Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u seriously don't consider wod ending enough?
    even i as horde i wanted Yrel to shove that axe in his face, he gets away free from all his crimes because he sucked player character d8ck in the 6.2 trailer ?
    i mean, it was bad, but if are going to put in the list for any slide we can pretty much put all wow character in the list

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Not bad, but Illidan deserves a spot after his legion performance

Edit for tyrande after her bfa bullshit.
    Her BfA bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's 2020 and people still think it was Malfurion, and not Xavius, yelling all those cringe things during that quest. What a time to be alive.
    I acknowledge that as the most likely scenario and still think most of Tyrande's performance was eye-rolling and we know it was the real him when he was taunting Xavius after easily getting his ass kicked by his shade throughout the dungeon. Damsel in Distress Malfurion is 100% canon and just as silly as Nightmare Illusion Malfurion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Addie fizzlebog!!!!!
    Little known fact, she poses and makes faces when you take out a S.E.L.F.I.E. camera around her.

I was too charmed by that to cringe. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Addie_Fizzlebog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    What's not to like about the mysterious "changeling" Human bound to the Emerald Dream for reasons unknown, acting as a living MacGuffin and walking plot contrivance with abilities that master Druids and Green Dragons don't even have?
    I had never heard of this guy before this thread but there we have it, my #5.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Like even with the "Ooooo it was Xavius pulling the strings, mimicking Malfurion all alooooong" argument I'm shocked the devs/writers looked at that and thought "Yeah this definitely isn't utterly ridiculous, will be memed, and cause players to never be able to take these characters seriously ever again"
    I mean, the Terror of Darkshore cinematic did a lot for redeeming Malfurion in my eyes, especially considering Val'sharah is the odd man out here, so-to-speak. Seeing him go full slasher flick for a change was cathartic.

On-topic: While using 'cringe' as an... adjective?... makes my sphincter clench, here's my five most aggrivating/annoying/groan-inducing characters.

1. Sylvanas Windrunner and Nathanos Blightcaller (tie). God-mode characters aren't interesting. Superman works because his superpowers are juxtaposed against his very human struggles where his powers are less important than his mind and heart. Dr. Manhattan worked because his sociopathic detachment from everything created personal conflict for himself, which audience-surrogate Silk Spectre II helped resolve by helping him reconnect with his humanity. When a god-mode character spends all their time strutting and swaggering about, never suffering meaningful setbacks (and when what should be meaningful setbacks are immediately negated by having their plans go off without a hitch regardless), and there is no humanizing conflict to balance out their god-tier powers, they rob the narrative of tension and drama. You know they're going to succeed so it becomes pointless to care about how/why.

2. Y'rel. The Iron Horde spent all of WoD, barring a few last questlines at the very end and a couple cinematics, engaged in an active genocide. They sought to purge the draenei from the map in about as textbook a genocide as such things get. The Iron Horde and draenei were forced to work together for mutual survival when most of the Iron Horde joined Gul'dan and drank the demon blood, and spent some time afterwards working together to rid Draenor of demons lest another invasion take place. Through all this, Y'rel progressed from a scared priestess to a messianic archetype--not a problem in and of itself, though she was a bit too vocal in praising the players who largely stayed holed up in their bases.

But when the time came that the draenei turned on the mag'har, rather than painting it out as the draenei (justifiably) getting their pound of flesh now that more pressing matters had been addressed, instead the draenei had become maddened religious zealots forcibly converting the mag'har to the Light and waging war on them. I hate Y'rel because she represents a goldmine of lost opportunity for the sake of making the mag'har, possibly the most morally myopic playable race so far (or at least a strong runner-up behind the Forsaken, Kul'tirans, and void elves), into put-upon victims who didn't deserve being shoved into the grave they'd dug themselves.

3. Galen Trollbane. He sucks at pretty much everything he does. He single-handedly caused the decline of Stromgarde as a kingdom through his rampant incompetence, and later exhibited a stunning talent for poorly-timed betrayal not only of the Forsaken but also of the Ebon Blade (whom he had apparently struck a deal with at some point). Fittingly, it also turns out he killed one of my favorite Second War characters, Thoras Trollbane.

4. Vereesa Windrunner. Prior to Wrath of the Lich King, her entire purpose for existing was to give Richard A. Knaak's self-insert protagonist a Windrunner to rescue and shag. After, her only purpose in the plot is to carp on at every turn about how much she loves her kids and how much blood elves suck. During the Purge of Dalaran, she took orders to incarcerate Sunreavers as carte blanche to go on a killing spree, and got away with it scott-free--not even a dressing-down from her allies like Varian gave Jaina. Her relationship status went from 'Rhonin's arm candy' to 'Jaina's viciously codependent second-in-command, who Jaina engaged in a constant negative spiral with while they worked together' for the duration of Mists of Pandaria, and nowadays she mostly exists to be her better-written older sister's hype man. Not once since her introduction as a character has she existed as anything more than another character's accessory.

5. Med'an. Sincerely, fuck this guy and the awfully-written comic that birthed him. I don't care how much fun the Varian arc was (at least until the shitty Onyxia fight), how much I like Broll and Valeera, or how cool Meryl is. The best lore decision the writers made in a long time was to completely write Med'an out with no plans to bring him back. I hope we find him in the Shadowlands being kicked in the testicles.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-02-14 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    1. Illidan
    2. Sylvanas
    3. Grom
    4. Med’an
    5. Anduin
    Grom is one of the most strong-willed and not submissive characters in Warcraft universe, how terrible his version of AU would not be, even there he is strong-willed and was not broken by a demon. Med'an is not canonical already. Sylvanas - I agree in general, constantly concludes some kind of treaties exclusively for personal purposes. Illidan - initially he was like Sylvanas now, but Illidan now thinks not only about himself, and he did not succumb to Light in the Legion.
    I would include Gul'dan or Gallywix or both))

Baine
    Anduin
    Voljin
    Valeera
    Alleria aka Blueberry Elf
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

I don't need top 5:

1. All of the Windrunner sisters

turalyon.
    being characterized as the ultimate suprematist in w2 and still being considered a goody 2 shoes in legion for the horde is just too much.
    i can even pass the other 4 with him

1) Any Void Elf
    2) Nathanos
    3) Golden's Jaina
    4) Vereesa
    5) Tyrande

1. Illidan 2. Tyrande/Malfurion 3. Varian 4. Kalecgos 5. Vereesa/Valeera
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    CHAMPION!!!!

Alright fine we've got a fourth.
    Oh god jesus I spat out my drink
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

1) Vereesa Windrunner
    2) Vereesa Windrunner (I really, really hate that character^^)
    3) Wrathion (although I can bear him at the moment, he's still unnecessary and stupid)
    4) Lucan Foxblood (now that Aucald reminded me of him )
    5) Me'dan

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    The cringe appears when you figure out the great scheme. She is just made here to make Forsaken become carbon copies of Stormwind humans. Her being the only lightforged undead, although the Light could have resurrected Uther, Tyrion and so on, is also irritating.

What makes Baine rational? His entire political doctrine is to sacrifice everything to save Alliance lifes. He would kill Cairne if it could help Garithos.

If people hate Azshara for allying with Legion, why is Baine acceptable? Both of them treat their people as expendable resources for their own goals.
    That's mellow dramatic and extremely exaggerated.
    Sylvanas wanted to kill everyone on the horde, Baine wanted to free the horde and stop the pointless war with the alliance, and he killed a few Sylvanas aligned horde in the process. Would you prefer being a corpse?

You compared Azshara being allied to the Legion (two chaotic evil organizations, bent on destroying everything) with Baine's resistance helping the alliance stop the war (who are both good).
    Your comparison itself is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    That's mellow dramatic and extremely exaggerated.
    Sylvanas wanted to kill everyone on the horde, Baine wanted to free the horde and stop the pointless war with the alliance, and he killed a few Sylvanas aligned horde in the process. Would you prefer being a corpse?

You compared Azshara being allied to the Legion (two chaotic evil organizations, bent on destroying everything) with Baine's resistance helping the alliance stop the war (who are both good).
    Your comparison itself is absurd.
    You are looking from wrong perspective. The fact that Sylvanas had her secret agenda doesn't make Baine right. He wasn't aware of her plans. If we can go this way, genocide on Draenei was right because AU Yrel is mad. And yes, I would prefer being a corpse to having to apologise for Teldrassil.

Azshara allied with Legion which happened to be right on the end. But of course, that means nothing to our discussion and to Azshara herself. She didn't care about anything but her marital status but neither did Baine. Alliance is too evil organisation, as we can see by acts of violence commited against orcs, undead, blood elves and, of course, goblins. What makes Genn better than Sylvanas' official image?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

1 - Nathanos
    2 - Aggra
    3 - pretty much everyone else, they're all cringy
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    You are looking from wrong perspective. The fact that Sylvanas had her secret agenda doesn't make Baine right. He wasn't aware of her plans. If we can go this way, genocide on Draenei was right because AU Yrel is mad. And yes, I would prefer being a corpse to having to apologise for Teldrassil.

Azshara allied with Legion which happened to be right on the end. But of course, that means nothing to our discussion and to Azshara herself. She didn't care about anything but her marital status but neither did Baine. Alliance is too evil organisation, as we can see by acts of violence commited against orcs, undead, blood elves and, of course, goblins. What makes Genn better than Sylvanas' official image?
    The alliance are good this expansion.
    What acts of violence are you referring to?

I get being a fan of your faction but you're spewing nonsense.

Wait... after like... 10 years are people STILL bothered by Pandaren? I mean... let it go. It's not Lord of the Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    How can you not have Nathanos on that list
    Maybe he's not an incel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    1. Sylvanas
    2. Nathanos
    3. Tyrande
    4. Malfurion
    5. Baine

I will say this though, Nathanos wouldn't actually be so bad if he wasn't associated with Sylvanas. I don't mind characters with attitude that don't kiss the hero's ass all the time, but since he's a clear Dausner self-insert, he makes the list. If he wasn't associated with Sylvanas, he would only be mildly annoying now and then like Bwonsamdi, but even Bwonsamdi is decently written despite annoying me sometimes.

Did I spell Bwonsamdi right?
    lol, the fun fact is that before someone stalked his twitter account and warped his inside-jokes nobody though this, not even after reading his novel about nathanos

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Grom is the top there. He was absolutely destroyed by the WoD ending.
    Agree on the pandas.

Illidan is not.

Med'an is not even WoW character.
    WoD ending didn't destroy him so much as it destroyed literally every other NPC for forgetting the whole genocide thing