Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    N'zoth enters Azeroth.
    N'zoth dies...

Good... story????
    He didnt enter azeroth, he retreated to nyalotha to gain power, so he could take azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I literally just said it wasn't a copy paste.
    Not saying you did, but the other ones replying to me.

But come on now. There's so little in that cinematic that is new or creative. Even you have to admit that.
    Of course that cinematic is not creative. But that does not mean it's "ripping off" anything. And if you look at the previous cinematics, you'll find how "not new or creative" they are, as you'll always find other media who did either "the same thing" or very similar.

And for a final scene with this amount od buildup, it's shameful how weak it is.
    Still better than "DRAENOR IS FREE!" in my opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The music of Sauron's death and N'Zoth's death feel similar because both share the same theme: overcoming what seems to be an insurmountable threat. Listen to the Archimonde death cinematic music in WoD, for example.
    also because mosty fantasy settings use this generic sounding style.
    wow has always used this chorus themed music, so of course if you get 2 "epic chorus overcoming sadness" then they will sound somewhat similar, which they are, but even then only slightly, they dont follow the same tempo or rise, one raises and lowers, the other has raises, lowers, raises, lowers, queue to silence for sadness, back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That's a stupid reason not to cleave Azeroth. Blizzard giving him a reason to not cleave Azeroth does not automatically make it a VALID reason. The reasoning you provided makes Sargeras a joke, a moron, a bumbling fool. Do you understand that? The cinematic DESTROYED Sargeras as a character. He is not a compelling threat. He is comedy.

I could create a "dangerous" villain but write him such that he won't venture outside the woods because he thinks the world is flat and that he will fall off the edge if he enters town. That doesn't make him not stupid.
    I mean...

Why would he waste Azeroth anyway? The Titan Spirit within her is said to have the most potential out of all the Pantheon (This INCLUDES Sargeras, mind you), and Sargeras was already planning to make a Dark Pantheon anyway. Sargeras wants creation destroyed, but that's only because he wants the Void Lords gone. And with Azeroth, Argus, and the Dark Pantheon at his side, Sargeras could've easily defeated the Void Lords, ended creation, and brought about a new Universe. One where, in his eyes, only order and disorder reign supreme. That's not a terrible reason to not cleave Azeroth at all.

I mean, why didn't Arthas just kill Tirion when he had the chance? So he could watch as he rose the Players first as Arthas' Undead Champions? How could Tirion watch while frozen in a THICK block of ice? Why didn't Deathwing complete his Hour of Twilight much sooner and completely destroy the Aspects and Thrall during the Dragon Soul raid? They were completely vulnerable. Instead, he brings out Ultraxion, like wtf...

Why didn't any threat feel like an actual threat in WoW, and kill us?

Sargeras isn't "ruined" as a character because of this. He, as well as every other villain, had their own "excuses" for not killing us. Some were either good (Like the ones I mentioned above for Sargeras), and others were shit (Like Deathwing using ULTRAXION to slay us, when he was right there! BAHAHAHA!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    He didnt enter azeroth, he retreated to nyalotha to gain power, so he could take azeroth.
    Tbf here, Old Gods are at their most powerful when at Ny'alotha it seems. And considering N'Zoth had full claim there, I think it was safe to assume he was the most powerful Old God, even if he was only freed for about a week...

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Why has this thread continued for 15 pages when it was over in the first reply?

Everything about 8.3 is lazy. What a shame.
    Wouldn't be surprised if this patch sees even more people jumping the ship to be honest. Can't blame them. WoW hasn't had quality in any of it's aspects for a long time.

That cinematic is a fucking joke to what Blizzard are capable of and now BFA is basically over I can honestly say it's a 3/10 at most overall for this trainwreck of an expansion that ended with a ripoff of ROTK.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-14 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    It pretty much this. also the last cinematic is just so short. so low afford. It just one of the typical " in game" grapfic nothing special. In Legion both for the Nightwell we got a cool cinematic but also at the end of argus. Here we get a low afford Cinematic with 3 buildings that is crumbeling.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I feel like the boars at Durotar and the kobolds at Elwynn Forest have had more impact than N'Zoth.
    Well, they have killed more players than the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    We know Blizzard can make awesome cinematics, so we really expected more when we defeated the last boss of the expansion
    Not that it matters to anyone else but one possible explanation for the final raid cinematic being so short was the rather expansive cinematics that the expansion had earlier. I haven't bothered to count it all up because I'm not that anal about it but the sum total of BFA cinematics seems higher than previously. Just that most of them came out in the earlier parts of the expansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rHaaLm-jwA

Note: I went looking for the stitched-together cinematics that together made up the Varok-Saurfang Mak'gor cinematic (23 minutes) and found this one as well. Here is a YouTube of all of the BfA cinematics: 37'23". That's quite a bit.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-02-14 at 07:03 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It absolutely can be compared. The MCU was how many years in works? Definitely close to N'zoth's build up.

One company knew how to deliver on the expectations and build up. The other had absolutely no fucking clue.

Infinity War is not the culmination of 30 years. The comic series was pumped out in substantially less time than that.

I'm talking about the movie universe here.
    Still, you are comparing movies, to a game, and not even a single player game created and played just for the story (From Telltales for example), you are comparing it to an MMO, if you truly can't see that, well, I think you expect quite a lot dude...

It's not the same, try with another MMO please, I can't show any examples because I know nothing of other MMOS

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I literally just said it wasn't a copy paste.

But come on now. There's so little in that cinematic that is new or creative. Even you have to admit that. And for a final scene with this amount od buildup, it's shameful how weak it is.

I think you just dont want to admit it.
    I mean, it's 20 seconds of visuals. It's not like it was 2 minutes and there just happened to be two seconds kind of similar to Lord of the Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The only question really is why was he wasting time floating around in a cloud surrounding Azeroth instead of just cleaving the planet immediately? Oh, because the story had to happen...
    As far as I understood from in-game stuff only, Sargeras' "cloud" (Essence ? Soul ? No idea) was probably surrounding Argus since millenia, he only used the portal opened by Illidan to reach Azeroth. And he has reached Azeroth approximately when we fought Argus

Or maybe he still wanted to subjugate Azeroth and only decided to stab her when he realized the Pantheon was back and he couldn't deal with his original plan.

Dunno though, I'd have liked if the whole Sargeras cloud stuff was explained more in details, like during the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    C'thun was killed in the patch he was introduce. Yogg was killed in the middle of the expansion he was introduce.... Why would N'zoth be different.
    It's just selective hating really.

If I look at the track record of Old Gods in WoW, why I'd say N'zoth got the biggest bells and whistles of all, but ultimately, like all of them, he's just an overground and overfed lieutenant guy. He's not THE BIG enemy, just like Azshara isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?
    I'm replying without reading the rest of the thread, but I think that part of the problem is that most of the real excitement around BFA's story ended with the Saurfang cinematic at Orgrimmars front gates when Sylvanas took off. That concluded the story arc that began with BFA's opening cinematic and was carried along with quests ever since. The amount of theorycrafting and sheer hype around what the conclusion of the War campaign would ultimately be could never be outdone with whatever Blizz tried to do here, because N'zoth had a lot of foreshadowing but not a lot of emotional buildup.

We always pretty much knew that we'd defeat him in some way, but there was a lot more curiosity around our established lore characters because we know we still have to 'live with' them pretty much. So in a way, it felt like BFA ended with that big event at the front gates, and almost like this is an epilogue patch in that regard.

(edited to add this post I found)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    The hate caused by the ever rising ridiculous high expectations of the ungrateful community that blizzard is unable to meet.

The End Cinematic was not a standalone thing like other Expansions. It was part of the boss fight itself, and people don't seem to understand that.

Furthermore, N'zoth actually won us over and only the heart of Azeroth saved us from falling into his madness, Azeroth being a very powerful titan to be, if I might add, according to the lore.

Also, old gods are only agents of the Void Lords, which are still out there. Also we did beat two other old gods before and nzoth was actually weaker in some ways than the other two faced.
    These are also solid points that deserve reiterating.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2020-02-14 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

ignoring the lore implications, I thought it was pretty cool with how they tied it into the in-game cinematic after the fight almost flawlessly. It actually makes your character feel like they did something instead of lore figures stealing the credit all the damn time.

If we do include the lore implications, it seems like they're just burning through villains who could easily carry their own expansions. Argus and N'yoltha could have been expanded into their own xpacs but they got demoted to third patch level because (?). I've heard of writing yourself in a hole but they're just doing it in the long term to where they're probably gonna run out of shit to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not that it matters to anyone else but one possible explanation for the final raid cinematic being so short was the rather expansive cinematics that the expansion had earlier. I haven't bothered to count it all up because I'm not that anal about it but the sum total of BFA cinematics seems higher than previously. Just that most of them came out in the earlier parts of the expansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rHaaLm-jwA

Note: I went looking for the stitched-together cinematics that together made up the Varok-Saurfang Mak'gor cinematic (23 minutes) and found this one as well. Here is a YouTube of all of the BfA cinematics: 37'23". That's quite a bit.
    Which proved to be another Horde centric waste of a story that hasn't had any lasting impact on the game because the "Horde and Alliance conflict is core to the experience".

So we're at peace but we're not at peace.

Battle for Sad Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if this patch sees even more people jumping the ship to be honest. Can't blame them. WoW hasn't had quality in any of it's aspects for a long time.

That cinematic is a fucking joke to what Blizzard are capable of and now BFA is basically over I can honestly say it's a 3/10 at most overall for this trainwreck of an expansion that ended with a ripoff of ROTK.
    Blizzard polish is dead.

It's not only WoW, look at WC3: Reforged.

The ending is too lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Now which would cause more damage.

a massive fucking hole or a an object sticking out of it?
    Well, the wound is still "bleeding" with the sword in it. Also can't wait for some kind of "new threat" to come to the planet and just push the sword in, if it's left there.

I also think the anger is kinda weird. People should have laughed instead, because that end cinematic is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Look below you.
    also all three other old gods were killed, but are still very active to this day.
    Yea. Akin to how Y'shaarj's death made the 7 Sha and all the little Sha-lings, C'Thun, Yogg'Saron and N'Zoth will likely make several "big" raid/dungeon worth bosses, and alot of little quest-kill mobs. We already saw the Yogg-ites in that one scenario we had earlier in the expansion. So when Blizz does decide to revisit older content, they have a number of bads already prepped there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.