pirate Humans, and Humans. Also Night Elves as well that overstay their main storyline of the story in which I think it's about time we see Actually Alliance High Elf Story or in this case Alliance Thalassian Elves finally being part of the story again after so long.

So 3 Big Wishes. Alleria being part of the Story and hoping she doesn't turn evil and other Void Elf Characters too, More Void Elf Stuff like a Heritage Armor Remake, Void Hawkstriders, Void Dragonhawks, Void Elf Flags, Armor Sets of the Warcraft 3 Units, Tabards, and even Void Elf Buildings that the Void Elves can have Homes in just like High Elves, and also more Void Elf Customization Options of Two Sides. High Elf and Corrupted Born Void options of faces, eyes, and etc that is void.
    do you want another faction war? So what would we take the blood elves? parts of the land of stormwind?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    do you want another faction war? So what would we take the blood elves? parts of the land of stormwind?
    I wouldn't mind a small scale cold war on Tarren Mill vs. Southshore levels
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I wouldn't mind a small scale cold war on Tarren Mill vs. Southshore levels
    blizzard can't write faction war. better do things like legion.

I would like to see race campaigns

I also think Ethereal customizations for Void Elves would be wrong, mainly because that would take away the possibility of having Ethereals as an allied race someday.

By the way if anyone wants to join the Void Elf discord server, you're all welcome:

https://discord.gg/8m9wDrqk
    Last edited by Leinadh; 2021-06-26 at 04:49 AM.

Two big requests for Void Elves.

1) Add the "Void" skin texture as an option, which they currently just use for their racial - https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...08QeB808QeC87a Imagine this skin tone with bright white hair!

2) Add the Heritage Armour "Wings" as a cosmetic back slot. I LOVE those void wing things, but they're currently attached to the chest piece with the stupid collar so it massively reduces how I can use it in transmog. If it was its own piece I'd use it with every transmog!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

On the EU forums we proposed quite a few things in terms customizations for Void Elves:

BODY:

Void tattoos
    Wider range of Voidy skin tones, including a mix of regular and Void-infused skin tones, as in the following image: https://i.imgur.com/3zuCYG1.jpg
    FACE:

Void scars
    Black eyes
    Variety of Voidy make-up (for males as well, this is 2021, Blizz!)
    Variety of Voidy jewelry (ditto)
    Range of ear lengths
    Third eye on the forehead (although cool, I doubt this is even possible)
    Small tentacles for beards and moustaches
    HAIR:

Wider range of Voidy hair colors, including black and white
    Voidy hair highlights
    Void braids, this could be like combining normal hair with a tentacle
    The option to toggle on/off tentacles on any hairstyle, and diversity as well in terms of size and color
    A full-tentacled hairstyle, like Medusa in Greek mythology, but tentacles instead of snakes.
    OTHER CUSTOMIZATIONS:

More variety of Entropic Embrace skin tones, giving us the ability to choose one whenever it procs.
    Let us customize our Spatial Rift racial - I personally would prefer to open a Void portal (like Alleria does) to teleport instead of that almost indiscernable floating Shadow ball. We could also simply disappear and appear using a special Voidy ‘teleportation’ effect.
    This won’t probably happen, but it would be nice if we could change the color of our class spells to dark purple, so as to show we’re using our class powers infused by the Void. Hunters should have the option to transmog their bows in a way that arrows look dark and gloomy when shooting at a foe.
    Not really a customization, but please develop some more lore for Void Elves? Show how they are training new recruits, explain how’s the new Void infusion process, make Umbric show up more frequently, not just Alleria, convert a few more High Elves, especially from the Silver Covenant, show a possible conflict of interest between Alleria and her sister Vereesa in this sense, etc.
    Popular demand asks for more regular hair colors, such as brown, black, grey, white or blond, as well as normal-looking hairstyles. They could always include some sort of Void highlight if Blizzard considers they should look different from Blood Elf hair options.
    Quite a few players have been asking for drastic Void customizations, such as a K’thir face option or tentacles sprouting out of the stomach. I personally don’t think it makes sense, as Void Elves are supposed to master the Void precisely to avoid further undesirable or odd consequences. But that’s just me.
    FURTHER IDEAS AND VISUAL EXAMPLES:

https://i.imgur.com/D0BJ2st.jpg
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._option_ideas/
    https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1...589440/photo/1
    https://i.imgur.com/T2wuYNh.jpg

EU forum post: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...athread/290261
    Void Elf Discord: https://discord.gg/8m9wDrqk
    Timelord Leinadh, Grand Magister of the Telogrus Rift Void Elf Discord Server.
    Follow Alleria's path into the shadows and meet other Void Elf fans:
    https://discord.gg/rrnYkMHuXp

Since this is more of a VE focused concept, this would be a better place for it than the HE megathread.

Starcursed Hair Effect Concepts

They should rename Void Elves to Star Elves, and go all-in on the Starry Void aesthetic, that would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Since this is more of a VE focused concept, this would be a better place for it than the HE megathread.

Starcursed Hair Effect Concepts
    I've seen this on Twitter earlier today and must say, I love it. This is exactly what I'd want to see on void elves. Long hair make for some nice contrasts... So, give us proper long hairstyle for males finaly.

They should rename Void Elves to Star Elves, and go all-in on the Starry Void aesthetic, that would be wonderful.
    Well, Star elves would be translated as Kaldorei and we have these elves already, so they had to invent new name for them. I'm not really fond of the name Void elf, since way too literal description, while elves name themselves in a more metaphorical manner.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-10-06 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I've seen this on Twitter earlier today and must say, I love it. This is exactly what I'd want to see on void elves. Long hair make for some nice contrasts... So, give us proper long hairstyle for males finaly.
    Thank you! And yeah, this would be something that would mostly work on longer hairstyles.

Well, Star elves would be translated as Kaldorei and we have these elves already, so they had to invent new name for them. I'm not really fond of the name Void elf, since way too literal description, while elves name themselves in a more metaphorical manner.
    I like to think Void Elves are more like "Elves from the depth of the cosmos", in the opposite way Kaldorei are Star Elves in the sense of moon and starlight, Void Elves are the space in between.

Also the idea of the texture itself is basically this Void Flayer, with the edge glow that the VE wings and Armor have.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Thank you! And yeah, this would be something that would mostly work on longer hairstyles.
    You're welcome! I really think it looks amazing. I noticed it on void elf discord and people there got excited about it. Nightborne mana hands give me hope that something like that could happen for void elves. I mean... we already have sufficient high elf features, giving us void related customizations seem like most propriate thing now.

I like to think Void Elves are more like "Elves from the depth of the cosmos", in the opposite way Kaldorei are Star Elves in the sense of moon and starlight, Void Elves are the space in between.
    I actually think of them in the same way. The problem is that the Void, as a cosmic force, is traditionaly connected mostly with Old Gods and similar monstrosities, but it's just one facet of the Void, similarly as Naaru are just one facet of the Light. Void elves are not based on Old Gods though. They seem to be leaning more towards Dark Naaru and ethereals (which are central parts of both Alleria storyline and transformation into ren'dorei). We did not explore this side of the Void, which is good, it gives us new potential stories. It also give us space for more elegant concepts, which suits their elf heritage well. For these reasons, I think the name Void elf, while literal, is not that accurate. I would prefer if they got traditional label Dark Elf, or maybe Astral Elf, to avoid connections with Old Gods which they are not build upon.

Also the idea of the texture itself is basically this Void Flayer, with the edge glow that the VE wings and Armor have.
    oh, so cool. To be honest, I'd even like option for this skin for our tentacles (and the option to chose colors of tentacles in the first place).

I actually think of them in the same way. The problem is that the Void, as a cosmic force, is traditionaly connected mostly with Old Gods and similar monstrosities, but it's just one facet of the Void, similarly as Naaru are just one facet of the Light. Void elves are not based on Old Gods though. They seem to be leaning more towards Dark Naaru and ethereals (which are central parts of both Alleria storyline and transformation into ren'dorei). We did not explore this side of the Void, which is good, it gives us new potential stories. It also give us space for more elegant concepts, which suits their elf heritage well. For these reasons, I think the name Void elf, while literal, is not that accurate. I would prefer if they got traditional label Dark Elf, or maybe Astral Elf, to avoid connections with Old Gods which they are not build upon.
    Yeah that's the thing! A lot of people go Void = Old Gods. And while the later are an expression of the Void, there's the whole other fallen naaru, cosmic aspect of it all. Something very interesting is how VE are as much related to Ethereals and Dark Naaru which are by most measure, inorganic, which is a big contrast to Void as in Old Gods, as in, Curse of Flesh.

So Void Elves kinda straddle that line with their tentacles as well as their obvious Dark Naaru/Starcursed imagery, and I hope they do lean on that for their customizations.