Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd be on board with TBC.....you know the polished version of Vanilla?

Instead of Classic+, wouldn't it make more sense to just make a WoW2. All you would have to do is make it take place in the future say 200 years into the future. Everything with current WoW is over, there was a long time of peace, and now Azeroth is threatened again with blah blah blah...

I honestly think this would be a better route as long as they use a Vanilla-ish mentality. If it was a mesh of what is good about retail and what is good about Classic, I think it would far surpass any game Blizzard has ever put out. Probably more subs that even WoW's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It definitely wasn't the same ever since. It became more mainstream. Less hardcore than Vanilla. I think that's when the dumbing down of the whole gaming industry started to accelerate.
    WoW was never hardcore. Even back in 2004/2005 it was the casual MMO! It was just very time consuming.

you need the TBC soft reset because the horizontal progression just makes the gap between those joining the game and those at the top even wider. classic + is just more power creep over t3 which was already over powered. there is some level of balance in the game at the moment between dungeon bis and raid tier but this isn't the same for aq40 and t3. beyond that would simply make the pvp balance even worst without sufficient pvp gear to go along with the extra raid tiers.

then you have no new abilities to deal with any significant increase in mechanical difficulty. its just more of the same. rather than going with the tbc route which had more abilities, deeper talent trees. slightly more complex boss fights. that to me seems like the better way to go, that and it already exists, it doesn't need to be created from scratch and somehow, fit in with 15 yo content.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-02-13 at 03:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    No thanks, I prefer TBC release over that crap
    Very much this.

You really, really don't want Blizzard with its current attitude to be making major changes to Classic. They will not invest enough into it to do it well...it will be the half-***ed stuff we see with Retail.

3+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, if you want Classic+ go to Retail (Shadowlands). The vast majority of players are demaning TBC realms and eventually WotLK.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Considering that WoW went into completely wrong direction with TBC and later expansions, I believe it is a good idea to come up with a completely new branch of Expansions for Classic.
    TBC is a better version of Vanilla, exact same direction, just better in every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10chars

Classic + as in releasing dungeons and raids that were originally intended to be launched in vanilla but never did. anything that was supposed to be released in vanilla that never was ie, gear, class changes etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather TBC at least we know what we are getting. Classic+ will only lead to disappointment because you all have these dreams of what you want but have no idea of what you will be getting.

And the way Blizard have been the last few years you really want them to make new content for Classic? You might wanna reconsider.

10+ Year Old Account

Absolutely not!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this?
    No, and honestly it's an uninspired and lazy suggestion.

I am on-board with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    id be more interested in seeing the cata zones twilighthighlands, vashir, uldum and hyjal released as lvl 60 zones in a classic+ p7.

Aswell as gilneas, karazan, zul aman, sunwell, bastion/bwd/throne of thunder/firelands. and all the caverns of time content.

Basicly everything thats on the kalimdor/eastern kingdoms continet from future expansions. But retuned for lvl 60 content, with dungeons and all.
    I think the cata zones would be alot better without fucking flying.
    Personally level 60 cap is a must! Any TBC or future content introduced should be done so that Vanilla 60 content isn't made irrelevant.

I am all for extra zone (particularly Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms) and welcome extra races (Draenei/Blood Elves) providing they are incorporated into the vanilla style game play. Any new content should not just be for level 60s. I'd like to see new content at all levels to encourage players to start new characters and explore new areas to level in.

For me, blizzard needs to keep the retail and classic as differentiated as possible. There is a reason why I came back to playing WoW on the release of classic and that is the love for long grinds, communities and a great sense of achievements.

One part of the game close to my heart which has never been encouraged by blizzard is the twinking community. If there was new content encouraging the competitiveness of low level pvp'ers, I would welcome that. Make it so that an honorable kill at any level provides the same honor. Allow low level players to achieve high ranks like high level players so that they can acquire rewards such as battle standards, tabards etc.

Imagine trusting the people running retail wow into the ground to make new engaging content for classic

TBC please

They wont bother with anything new in classic. Why would they? We live in a time were rebooting old games/xpacs is a huge thing. People want to play the older versions and thats a "easy" way for many to generate money.

They have retail for new stuff. They have done the major legwork to release BC when working on classic, so BC is a no brainer.

Blizzard really got it good right now. Create OK xpacs for retail while leaving all the others IPs to rest, except Diablo4 and OW2(does it even count, not much new there?). So all they gotta do to generate shitton of money is new content for retail while launching old stuff done before. Genious!

Classic+ is not happening

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Dungeons
    - All dungeons (including non-60 ones) now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - Substantially increased HP and damage in Heroic Dungeons
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Dungeons: armor/weapon recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Raids
    - All raids now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - HP and damage of all raid mobs increased by up to 100% (earlier raids buffed more than later raids)
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Raids: tier recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Class balance updates
    - Underperforming specs are given a damage/healing/tanking aura buff that works in Heroic Dungeons and Heroic Raids only.

Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this? It'd mostly be numbers tuning and adding in rewards that are already on file. It'd also keep the integrity of the rest of the game in tact as any changes are within their own bubble.
    Yes because the same exact content with more health is so fucking exciting. Maybe the fights will last 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds.

Just realized this is a necro. wtf how do random people with 1 post find these threads?

TBC was probably a better game in terms of gameplay; it's just that Outland and everything about it looks so bland and uninspired...blehhh.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Yes because the same exact content with more health is so fucking exciting. Maybe the fights will last 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds.
    Mythic+ is this exact thing, only stretched out for the whole expansion, and people somehow love it, so, you know. There's some weird merit to that.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    TBC was probably a better game in terms of gameplay; it's just that Outland and everything about it looks so bland and uninspired...blehhh.
    Seriously? I thought the one sort of "definite" truth about BC was that Outland kicked ass. The zones felt quite unique, mushroomy forests of Zangarmarsh, Nagrand being a mix of regular, relaxing plains and broken cosmic rocks, and whatever the fuck Netherstorm was. Don't think any other expansion was this creative with zones.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2020-05-07 at 11:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People: Ww want Classic+
    Also people:We want it for free, were not paying for old stuff

Saw it with Classic, craving for Classic, they got it, then they wanted it for free cause its "old", Classic+ is a waste of time and NEVER gonna happen for at least 7-10 years.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s