Looking to start and got a few questions. (WoW refugee)

Hey so I've just picked up the game on PS4 since I'm sick of WoW and got a few questions before I start or register my codes.

1. Is the game Crossplay with PC or are PS4/PC separate?

2. Do I require PS Plus to play online? I know online MP does for PS4 but I'm not sure how 14 works as it already has a sub.

3. Is the story really as good and focused as people say? Been looking for a good story driven MMO for a while.

4. Is there any stupid WoW levels of RNG on gear such as Titanforging, Corruption or other game unfriendly mechanics?

Thanks if you take the time to answer and I'm looking forward to hopefully starting my journey in Eorzea.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-13 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Hey so I've just picked up the game on PS4 since I'm sick of WoW and got a few questions before I start or register my codes.

1. Is the game Crossplay with PC or are PS4/PC separate?

2. Do I require PS Plus to play online? I know online MP does for PS4 but I'm not sure how 14 works as it already has a sub.

3. Is the story really as good and focused as people say? Been looking for a good story driven MMO for a while.

4. Is there any stupid WoW levels of RNG on gear such as Titanforging, Corruption or other game unfriendly mechanics?

Thanks if you take the time to answer and I'm looking forward to hopefully starting my journey in Eorzea.
    1. Yes it is.

2. My brother plays FF and doesnt have PS Plus

3. MSQ a.k.a. Main Story Quest is pretty long and at least to me up to the end of the classic game, kept me going. The side stories are decent as well.

4. I think the only type of RNG is melding materia and crafting quality or high quality, but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Like you I picked the game up when I took a break. I found it different and its combat slower in the sense but it was enjoyable, especially the random Fates and dungeons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hey there! Glad you want to join.

1. There is Crossplay. One of the reasons X-Box is not a platform yet, is cause Microsoft is asking for X-Box only servers.

2. Dunno. I played on PC.

3. Depends. It is miles better than WoW, that is for sure. But there are ups and downs. The leveling in 2.0 is pretty good, but the patch content is lackluster. Heavensward has a very good story, but maybe defeats threats too quickly. Stormblood is generally liked less, but still pretty good. Shadowbringers is amazing.

4. No RNG. All bears have arses. Almost every content you do at endgame grants you tomestones, that can be exchanged for job specific gear. One gear set per tomestone tier, so you can't weat bad gear.

Sweet super quick answers. Definitely trying now.

Bit of a huge FF fanboy as is just never really delved into their MMOs.

I just can't stand WoW right now. Or Blizzard in general and unless they get their shit together with WoW it's unlikely I'll go back.

The story is amazing and this comes from a guy that does not generally care about lore, etc.

Only personal RNG is if you craft and/or gather to get a proc of high quality. And even then crafting there is a system to get it to proc HQ more. Which then leaves the only RNG to gathering. But as Dragothica said gearing has a set progression in 14.
    Even savage and extreme primals have a token system. So if you have bad ass luck with drops/rolls you get books/totems from each you can turn in. Savage you only get one per week in each wing and primals you can farm to get all the weapons or just your base 10 totems to buy your preferred/MS weapon.

And nice thing is if down the line you want to put in on your PC you can get that version as well. We have a mate in our FC that has it on both cause he travels a lot for his work. He takes his PS4 with him when he is away and then has it on his PC while at home. If you ever do that down the line you can and also keep the cross bar on PC if you get really use to the controller.