Poll: Will we, the players, have any say in the matter?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

TBC 2: Crusade Harder • Do you think Blizzard will run a user poll?

I'm seeing a lot of people in favor of, and against, a TBC-servers release to follow up on Classic.
    I'm personally not invested in either option, but what I am interested in is the decisionmaking progress for Blizzard.

Do you think they will run a poll to gauge interest?
    Do you think it will be up to the players to decide whether or not it's gonna happen?
    Or will Blizzard simply run the effort/reward potential calculations and let The Algorithm™ decide?
    And if they DO run a poll, do you think the userbase of MMO-champion will be the majority of people voting on it?
    Or will it be a far larger group of people with potentially surprising results?

Looking marvelous in velvet.

Re-releaseing tbc with the tuning of the last patch will be just as big a disaster for the pve content that wow classic has been.

The nerfs to content that came in several waves over the patches and buffs to classes that came out during tbc was enourmous.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should have made the poll clearer.

They should not follow the same strategy. The content will be burned through like a mobile game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Re-releaseing tbc with the tuning of the last patch will be just as big a disaster for the pve content that wow classic has been.

The nerfs to content that came in several waves over the patches and buffs to classes that came out during tbc was enourmous.
    Indeed, sadly we will have to rely on the streamers to get this point across. I don't think Blizz read any forums or communicate with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapower View Post
    They should not follow the same strategy. The content will be burned through like a mobile game.
    Even if we do get pre nerf, it will still be steamrolled.

Holy shit... how about making normal poll? You complicated it too much.

Blizz said launching a TBC server would be easier than launching Classic (likely because they have server / DB backups of it) and considering how wildly successful Classic has been, releasing "Classic: TBC" would be a no-brainer.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that "pre-nerf", less than 5% of the playerbase cleared most TBC content, right? Most of sunwell was nigh-unkillable before nerfs, with everyone's favorite M'uru being a guildbreaker due to how retardedly overtuned it was.

"nerfs" aren't a bad thing when the content is still hard afterward, which is very much the case with TBC.

Also how has Classic been a "big disaster?" Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's a "disaster".

I take it you're referring to the WotlK pre-patch nerf that reduced all raid bosses hp by 30%?

I don't believe that will make it to release however as others have pointed out anything pre-sunwell will get steamrolled, sunwell itself being very likely to get cleared on the first day anyway by top guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I don't think Blizz read any forums or communicate with fans.
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/category/182-classic/

Then what are these? rofl

you trolls are fuckin' hilarious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    I take it you're referring to the WotlK pre-patch nerf that reduced all raid bosses hp by 30%?

I don't believe that will make it to release however as others have pointed out anything pre-sunwell will get steamrolled, sunwell itself being very likely to get cleared on the first day anyway by top guilds.
    And """top guilds""" are <1% of the playerbase.

Why do we get all whiny and cry that things are too easy when only <1% of the playerbase is clearing things quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Indeed, sadly we will have to rely on the streamers to get this point across. I don't think Blizz read any forums or communicate with fans.

Even if we do get pre nerf, it will still be steamrolled.
    Yeah, possibly. then why dont they remake the retail into something less unappealing... I mean come on Shadowlands seems so stupid and unrelated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapower View Post
    Yeah, possibly. then why dont they remake the retail into something less unappealing... I mean come on Shadowlands seems so stupid and unrelated.
    I would hope this is what we all want, retail to actually be good again. Hopefully the popularity of Classic will help with this.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC: I'd strongly want to see boss damage and health increased by 10% falling by 1% a week until it reaches its original level. Also trash damage and health increased by 5% falling weekly like the bosses. The no changes brigade want a thriving community and what this does is buff the duration of it lasting. This is what I strongly wanted to have had done in classic. The power of the no changes advocates possibly prevented the developers from doing what I suggested or a form of it. It is important not to take my example as an exact way it could be done but to take the concept. Classic released using the 1.12 patch and all the changes that had come along the way making end game a joke also only compounded the (joke) ease of end game. TBC: Would not need to be launched in its final patch similar to how classic was and this also would help.
    A lot of my guild are super motivated to go back to TBC if it came out buffed but not without. We are mostly into challenge however we are not everyone.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Should have made the poll clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Holy shit... how about making normal poll? You complicated it too much.
    You kids are no fun, you know that?

Option 1: Yes, they will poll.
    Option 2: No Poll, it will happen regardless.
    Option 3: No Poll, no one knows.
    Option 4: No Poll, it won't happen regardless.
    Option 5: No poll, but yes for gauging interest in another fashion.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I would want them to release a Classic TBC like how it was released back in the day. Patch by patch so the raids aren't hella nerfed from the start.

You dont want TBC servers the way they're gonna come out.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You kids are no fun, you know that?

Option 1: Yes, they will poll.
    Option 2: No Poll, it will happen regardless.
    Option 3: No Poll, no one knows.
    Option 4: No Poll, it won't happen regardless.
    Option 5: No poll, but yes for gauging interest in another fashion.
    If it makes you feel any better, I thoroughly enjoyed this "shitpoll" from top to bottom.

TBC 2: Crusade Harder and the discus had me giggling.

Don't really understand what is it exactly that you're saying in the poll or the post.

Classes being how they were in 2.4 is ok. Bosses and all other things on the other hand should follow how they were, i.e. Solarian having the original spells for a while.
    Item can go either way, healing items having the 33% bonus damage wouldn't be a bad choice but then it's becoming arbitrarily picking and excluding class changes.

Classic was a much different beast since at launch some classes were entirely bad in all specs and even in 1.12 there are many useless specs.

Now, making bosses in TBC harder than they were ... that's a definite No lol. Unnerfed Kael and Vashj will provide a challenge on their own to most of the guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wake me when WotLK is here...

My tinfoil hat theory has always been they never had the Classic client "in some drawer on a flashdrive" like they have claimed, but when they had the meeting with the Nos guys, they asked for the source code and have just tried their best to recreate it without the changes private servers have added. Hence the whole fireball change mechanic on Onyxia. It was "bugged" where it would lower the person who was lower on the threat list's threat over the target.

So if they did BC, it would probably be the same. They probably don't have a bunch of backup clients for every single patch and would just do the same as Classic. Doubt they would ever do a progressive patch server. At least for until maybe after Wrath when people started to really demand a Vanilla server?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of people in favor of, and against, a TBC-servers release to follow up on Classic.
    I'm personally not invested in either option, but what I am interested in is the decisionmaking progress for Blizzard.

Do you think they will run a poll to gauge interest?
    Do you think it will be up to the players to decide whether or not it's gonna happen?
    Or will Blizzard simply run the effort/reward potential calculations and let The Algorithm™ decide?
    And if they DO run a poll, do you think the userbase of MMO-champion will be the majority of people voting on it?
    Or will it be a far larger group of people with potentially surprising results?

If there's a poll it should IN-GAME. The forum population is microscopic and not representative of the game in general, people could easily miss it.

At this point in time I'm expecting TBC classic to open because it's a "safe bet" for blizzard and gives them time to better assess the longterm viability of creating new classic content or not. If there's smoe classic+ stuff happening it's gonna be after TBC.