Paying for a carry > being in a group?

Hi all,

Just got into classic and have a 33 horde mage. So far I've done a mix of quests and aoe but on my server Arugal the popular and less difficult aoe spots are often packed full of the same people day in day out. So I'm there getting a bit sick of it and decide I'll go do a dungeon I remember fondly (Started playing at the end of BC) Scarlet Monastery. So I hop onto LFG channel and look to see if anyone is running a group...nope, okay so I try to make my own and post LFM etc etc, not a soul. So I head over to SM hoping to find more luck in the SM chat but only to find person after person of the appropriate level bracket looking to buy carries, never the less I post looking for more but continue to get nothing for a solid hour, I even try to create something I saw suggested in a guide which is to make a group of 3 mages, 1 warlock and 1 healer which I thought would surely work because a sizeable amount of /who were a variation of those classes, still nothing.

Needless to say I just logged out and haven't played since, there doesn't seem to be much of this so called community that classic wow was allegedly brimming with. Where's the sense of adventure. I must be missing something surely.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're leveling at a time when most of the other people leveling are now T2 geared raiders working on bringing up alts as fast as they can. It also sounds like your server isn't very high pop (I didn't check Arugal's stats).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

5+ Year Old Account
    People used to spam run dungeons a lot. But by now most people have at least 2 lvl 60 characters, with raid gear. So now boosts are the fastest way to level. And mostly everyone does it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join a guild.

Also, are you playing at peak or off times?