Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineman24 View Post
    You may say what you want (also I don't think that arguing with person who have "Alleria fan" in his signature is a good idea but ok), but this just ruins my suspension of disbelief. Elves always considered to be wise race, much wiser than humans. And then she, who should actually forget and let go her past (clearly because she didn't knew for sure that she could come back) returns and starts reminding everyone about her old wounds. Doesn't sound too wise to me.
    Actually I was pretty hyped when their comeback was announced, but I expected to see kinda "above your little squabbling" type of characters and not the same characters which they were in WC 2.
    So wiser than humans that they held a grudge against the Amani for 4.000 years, against trolls for more than 10.000 years if you go all the way back to Queen Azshara's reign. And no, she doesn't "remind everyone about her old wounds", she just tells her closed ones that she refuses to rejoin Silvermoon or Sylvanas when they are now allied with the orcs who killed her brother and killed so many of her people.

Why should she let go of her animosity towards orcs after everything they did to her? Especially since she did not know Grommash freed them, so from her point of view they were still minions of the Legion. And she already managed to rise beyond her hatred anyway before Draenor was torn asunder, to the point that she is no longer blinded by the desire of just exterminating all of them. Also, as I proved earlier, she is an "above your little squabbling" type of character, since she was the only leader to suggest making a truce with Sylvanas to deal with the real threat, N'Zoth.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-14 at 10:05 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    So wiser than humans that they held a grudge against the Amani for 4.000 years, against trolls for more than 10.000 years if you go all the way back to Queen Azshara's reign. And no, she doesn't "remind everyone about her old wounds", she just tells her closed ones that she refuses to rejoin Silvermoon or Sylvanas when they are now allied with the orcs who killed her brother and killed so many of her people.

Why should she let go of her animosity towards orcs after everything they did to her? Especially since she did not know Grommash freed them, so from her point of view they were still minions of the Legion. And she already managed to rise beyond her hatred anyway before Draenor was torn asunder, to the point that she is no longer blinded by the desire of just exterminating all of them. Also, as I proved earlier, she is an "above your little squabbling" type of character, since she was the only leader to suggest making a truce with Sylvanas to deal with the real threat, N'Zoth.
    I don't think that we can understand each other and come to some sort of agreement because our conceptual vision of plot in WoW is too distant from each other.
    As for that 4k year hatred for Amani and 10k hatred for trolls in general, I can take this as argument but it still ruins my perception of high fantasy elf archetype (which Warcraft clearly is). I suppose Blizz just likes big numbers and don't write them with some logic behind.
    After everything they survived in witnessed in Nether I don't think they could stay the same. Horrors of Legion purges should harden them much more then they did. And after that 1k year of constant fighting with threat much more powerful and dangerous and horrific than any that she saw before, could she stay the same and live same elven life on Azeroth? I don't think so. And we don't even speak about Void influence.
    No, she is not "above your little squabbling" type, because she and Turalyon accepted rules of the game and choose to fight for Alliance. From my point of view, after such traumatic experience as they had, they should go away like Khadgar or take place of peacemakers. Peacemakers who better than everybody else understand meaningless of this war, Horde and Alliance and every other single conflict besides great war with the Void. I don't think that person who saw thousands and thousands dying children, parents, brothers and sisters for almost eternity (remember, she couldn't know that she'll come back) will still mourning his long lost brother in some pointless war long time ago. That's how human psychic works and we can't create another type of it because we're all humans.

This will be my last answer on Alleria topic because I think it's counterproductive and we are just wasting each other time. Nonetheless, have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Vineman24 View Post
    I don't think that we can understand each other and come to some sort of agreement because our conceptual vision of plot in WoW is too distant from each other.
    As for that 4k year hatred for Amani and 10k hatred for trolls in general, I can take this as argument but it still ruins my perception of high fantasy elf archetype (which Warcraft clearly is). I suppose Blizz just likes big numbers and don't write them with some logic behind.
    After everything they survived in witnessed in Nether I don't think they could stay the same. Horrors of Legion purges should harden them much more then they did. And after that 1k year of constant fighting with threat much more powerful and dangerous and horrific than any that she saw before, could she stay the same and live same elven life on Azeroth? I don't think so. And we don't even speak about Void influence.
    No, she is not "above your little squabbling" type, because she and Turalyon accepted rules of the game and choose to fight for Alliance. From my point of view, after such traumatic experience as they had, they should go away like Khadgar or take place of peacemakers. Peacemakers who better than everybody else understand meaningless of this war, Horde and Alliance and every other single conflict besides great war with the Void. I don't think that person who saw thousands and thousands dying children, parents, brothers and sisters for almost eternity (remember, she couldn't know that she'll come back) will still mourning his long lost brother in some pointless war long time ago. That's how human psychic works and we can't create another type of it because we're all humans.

This will be my last answer on Alleria topic because I think it's counterproductive and we are just wasting each other time. Nonetheless, have a good day
    But she did not stay the same and live the same life as before? She can no longer return to Silvermoon, she is now leading her own faction of elves, and she is constantly struggling to fight the whispers. She is also no longer interested in exterminating the orcs as she was during the Invasion of Draenor, instead focusing on protecting the world from those who would harm it, whether it be Sylvnaas or the Old God.

Also, just because you meet a stronger enemy does not mean you forget past transgressions. If Bob killed my mother and I met Tim, who is ten times stronger than Bob, I would still despise Bob with every fibre of my being for what he did. And the orcs did more than that, they not only killed a relative she was very close to, but devastated the majority of her kingdom, and slaughtered many of her people.

Yes, she is above the little squabbling of the faction war, able to focus on the real threat, as I proved earlier. Also in Shadows Rising she will hunt down Sylvanas, instead of continuing some kind of animosity against the Horde like Tyrande is doing. Furthermore, Alleria did not "choose" to fight for the Alliance, she is pretty much forced to go there, since that is where her family is, and that is also where she can meet others who are under her condition. She never had a choice in the first place, and nobody in the Horde ever opened up to her. Lady Liadrin was aboard the Vindicaar, she never interacted with Alleria. Only Vereesa did. It is not a surprised that she "choose" one side over the other.

Also she was mostly absent during the faction war. She only appeared in the Battle of Lordaeron, where she wanted to end Sylvanas for the crimes she committed, and the Battle of Orgrimmar, where she proposed an armistice with Sylvanas. As I predicted before BfA started, Alleria was never interested in the faction war, and indeed she hardly even had a role in it.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

1. Magni Bronzebeard - pretty much for everything he has done pre-8.3
    2. Arthas - for deleting the Lich King sometime between TFT and WotLK, gutting the character
    3. Garrosh - crying about his father back in Nagrand
    4. Brann Bronzebeard - Halls of Stone, Ulduar, and Uldum
    5. Varok Saurfang - "We named him Dranosh. It means 'Heart of Draenor' in orcish."

Honorable mention: Aronus. Still the worst voice acting in the game.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2020-02-14 at 11:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Sylvanas
    2. Yrel
    3. Tyrande
    4. Alleria
    5. Taran Zhu

Honorable Mentions: MoP Jaina, Aggra, Liadrin, Calia.

Apparently WoW writers failed to write good female and/or xenophobic characters, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Tyrande (what the fuck happened to War3 Tyrande?)
    They defanged her, and the rest of the Night Elves as well. I still have no clue as to why the writers hate her and the Nelves so much. They're one of WoW's most iconic races and are still widely used in marketing (the game time card still has Tyrande's face on it for example), and they're one of the most popular races as well. It makes no sense whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me'dan (obviously)
    Sylvanas (I'm the sylvanas hating hipster, I hated her from TFT)
    Aggra: (GGGGOGOOOOOOO'EEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL)
    Sindragosa (Suffer, mortals, as your pathetic magic bEtRAyS yOu!
    LiLi (As long as she's with Chen thats cool, on her own I wanna throttle her)

I would say BFA Magni but I find his whole Champion shikt is actually quite hilarious lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-02-15 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    5. Alleria/Veressa : for exact same reason, they are allied with the faction that practiced genocide against their own ppl, twice, if either were actually helping their ppl instead of being busy humping on a human dick they probably would been killed by same human they are liking their dicks way too much, they are - like current Sylvie - a self inserted fantasy from writers who want to win by banging some hot elf chicks
    When exactly did the Alliance commit genocide against the High Elves? Garithos's racism and the purge of Dalaran is not 'genocide'. I agree that Vereesa has always been a satellite character, but Rhonin's been dead for almost 8 years now. Can we finally get some character development for her now?

As for Alleria, she's always been fiercely loyal to the Alliance, so her switching to the Horde would make no sense at all.

It makes more sense for the High/Blood Elves to be loyal to the Alliance anyway. Keep in mind the Horde allied with their mortal enemy, the Forest Trolls, during the Second War. Thousand of Elves were slaughtered by them, including the little brother of the Windrunners. Why would Alleria and Vereesa have any love for the Horde after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    When exactly did the Alliance commit genocide against the High Elves? Garithos's racism and the purge of Dalaran is not 'genocide'. I agree that Vereesa has always been a satellite character, but Rhonin's been dead for almost 8 years now. Can we finally get some character development for her now?

As for Alleria, she's always been fiercely loyal to the Alliance, so her switching to the Horde would make no sense at all.

It makes more sense for the High/Blood Elves to be loyal to the Alliance anyway. Keep in mind the Horde allied with their mortal enemy, the Forest Trolls, during the Second War. Thousand of Elves were slaughtered by them, including the little brother of the Windrunners. Why would Alleria and Vereesa have any love for the Horde after that?
    Some people (all of which happen to be Horde fanboys who hate Void elves, funny) just don't understand how human psychology works. You don't abandon your entire family, along with your beloved child that you've just met for the first time after 1.000 years, just to pick the other side.

I know this has been used so often that at this point it's a meme, but Alleria literally did nothing wrong in that situation.

Some people (all of which happen to be Horde fanboys who hate Void elves, funny) just don't understand how human psychology works. You don't abandon your entire family, along with your beloved child that you've just met for the first time after 1.000 years, just to pick the other side.

I know this has been used so often that at this point it's a meme, but Alleria literally did nothing wrong in that situation.
    That's rich, coming from someone who idolizes an entire race of traitors

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    That's rich, coming from someone who idolizes an entire race of traitors
    Since I don't idolize any Horde race (traitors to Garrosh and Sylvanas), I think you have the wrong person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    1. Jaina
    2. Vereesa
    3. Baine
    4. Go'el
    5. Tyrande (But I love her for it, she's the only one whose cringe makes me giggle)

People are upset that a character dares not to kiss the Horde's ass. That's why everyone dislikes Tyrande, Genn and Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Are sylvanas fanboys characters?
    Nathanos is.

OT:
    1. Sylvanas. But mostly because of her voice and BfA's and SL's trailer. This kind of narrating is just pure cringe.
    2. Tyrande. Nightwarrior. Yeah, she has her emo phase...
    3. Turalyon. Xe'ra this, the light that. Just fuck already. Oh, it is dead, what a shame...
    4. Demonhunters. It's not really cringe but more "edge". still counts for me.
    5. Magni. I get it, Azeroth is hurt. But still, I cringe so much everytime I hear him talk...

loads of people saying sylvanas is cringe yet we have magni and mother, characters with the worst voice acting and absolutely not even one dimensional characters. Magni's character consists of nothing but saying "ChAmPiON!! -AHAHAHA -NOOOOO LASS HANG ON!! AzErOtttthhh1" and MOTHER is your typical generic robot character.
    Sylvanas is far from cringe. Ruined? Yes. But you realize she's been carrying WoW on her shoulders since Cataclysm? Literally is the most controversial character of all time. You can literally spark an argument just by saying her name and nothing else.

1. Magni
    2. MOTHER
    3. Any Gnome character
    4. Any post BFA Horde character I.E [Baine, Thrall, etc]
    5. Practically any female orc

Ruined characters:
    Sylvanas
    Nathanos
    Thrall
    Anduin
    Vol'jin
    Tyrande
    ..All of the W3 characters except Jaina, KJ, Sargeras, Chen & Illidan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    1. Magni Bronzebeard - pretty much for everything he has done pre-8.3
    2. Arthas - for deleting the Lich King sometime between TFT and WotLK, gutting the character
    3. Garrosh - crying about his father back in Nagrand
    4. Brann Bronzebeard - Halls of Stone, Ulduar, and Uldum
    5. Varok Saurfang - "We named him Dranosh. It means 'Heart of Draenor' in orcish."

Honorable mention: Aronus. Still the worst voice acting in the game.
    Probably the most sensible list in this thread aside from #3 and 2. Magni is the most awful character they've created in this game.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    loads of people saying sylvanas is cringe yet we have magni and mother, characters with the worst voice acting and absolutely not even one dimensional characters. Magni's character consists of nothing but saying "ChAmPiON!! -AHAHAHA -NOOOOO LASS HANG ON!! AzErOtttthhh1" and MOTHER is your typical generic robot character.
    Sylvanas is far from cringe. Ruined? Yes. But you realize she's been carrying WoW on her shoulders since Cataclysm? Literally is the most controversial character of all time. You can literally spark an argument just by saying her name and nothing else.

1. Magni
    2. MOTHER
    3. Any Gnome character
    4. Any post BFA Horde character I.E [Baine, Thrall, etc]
    5. Practically any female orc

Ruined characters:
    Sylvanas
    Nathanos
    Thrall
    Anduin
    Vol'jin
    Tyrande
    ..All of the W3 characters except Jaina, KJ, Sargeras, Chen & Illidan

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the most sensible list in this thread aside from #3 and 2. Magni is the most awful character they've created in this game.
    If all you need to carry the game is being controversial, then Alleria and Umbric have had far more impact on Warcraft.

1. All the joke pop culture references parading as characters like Harrison Jones (Uldum was such an idiotic waste of potential) or Keeshan (who gets bonus points for spawning human potential meme).
    2. All the trophy wives. So pretty much almost all women in Warcraft in love with someone. It somehow makes them dumb as hell. Even if they were functioning prior to falling in love.
    3. Anduin, his holy bones and all his orbiters. The holy bones part is already ridiculous. Being the WoW's take on the idiotic friendship no jutsu trope is also awful. But the worst thing about him is how he deprives everyone around himself of a working brain and somehow replaces it with more Anduins. Anduin committed a fuck up after a fuck up yet no one around him seems to notice and they all continue treating him like the best thing prior to sliced bread.
    4. All the villains that are forced to gargle on the idiot ball in order for the factions led by mouth breathers like Anduin not to lose against them within a week. The worst offender is the "master planner" N'Zoth who sealed his own demise by keeping the dagger formerly known as Knaifu around for no reason.
    5. Kerrilldank the Chosen One (where Blizzard ineptly tried to avert the Chosen One trope and instead ended up lamp-shading it). Also the whole "I've sacrificed more than any other" when Illidan has personally sacrificed almost nothing and instead always threw other people under the bus to achieve his own goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Badly written? I wouldn't think so, myself. I don't like Anduin as a character myself, I think he's overwhelmingly naive and unrealistically optimistic, but those are character flaws that actually make him a realistic and fallible person, not "bad writing" in and of themselves.

You can certainly dislike a character that's otherwise written well. I have similar thoughts about Sylvanas, as well; she's a great character and I absolutely loathe who she is and what she does as a fictional person in the Warcraft universe.
    How exactly does the flaw of unrealistic optimism make him a realistic person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account

failing in their genocide doesn't mean they didn't attempted to, twice
    or else that means alliance never practiced genocide against Gnolls and Kobolds, even if they admit it as part of their history in kingdom of Azeroth (aka Stormwind)
    There are still gnolls out there, there are still kobolds out there, there are still trolls out there, but they are nowhere near the state that they were before alliance practiced their favorite hobby of genocide
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

she literally abandoned her son for that time, and her husband wasn't that good either, half of that time she was jailed and he had no objection against
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

failing in their genocide doesn't mean they didn't attempted to, twice
    But it wasn't a genocide?? There are only 2 major examples of genocide within the Warcraft universe, and both of those were committed by the Horde (because of course they were).

or else that means alliance never practiced genocide against Gnolls and Kobolds, even if they admit it as part of their history in kingdom of Azeroth (aka Stormwind)
    There are still gnolls out there, there are still kobolds out there, there are still trolls out there, but they are nowhere near the state that they were before alliance practiced their favorite hobby of genocide
    Just because us players see Gnolls and Kobolds as somewhat of a meme, that doesn't take away from the fact that they're dangerous, especially to the commonfolk. Gnoll tents are literally made out of human skin, why wouldn't the humans want to get rid of them?

The WWF doesn't exit in Azeroth. When a certain species poses a threat to the general public, it's the duty of their king to get rid of said threat.

But it wasn't a genocide?? There are only 2 major examples of genocide within the Warcraft universe, and both of those were committed by the Horde (because of course they were).
    Genocides are committed all the time in the warcraft universe, by the Alliance, the horde, the titans, the burning legion, the old gods etc. it is very common just as racism.

I have lost count in how many villages I was sent in order to clear them out.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2020-02-16 at 03:33 PM.