Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Personally, I have a problem with the writing when a mere group of mortal, me and guild mates, are able to take down some of mightiest villains to walk on Azeroth etc.

Some I can accept, Arthas. Garrosh. There were mortals like me until they went a little power hungry.

But against Sargaeras, old gods, etc. I find that a little hard to accept. What is stop me now from taking over?

I would preferred to our characters played a part, a big part, but it should not necessary be us. If I use LoTR as a example. The big hero did not destroy the ring. It was a halfling. Aragon et al played a big part sure, but there were others. I would have preferred if the writing were more along this line rather me save the day. Again.

And we do not necessary have to kill any of these fable characters. Just defeat them. Push them back.
    You're a sparkplug, not the actual weapon.

It's not blizz fault you can't read

The entire expac is about rebuilding the reorigination array, a giant fuckoff weapon that we've had entire raids devoted to avoiding it being turned on and blasting us out of existence - and because they use the heart of azeroth - an important tool in rebuilding the array - as a focusing point to fire the thing at n'zoth now you're saying that players are the be all end all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Imagine not being disappointed with that snore fest of an ending.
    How bout you not hype yourself up with shit they never hinted at so you don't fall off the deep end when they do what they always planned to do.

Entire expac we're rebuilding the array and charging up the heart, what'd you think the end was gonna be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Then it just means bad planning i guess. Instead of having the climax of the story in the end, we had it midway with Sylvanas and now N'zoths encounter feel a bit...weak.

Maybe the rumors were true? That after setting up Shadowlands with Sylvanas betraying the Horde, the rest of the expansion is just a bit "filler".
    Perhaps. It's arguable that the best story-telling in the entire expansion (and maybe in some years) was in that 23 minutes of cinematic about the Varok-Saurfang Mak'gor. Personally I question the whole premise of us knocking off old gods in raids but that's been happening forever. I had problems with the entire idea about a raid-sized group taking down Deathwing and we know how that turned out.

I don't know if 8.3 is filler as such or a more elaborate setup for Shadowlands. Either way I get the ambivalence about how it's worked out. I could also argue that the predictability of the story-telling in expansions is also bad and needed to be shaken up. There's no question in my mind that story arcs are mishandled badly by the lore team however one feels about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Personally, I have a problem with the writing when a mere group of mortal, me and guild mates, are able to take down some of mightiest villains to walk on Azeroth etc.

Some I can accept, Arthas. Garrosh. There were mortals like me until they went a little power hungry.

But against Sargaeras, old gods, etc. I find that a little hard to accept. What is stop me now from taking over?

I would preferred to our characters played a part, a big part, but it should not necessary be us. If I use LoTR as a example. The big hero did not destroy the ring. It was a halfling. Aragon et al played a big part sure, but there were others. I would have preferred if the writing were more along this line rather me save the day. Again.

And we do not necessary have to kill any of these fable characters. Just defeat them. Push them back.
    I'd say there's a good chance in the "official" lore that it was Wrathion who did it all and not us.

Anyway, in the cases of us fighting Sargeras and the OGs in both cases we've been pumped up pretty hard. In Legion we are holding the most powerful weapons on Azeroth - and in some cases in the universe. In BfA we have the Heart of Azeroth and we also aren't the ones that really strike the blow so much as enable the Reorigination array to lock on and fire being channeled through our Heart of Azeroth.

We are basically targeted chemotherapy. We're the dyes that identify the tumor so that they can blast it with radiation from the outside.

We also haven't killed Sargeras, he's locked away for use again here any old time. They've already hinted that the OGs won a victory there - either because the Burning Legion is now no longer a threat since it's completely leaderless, that the Titans are now locked away in some pocket dimension so the Void Lords are completely unchecked, or because they snuck in the curse of flesh with us simply by having mortals at the seat of the Pantheon and we carried the corruption of the OGs with us.

As for N'Zoth, they definitely should have communicated it in more than just that final cinematic, but the reason Azeroth isn't healing is because the planet is too busy fighting the OG corruption to deal with healing the wound from Sargeras. Kinda like if you have a cold it can take longer for a cut to heal, or how if you have scurvy not only will new cuts take longer to heal but old wounds can open up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    That and Sargeras only wanted to kill Azeroth because he had visions that she would fall to corruption from the old gods and destroy the universe.

Now that we've stopped that, Sargeras would willingly team up with us and Azerote to purge the void from the universe.
    Say what?

No.

Sargeras wants to burn down the entirety of the universe and remake it without any of the corruption of the OGs and Void Lords.

The rest of the Titans see that as not only unfeasible but damaging to their desired order.

Although really anyone that sees the Titans as "good" rather than "lawful" is making a huge mistake. Even without Sargeras we know that they've bathed countless worlds in flame. They care more about order than they do life, but it gets really complicated since there's natural organic life and then there's the curse of flesh that can turn titanic constructs into fleshly beings. Plus the OGs can infect regular old organic life too.

So I'd say imagine the Titans as gardeners. Sure they don't want to pull out a plant but if it gets covered with enough aphids they have zero problem with ripping it out and throwing it into the burn pile.

Sadly, Blizzard's writing has gone the way of the dodo...
    RIP good story-telling and characters that matter.

#Wowcharactersmatter
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Like I said, Sargeras is a moron. KILL AZEROTH IMMEDIATELY. Holy crap.

I'm sure the last thought running thru Sargeras' head as he got jailed was "fuck! I'm an idiot for not cleaving this planet".
    He wanted to corrupt Azeroth and make her part of his Dark Pantheon. This was stated in the Scepter of Sargeras lore journal warlocks get.

Stabbing Azeroth was a last ditch effort. Basically, "If I can't have her, no-one will!".

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?
    Here there will be anger over anything and everything Blizzard does.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    You're a sparkplug, not the actual weapon.
    It's not blizz fault you can't read
    It seems it takes one to know one. You seems to have missed other part of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They delisted it because they did not mean to upload it... If they really wanted to get rid of it they would have right out deleted it.
    My god you'll spin any narrative you can to try and defend Blizzard. Sad.

"They just accidentally pulled the file and spent time uploading it. Then they left it there for a whole day and then they corrected their mistake. Please believe me guys, I love Blizzard."

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post

"They just accidentally pulled the file and spent time uploading it. Then they left it there for a whole day and then they corrected their mistake. Please believe me guys, I love Blizzard."
    Well the ending of argus still isn't public on their channel either. It would sorta make sense not to spoil the ending of an expansion to anyone subscribed to their channel that have not completed the raid yet (no matter how bad you think the ending is). It also makes sense to upload it as unlisted if you want to embed it somewhere (like they have) in an environment where it has been made clear that the page contains spoilers. You can also see that other videos they have upload have similar or worse up/downvote ratios and have not been hidden.

But sure, sad.

edit: Again, im not defending the cinematic. Just criticize things that actually exist. Seriously if you can outright delete a video (and upload it again to reset ratios) why on earth would you delist it if you were afraid of bad pr.
    Last edited by Cthulhu fhtagn; 2020-02-15 at 05:03 AM.

Imagine the death of Illidan during BC. We are then told the next expansion would be a faction conflict in Northrend. The Scourge operate in the background. We'll call this expansion: Battle for Northrend (BFN). We then have a Naxxramas raid in patch 3.2. Patch 3.3 comes out and it's all "GO KILL THE LICH KING HE'S UNLEASHED THE SCOURGE ON AZEROTH OH NO." but it's just a couple zones no one goes to, anymore. Then the raid comes out. Lich King dies. That's it. He dies. That's the cinematic. "No king rules forever"? "I see only darkness before me"? Nope. He just dies in a 20 second cutscene.

That's the treatment N'zoth got.

It was not a whole day, it wasnt even an hour. they delisted it then uploaded the correct one.
    you will spin any narrative to try and shit on them, you really think out of ALL o fthe videos of theirs that have massive dislikes they would just happen to only delist this one cause "its bad"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Imagine the death of Illidan during BC. We are then told the next expansion would be a faction conflict in Northrend. The Scourge operate in the background. We'll call this expansion: Battle for Northrend (BFN). We then have a Naxxramas raid in patch 3.2. Patch 3.3 comes out and it's all "GO KILL THE LICH KING HE'S UNLEASHED THE SCOURGE ON AZEROTH OH NO." but it's just a couple zones no one goes to, anymore. Then the raid comes out. Lich King dies. That's it. He dies. That's the cinematic. "No king rules forever"? "I see only darkness before me"? Nope. He just dies in a 20 second cutscene.

i mean arthas dies in the first few seconds of the cinematic... most of the cinematic is tirion and bolvar chatting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember thinking it was badass when I read that they focused the Forge of Origination to kill the Thunder King. I don't get how storming an alternate reality and portaling in a planet busting beam in an Old God's Tootsie Roll Center could be anything less than awesome. I don't get what people don't like, either.

There wasn't a good enough emotional payout in my own opinion, For the end of an expansion you want to care, relate to whatever insane disaster is falling around your ears. In happier times (read: a better handled expac) this final raid tier/cinematic probably would have been average maybe slightly above or lower depending on the person. But Battle for Azeroth was so hopeless tainted by blizzard screw ups/bugs/droughts/false promises that people went into this with colored opinions.

Dear gamer gods please let Shadowlands be a breath of fresh air.

Some people are just way too fucking attached to a company tbh it's kinda well.... sad.

Anyone who believes they mistakenly uploaded it is just really trying too hard to defend this mess of a cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Props for an amazing sentence. Elegantly desbribing BfA with so few words, yet presenting such an effective unpleasant mental image to really slam home the "quality" of this expansion.
    Stooping to profanities or hyperbole to make a point is not what I call elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    ^^^^ cannot be over stated enough

I guess the main issue people had with it, is that it was not on par with the previous buildup. Was anticlimatic.
    But lets not forget that the main reason people are angry, is because its made by Blizzard. Its trendy to shit on everything blizzard does now days. Wether you dissagree with what they do or not

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post

Northrend was a huge faction conflict.

Don't you remember the distrust before the combined assault at the Wrathgate followed by the Forsaken betrayal? Or the fight to control Icecrown and going around killing wounded enemy (and same) faction soldiers so they wouldn't turn into the undead? Or you know, Gunship?

I mean I get what you're saying that you wanted a close and personal N'Zoth the way Arthas was in WotLK, but frankly wasn't dealing with whispering throughout the crucible patch enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Stooping to profanities or hyperbole to make a point is not what I call elegant.
    I've always operated under the definition of elegant as "Simple yet effective". Although I understand there are often more pleasing definitions.

I think the way it was described really slams home the point. Despite blizzard sort of listening, they basically misinterpreted or screwed up at every turn. BFA is an outright bad expansion that cut corners at every opportunity. And given that, it deserves every ounce of ridicule and profanity thrown at it so Blizzard understands how absolutely unacceptable that lack of quality is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hell if I know. For some reason people expected a notoriously minor side threat to put up more of a fight.