Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

A subscription should mean that the gaming experience is top-notch in all aspects.

Buying the expansions + paying the subscription is already very expensive for a game. A game this expensive should be quite excellent in all conceivable aspects. The fact that they also have various paid services + cash shop cosmetics like a f2p game is a huge revenue boost for them.

And yet, I the quality of this game surely does not justify the subscription.

EVEN IF you enjoy the game in the appalling state it's been in for years, there are some universally unacceptable issues.

The lag, the disconnections, server crashes and restarts, the AH being incredibly slow, there's a default delay of 130+ ms on all outdoor zones etc... they've been going on for weeks. Blizzard blames the customers instead of trying to fix the problem, and anyone who loses anything because of the disconnects is shit out of luck.

Another glaring issue are the bugs. This latest patch still has a myriad of bugs week after release. How is this acceptable?

Combine all these with a major patch that has barely enough content to last a month, much less the many months that it will be till Shadowlands, I can honestly say there are F2P games out there who put out better content, more content, less buggy content, and with servers that actually allow you to play that content.
    Last edited by ano2024; 2020-02-13 at 10:41 AM.

Sad part is you aren't wrong with the F2P remark.

And of course Blizzard blame the consumers for their own failure. Easy deflection and scapegoat sadly. I mean look at how they slyly blamed the players for the dumpster fire that is Warcraft 3 Reforged.

I've just given up myself. 8.3 was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Just recently bought FF14 for PS4 so I'll see how that goes since people are telling me it's a great MMO but I've been playing ESO for a good 2-3 years now and it's just a far superior experience imo.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-13 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Then don't pay and stop playing, since apparently the game has been in an appalling state for years.

A subscription shouldn't mean the gaming experience is top-notch, but it actually means that if you don't like it, you can stop paying because you consider the service isn't
    worth what you're paying for. I know, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Sad part is you aren't wrong with the F2P remark.

And of course Blizzard blame the consumers for their own failure. Easy deflection and scapegoat sadly. I mean look at how they slyly blamed the players for the dumpster fire that is Warcraft 3 Reforged.

I've just given up myself. 8.3 was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Just recently bought FF14 for PS4 so I'll see how that goes since people are telling me it's a great MMO but I've been playing ESO for a good 2-3 years now and it's just a far superior experience imo.
    It's funny how ESO can provide a decent experience without charging for a mandatory subscription. They do have a sub but it's optional, and yet WoW can't make things work with a sub +expac + cash shop.

Raiding game --->0 bug raiding for the 99.999%--->Subscription justified.

No one cares about your trolling account opinion or if your world quests bug out once every other moon.

Yeah, the lag qq i can accept, no excuse for that, fuck them.

All F2P games are a pile of shit.

Raiding wise, maybe Rift did okay for 2-3 years , despite remembering major major bugs in every single boss it was a good experience, after the first tier and Wildstar for a few months, there is no other game that can even be mentioned with how buggy or shit they all are, or "hurr durr, FFVIX raiding" or "GW2 raiding".

Stop playing a raiding game if you aint raiding as a priority, free 13e to blizzard player.

Just go Korean style, we only pay for the subscription. We don't have to buy expansions.

Well no, that's wrong. A subscription means that the experience is worth the cost.

In some (rare) cases, F2P games put out better quality content, but in most of the cases they just put out more content - quality be damned. And that's just assuming they aren't P2W or pay to progress much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can honestly say there are F2P games out there who put out better content, more content, less buggy content, and with servers that actually allow you to play that content.
    Then perhaps you should give those games a try...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Buying the expansions + paying the subscription is already very expensive for a game. A game this expensive should be quite excellent in all conceivable aspects. The fact that they also have various paid services + cash shop cosmetics like a f2p game is a huge revenue boost for them.

If you feel that is what the subscription should pay for and it doesn't, you should stop paying. In reality, the subscription pays for maintenance, server costs, data, power, etc. but again, if you feel it should pay for something else and it doesn't, stop paying.

The lag, the disconnections, server crashes and restarts, the AH being incredibly slow, there's a default delay of 130+ ms on all outdoor zones etc... they've been going on for weeks. Blizzard blames the customers instead of trying to fix the problem, and anyone who loses anything because of the disconnects is shit out of luck.
    I can't testify for the past for weeks (haven't played for a while), but I've not had these issues before and I highly doubt this is really happening on a larger scale. Also, how do you lose something due to disconnects? If that is even possible, I'm sure customer support will help you out.

Another glaring issue are the bugs. This latest patch still has a myriad of bugs week after release. How is this acceptable?
    Bugs happen. Always. And they're not always easy to identify and when they are identified, they're often not easy to fix. Doesn't matter how much money you throw at it, software has bugs.

Combine all these with a major patch that has barely enough content to last a month, much less the many months that it will be till Shadowlands, I can honestly say there are F2P games out there who put out better content, more content, less buggy content, and with servers that actually allow you to play that content.
    I disagree, but just to say it again: QUIT PAYING IF YOU FEEL IT'S NOT WORTH IT! The fact you pay money, doesn't mean you get a flawless, perfect experience tailored specifically to you (because lets face it, plenty of people feel there's plenty of content, it's just content you probably don't like/play).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how ESO can provide a decent experience without charging for a mandatory subscription. They do have a sub but it's optional, and yet WoW can't make things work with a sub +expac + cash shop.
    Then go there... nothing is stopping you.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Aye it really is just insanely surprising.

I remember the WoW devs once said that a subscription ensures a consistent quality or whatever. It's £10 a month over here and the fact I get more objective quality out of a B2P game says a fucking lot.

where are you? Cause i've had no lag outside of DDOS attacks against blizz, no DC's, have not experienced any major bugs in 8.3 (though I'm casual and don't do dailies every day and only run LFR so maybe that's why?). If you don't feel you are getting good value for your money stop. for 15.00 a month all I need is like 2-3 hours of enjoyment per month to make it worth it to me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Small indie dev, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    Then don't pay and stop playing, since apparently the game has been in an appalling state for years.

A subscription shouldn't mean the gaming experience is top-notch, but it actually means that if you don't like it, you can stop paying because you consider the service isn't
    worth what you're paying for. I know, weird.
    I pay for my sub with gold that I made in WoD an playing the AH. I’m not paying, I don’t think it’s worth it and I agree with the OP. When a game like ESO can function without a mandatory sub, it does question how much of our sub goes back into the product.

Going by your stupid logic, we all should stop playing and never provide feedback, because apparently providing feedback means we don’t want to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying the expansions + paying the subscription is already *snip because not worth the quote*
    "My problems are surely everyone's problems!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I pay for my sub with gold that I made in WoD an playing the AH. I’m not paying, I don’t think it’s worth it and I agree with the OP. When a game like ESO can function without a mandatory sub, it does question how much of our sub goes back into the product.

Going by your stupid logic, we all should stop playing and never provide feedback, because apparently providing feedback means we don’t want to play
    No, you see, we should shut up and pay Blizzard their money or leave the game altogether (which, luckily, millions of people have over the years).

Does make you wonder how many subs WoW even has these days.

I'd say defo less than 500k.

So go provide feedback then? It's not here though.

Don't like the game? Stop playing, unsub.

Don't want to pay? Stop paying, unsub.

Want to play, aren't happy about the game? Unsub, go and voice your concerns to blizzard because it isn't on this fan site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Does make you wonder how many subs WoW even has these days.

I'd say defo less than 500k.
    Right now, after the 6 month mount scam and the new patch? Yeah, probably ~500k. Give it a few months though and that number will halve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, after the 6 month mount scam and the new patch? Yeah, probably ~500k. Give it a few months though and that number will halve.
    All this hatred and bile for a game you clearly hate... Why do you still give your money to a company you hate so much?