Poll: Procc stat or flat stat?

Flat stat or procc stat?

Hey. (Frost DK)

Got 1 corruption item with "Have a chance to procc 915 mastery for 10 seconds" and One that says "Increases Mastery from all sources by 12%"

If i had to cleanse one of them.. which one should i get rid of?
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-02-12 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no expert but I'd imagine it depends on what your stats are...915 is a flat number which could or could not be better depending on how much mastery you already have.

If you're just asking about personal preference then I'd go with the flat stat, never know when a proc can proc and it could be virtually wasted because of bad timing.

My DK has 45% mastery (horrible RNG luck in s3) so if I played Frost and that's the best stat then the 12% would be a bigger increase for over all damage.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Don't cleanse any of them. Save the one you dont want to use now for later, as you will upgrade your cloak. ALWAYS save up an item for a slot that's uncorrupted, in the case you want to use other corrupted items.

Anyway, the 915 mastery proc has a high uptime as far as I'm aware.
    The % increase is hard to judge without your mastery stat. 12% of 700 is a bit over 70 mastery, while 1700 mastery is well over 170, which is quite good but still worse than 915 mastery proc, even IF it only has an uptime of 25% (it's higher, trust me), it's still way over 200 mastery.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-02-12 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey. (Frost DK)

Got 1 corruption item with "Have a chance to procc 915 mastery for 10 seconds" and One that says "Increases Mastery from all sources by 12%"

If i had to cleanse one of them.. which one should i get rid of?
    Well.. how much mastery do you have? 12 % is a relative number.

Also, you need to hit a training dummy for a while and check the uptime on the proc before you can make that choice.