Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah there's a lot more to the Void Elves, especially as we learn that they never intended for the Horde to have this power and it would have been a weapon against them. They also still see themselves as a part of Silvermoon and are fighting for it - they just really hate the Horde.

The way I see it is that they're a renegade political & military insurgent faction of Silvermoon, and the Alliance is helping them for a potential coup. Very similar to IRL how US&EU might arm and supply an insurgent group to overthrow a pro-Russia government.
    Yes. That's exactly how it is.

The Ren'dorei love Quel'Thalas. What they don't love is the Horde. They will never stop in their quest to free Quel'Thalas from the Horde and bring it back into the Alliance.

The Ren'dorei are like a group of Americans who would be mad if the USA suddenly joined the Axis, and worked to bring them back into the Allies side.

- - - Updated - - -

The Ren'dorei have unparalleled potential, they always had, I've been saying this since their introduction. It's up to Blizzard to fullfill that potential, or continue to neglect them, while focusing on the same 2 races that have been in the spotlight for 20 years.

Alleria Windrunner, the first of the Ren'dorei, the first mortal in the Cosmos to defy the Shadows' whispers, she is in a unique position in the lore. She works alongside Turalyon to mend the wounds of the Alliance, she continues to contend with the whispers, and simultaneously she seeks to bring Quel'Thalas back into the fold.

Magister Umbric, the original leader of the scholars who searched the Void, he has a unique character trait that not even Alleria has. He despises any kind of government that builds lavish riches at the expense of the common people, which led him into conflict with Gallywix, the former leader of the goblin who built his riches on the back of his oppressed people. He also seeks to prove the worth of the Ren'dorei to the Alliance, no matter the price. He can be ruthless and methodical in his approach, like when he and his followers meddled with the bones of the Zandalari dinosaurs in Zuldazar, to terrify the enemies. To prove the worth of the Ren'dorei to the Alliance.

The Ren'dorei are overall in a very unique position, they have always been. They represent a somewhat "darker" side of the Alliance. They are not evil, but pragmatic, in a faction full of Lawful Stupid idiots. They can be ruthless and conniving if the situation demands it. They do not shy away from employing shady tactics, if it can further their goals.

Like that time in the book where Alleria messed with the brain of a prisoner, to find valuable intel on Sylvanas' whereabouts. Was it a grim/unpleasant action to do? Yes. Was it justified/necessary? Also Yes. This is what the Alliance needs. People who are not afraid to get their hands dirty for the cause. It is therefore not a surprise that the Ren'dorei have a flawless record of successes since they joined the Alliance.

But now for the first time in years, the Ren'dorei are truly catapulted in the position to attain the spotlight. They can truly attain the spotlight. With Alleria Windrunner standing in the War Room, next to the Throne Room of Stormwind, while her husband Turalyon is de-facto regent of the entire Alliance. The Ren'dorei always had the most potential, but now they are truly in the position to get the spotlight, once FillerLands is over.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-02 at 09:54 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Here is some concept customization I'd like to personally see
    enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Here is some concept customization I'd like to personally see
    enjoy!
    Honestly I wasn't much into the idea of greenish tentacles at first, but now I'm digging the drowned old god vibe.

There's a lot that can be done with more tentacle colors -and more tentacles- so besides more hair styles that look good with or without, I really would love if we get more customization on tentacles

In my opinion, these greenish slimey tentacles should be DK only and they seem like a good connection to Yogg. The rest should just be the purple ones, dark void ones and braids. So total 4 (5) versions that include the regular ones.

Little up to say I add a link to a discord server in the first post people.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if there's like more News relating to Void Elves in Dragonflight? So far it's Thalassian Blood Elves with the New Tents and such. Will the Void Elves be added into the Explorer's League or something?
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    I wonder if there's like more News relating to Void Elves in Dragonflight? So far it's Thalassian Blood Elves with the New Tents and such. Will the Void Elves be added into the Explorer's League or something?
    Void elves already cooperated with Explorer's League in Zandalari during Alliance War Campaign. Also, Horde is represented by Reliquary in Dragon Isles, so it might be interesting to see some Void elves mirroring them on the Alliance side.

Other than that, I presume we will get some Void/Old God stuff in Dragonflight through Black Dragonflight or perhaps Infinite Dragonflight. We still know almost nothing about the expansion, so everything is possible... But I don't really expect much lore regarding anything else then dragons and titans.

We don't need more story for meme race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    We don't need more story for meme race.
    Why? So far Void Elves haven't gotten much of the Spotlight at all not since BFA or atleast High Elves in General on the Alliance pretty much.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Ironic how Xal'atath has done more for the Ren'dorei visual identity than any actual Void Elf.

Maybe, if Blizzard stops giving spotlight to goth waifus and start looking at other characters, they might remember Magister Umbric exists and he's still rotting in a generic NPC model:

Xal'atath is pretty much how I would expect a Ren'dorei Magister or "Blood Mage" to look like.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ironic how Xal'atath has done more for the Ren'dorei visual identity than any actual Void Elf.

Maybe, if Blizzard stops giving spotlight to goth waifus and start looking at other characters, they might remember Magister Umbric exists and he's still rotting in a generic NPC model:

Xal'atath is pretty much how I would expect a Ren'dorei Magister or "Blood Mage" to look like.
    I believe there is great chance for void elves to receive new customizations and/or racial themed tmogs in TWW and Midnight. Both expansion seem to be pretty relevant for void elves.

If you look at Dragonflight, there are tons of cosmetics added to the game. Night elves also get new heritage armor recolor reward for killing Fyrrak, which set a precedent for adding new heritage armors for races after completing some task after they unlock their heritage armor.

How are the Void Elf "Wings" not their own item on the back slot yet? Would love to be able to use them with all my other transmogs.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2023-12-05 at 12:48 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Why? So far Void Elves haven't gotten much of the Spotlight at all not since BFA or atleast High Elves in General on the Alliance pretty much.
    Not any less then other allied races my mate.

Calling Magister Umbric's gonna be back in the story bridge between DF and TWW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly in The War Within the Ren'dorei have a part to play specially Umbric. I use to hate him because of the whole high elf thing but now I actually want to see more Thalassian Alliance Elves in the Story.

I want Magister Umbric to return in Midnight and act in a bitchy and smug way towards the Horde; stuff like deriding the Horde, mocking their "ideals", and showing no regret for aligning himself with the Alliance. As we know that Umbric and his followers genuinely believe in the ideals of the Alliance, I want him to act in a smug and condescending way towards the Herd elves.

Umbric has also shown to be very cold-blooded, as he banished Horde ambassadors into the Void and raised sacred Dinosaur bones to spread fear amongst the Zandalari. He is one of the few Alliance charactes who don't give a fuck about anyone and will employ under-handed tactics to win.

But knowing Disney Blizzard, Umbric will just be Rommath's buddy and the two will exchange quirky jokes about mana and potentially start a gay romance. Because it's World of Disneycraft and faction rivalry is a thing of the past.

Even though realistically Umbric would deride the Horde and their primitive, backwater mentality.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-12-08 at 08:50 PM.

Honestly in The War Within the Ren'dorei have a part to play specially Umbric. I use to hate him because of the whole high elf thing but now I actually want to see more Thalassian Alliance Elves in the Story.
    I mean one would hope that the Void Elves actually show up as supporting characters for Alleria during TWW. This is a great opportunity to flesh them out and it would be crazy if they didn't take it.

I wanna see more Umbric and he's the most likely to get development, but I really hope new characters are introduced; besides Kavia, have we even gotten a relevant VE character since him?

What I really want to see is a Void Elven supporting cast for Alleria and the player, that also show us how VE have grown and adapted over the last few years (and hopefully we will finally see some of Alleria's old rangers having joined the VE)

Void Elves are lucky because they got the High Elf customization options! I really hope Blizzard gives them to Night Elves like pic related, after all Night Elf models were used for the original Vanilla High Elves!!:

3+ Year Old Account
    Alleria Windrunner + Void Elf form by vindorei: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...runner.352364/

- - - Updated - - -

I will soon make my own version, using Avatar of Vengeance themes for void form:

Last edited by Ardenaso; 2024-01-19 at 05:12 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.