Spoiler - So Reno Jackson....

So if you are playing the Hearthstone adventure you already saw that Reno Jackson is actually a dragon called Renogos, will we see that in World of Warcraft? I think it's time for another dragon expansion.

I have no clue who Reno Jackson is.

But I'll take anything that'll lead to Blizzard updating dragon models in the game. Dragons, Gnolls, Vanilla skyboxes, they need to get on updating those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone lore is... sliiiightly detached from its source world, iirc. It's fun to see them in Uldum/Mechagon, for sure. But to take all hearthstone stuff as canonical for the Azeroth universe, eh.. I don't know. Did a random Ethereal really use a Plague of Uldum to resurrect Galakrond without any of us noticing?

Or was it just happening in a "fictional" card game, a card game that exists inside the world of Azeroth?

Fiction within fiction.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

No. What happens in Hearthstone does not dictate what happens in World of Warcraft.

There are numerous examples of this: Ragnaros, Lightlord; Death Knight hero cards; just look at the collection, I guess.

I mean is he evil in the adventure? The dragons are at a wierd spot right now due to their new mortality. And the Blue flight is under control

7+ Year Old Account
    the tortolans did appear first in hearthstone no? so its not that absurd to think they will put him ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I have no clue who Reno Jackson is.

But I'll take anything that'll lead to Blizzard updating dragon models in the game. Dragons, Gnolls, Vanilla skyboxes, they need to get on updating those.
    Reno Jackson is a member of the Explorers League. (remember that northern section of Ironforge Hall of Explorers?). If you've played BfA, and did the Mechagon stuff in 8.2, the Explorers League became one of the rotating Quest givers, and would appear in the Quest hub on certain days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I mean is he evil in the adventure? The dragons are at a wierd spot right now due to their new mortality. And the Blue flight is under control
    nope, member of the League of Explorers, and a Hero, and as I've stated if you've done Mechagon in 8.2 appears with the explorers league as quest givers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Reno Jackson is a member of the Explorers League. (remember that northern section of Ironforge Hall of Explorers?). If you've played BfA, and did the Mechagon stuff in 8.2, the Explorers League became one of the rotating Quest givers, and would appear in the Quest hub on certain days.
    Sir Finley Mrrgglton was also a Hearthstone original and he was a quest giver/world quest person in Stormheim.

Hearthstone has never been canon, it's fictional game in the warcraft universe.

Was Reno Jackson the guy with the cowboy hat and thick mustache? I haven't played Hearthstone since the release of the Lich King patch, which I believe was some time during Legion.

I don't think WoW could handle a chin like that. His in-game model just doesn't match up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hearthstone lore is not canon

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the tortolans did appear first in hearthstone no? so its not that absurd to think they will put him ingame
    Yes and they arnt the only thing that became canon from hearthstone. Sir Finley was added in Legion. Along with Reno and Elise in BFA and the Fungal(the little mushroom dudes). These are just some examples that i can remember off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    He's the somehow even more Indiana Jonesy Indiana Jones than Harrison Jones, yes.
    Ah yes, I remember him! I wouldn't mind him becoming a WoW NPC, especially if he's a blue dragon.

If this makes into World of Warcraft canon, hoooo boy, that'll be fun

Edit: Brann;"So Reno is a dragon, somehow the most normal thing that has happened today"
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Ah yes, I remember him! I wouldn't mind him becoming a WoW NPC, especially if he's a blue dragon.
    He's in Mechagon, he doesn't do much but he's there

Edit: currently no indication of being a dragon though, but we've seen dragons infiltrate societies before, they were all Black dragons but my point still stands
    Last edited by Psykho; 2020-02-13 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Hearthstone lore is... sliiiightly detached from its source world, iirc. It's fun to see them in Uldum/Mechagon, for sure. But to take all hearthstone stuff as canonical for the Azeroth universe, eh.. I don't know. Did a random Ethereal really use a Plague of Uldum to resurrect Galakrond without any of us noticing?
    Oh, no no no no. Hearthstone is 100% canon to WoW. It is! It really, really is!

7+ Year Old Account
    Some things appearing in Hearthstone can become canon (N'zoth's appearance, Tortollans, etc) but not all of them for obvious reasons

They shouldn't be considered truly canon unless they appear in game. That's when they become part of WoW canon
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Was Reno Jackson the guy with the cowboy hat and thick mustache? I haven't played Hearthstone since the release of the Lich King patch, which I believe was some time during Legion.
    Yes, yes he is.