Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Then unsub and STFU.
    How about you "STFU" and let people talk about what they want instead of blindly defending a company that bootlicks the chinese government.

Pathetic. Blocked.

World of Warcraft is in a state called: ''The least amount of investment with the highest possible amount of profit.'' and with Activision's involvement it will only get worse and worse. In recent times, receiving quality for a subscription based product has way less meanig than in the past.

As a side-note, we shouldn't make WoW more than it is. It's a product provided by a proffitting cash-grabbing company. This is nothing new in the company industry. A company wants to make as much profit as possible, and let's face it, WoW is just one more product on the market. They don't really care for it as much as the players do as long they're making profit from it.

Take a loot at Apple. They're shitting all over their buyers for quiet some time by giving less and less for more and more. People still buy it and the company is making profit. I know it upsets a lot of people that WoW has turned from a product of passion for gamers to a cash-cow managed by top tier businessmen. But unfortunately that's how things are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an opinion on this matter.

I'm firmly of the belief that World of Warcraft, on the whole, is a great game. However, given the total cost (monthly sub, plus new expansions), plus the in-game store revenue, I believe we're being more than a little low balled by Actiblizz. The amount of money WoW generates annually should be more than enough to justify the development budget required to ensure that releases are as bug free as is reasonably practicable across the WoW portfolio. Things like network lag and the like are, for the most part, outside of their control, but product quality definitely isn't.

Then we have alpha/beta test feedback. I've been actively involved with each beta phase since MoP, and I can honestly say that the player feedback during these phases has been ignored wholesale. Lets not forget that these test phases aren't just about eliminating bugs; They're also about testing the gameplay mechanics too. If the player test feedback had been taken onboard, there would be considerably less "whinge posts" on the forums about broken classes and lack-luster gameplay systems that fall wide of the mark.

All in all, we, as the customers propping up this game for the last 15+ years, are deserving of a product of the highest quality, and for BfA, that isn't what we've been given in return for our hard earned cash.

500k subs huh?
    that's weird.

FFXIV has over 1M I believe.
    Wow has
    -Higher search trends
    -higher youtube view counts
    -higher twitch counts
    -more reddit activity

All these point to bigger game, yet has the less than half the subs huh.
    Or maybe some people here are just stupid.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I think the best thing all the gaming industry experts here can do is write down how they run their own massively popular MMO and send that info to Blizzard/Activision. Then all will be fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    How about you "STFU" and let people talk about what they want instead of blindly defending a company that bootlicks the chinese government.

Pathetic. Blocked.
    Why are you subbed then?

10+ Year Old Account

Pathetic. Blocked.
    One would think that throwing your money at Blizzard like you and a great many of you angst-filled haters are doing would more than qualify as 'defending a company that bootlicks the chinese'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    I have an opinion on this matter.

I'm firmly of the belief that World of Warcraft, on the whole, is a great game. However, given the total cost (monthly sub, plus new expansions), plus the in-game store revenue, I believe we're being more than a little low balled by Actiblizz. The amount of money WoW generates annually should be more than enough to justify the development budget required to ensure that releases are as bug free as is reasonably practicable across the WoW portfolio. Things like network lag and the like are, for the most part, outside of their control, but product quality definitely isn't.

Then we have alpha/beta test feedback. I've been actively involved with each beta phase since MoP, and I can honestly say that the player feedback during these phases has been ignored wholesale. Lets not forget that these test phases aren't just about eliminating bugs; They're also about testing the gameplay mechanics too. If the player test feedback had been taken onboard, there would be considerably less "whinge posts" on the forums about broken classes and lack-luster gameplay systems that fall wide of the mark.

All in all, we, as the customers propping up this game for the last 15+ years, are deserving of a product of the highest quality, and for BfA, that isn't what we've been given in return for our hard earned cash.
    I can agree that WoW is probably not at a high point in it's lifecycle (but also not wod lmao).

However if you try to think objectively about it, it's really easy to determine if the game is worth it for one self or not.

For the amount of hours/entertainment i get out of this game there is nothing better yet and that is why i stick with it, if for example i would try to jump from AAA-game to another for 60~Bucks that would be a lot more expensive very quick.

I mean, not every game is a Witcher3 there and if you take the well received SW single player as an example: you only get like 25-30 hours out of that if you don't do something special with it or rerun it 3+ times.

As for technical stuff and "smoothness" WoW is still pretty great apart from patchdays (duh).
    So yeah... OP is a bit hyperbole.

Seriously are these defenders crawling out the woodwork or something. Blocked.
    God forbid someone states actual facts that contradict nonsensical statements.
    Acc created Feb 2020. Probably just spamming the same old narrative. I've you can't get over the fact that you no longer enjoy or want to play WoW just say it out straight instead of having to remind everybody else that your opinion is the only valid one.

According to other metrics and official statements the overal sub count should be over 6 million.

Pathetic. Blocked.
    Can you elaborate a bit on how a "Healthy Suggestion" to not play a game you dont like is defending said game? Maybe he stopped playing and feels better now that he doesnt need to pay 10 somwhat Dollars/Euros a month for something he doesnt enjoy?

If eveyrone would stop Playing WoW, it would show how bad WoW Actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I can, honest to God, say that in all the years I've played WoW I've never experienced a single bug. Seems to me if you don't go looking for exploits, bugs and glitches the game is just fine.
    Dude...then you have never played wow. 8.3 alone had massive bugs - The AH didnt work properly, gold was eaten for weeks and corruption effects on gear was broken. And thats just 1 patch...I could mention probably 10 big issues in just BFA...but see recent hotfixes or patch notes.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Don't think I've experienced lag on WoW since WoD. Maybe they are right about it being a customer or ISP issue beyond their control?

Edit: Outside of DDoS attacks. I can recall a few of those occurring but outside of them I can't remember any lag issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    I can honestly say there are F2P games out there who put out better content, more content, less buggy content, and with servers that actually allow you to play that content.
    Feel free to list a F2P MMO that is across-the-board better than WoW. Not to sound like a shill, because I'm far from it... just want to know what's out there that qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    If eveyrone would stop Playing WoW, it would show how bad WoW Actually is.
    Hmm. By that logic: Since everyone has not stopped playing WoW, perhaps it really isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You aren’t entirely wrong, it’s the only pay sub mmo that has a cash shop. The others are f2p or b2p, and this justify the cash shops existence.

The thing that irks me about wow performance is that it gets worse, not better, with age. Sure it looks prettier and the raids are flashy, but it can’t hold 500 people in the same city like it could be in the earlier days of wow (sure it would lag but I mean, come on)

I don’t know why the games performance more rivals swtor than vanilla wow, I really don’t. We should be able to hold more people in 2020, not less than ever cuz if graphical increases holding the game experience back
    FFXIV.

10chars
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

What a subscription actually means (or rather, what paying for one means) is that you value the subscription more than the $15 (or whatever the amount) you pay for your subscription. That includes people paying gold; they value the subsciption more than the gold.

Now, you are perfectly free to describe a standard for what you expect for your $15, but you shoudn't expect people to agree with you.

I mean WoW is already P2W with the token among overpriced services so y'know......
    just right now for infinite stars and such for people with millions of gold. So yes. If i want to pay 300€ for one piece of armor it is pay to win. But don't overblow the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    just right now for infinite stars and such for people with millions of gold. So yes. If i want to pay 300€ for one piece of armor it is pay to win. But don't overblow the problem.
    I'm not. Pay to win is pay to win regardless of the cost. Stop defending it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This appears to be a "WoW is Dying/Dead" type thread, which generally don't do much to promote constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead