Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    aren't they too minor to be worth mentioning ? u really think they deserve to be ranked above solo everything Sylvanas and her self inserted fanboy Nathanos?
    Easily. Sylvanas has that "all according to keikaku" thing going, but she also actively produces conflict, which is the purpose of the game. She's outright cringy mostly in her absolute lowest "woe is me" bs, like when she talks about how life is pain or complaining about how the world is a prison. The same applies to the author mouthpiece characters like Baine and Anduin that exist to impart the authors' braindead morals onto the audience - they're dire, to be sure, but they still exist within the setting - there is room to discuss or argue about them. People can hypothetically have a different reaction to Anduin or Sylvanas or Baine.

By comparison, whole plot reference characters are dated and ruin whatever it is they're attached to and have nill potential or utility besides a laugh ten years ago.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-02-13 at 10:38 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Meerah + Dolly & Dot are the epitome of basic white girl writing.
    Kupo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i would put Anduin, Nathanos, Baine, malfurion, tyrande lots of other elves

but what grom did to have this spot? just he draenor is free thing?
    u seriously don't consider wod ending enough?
    even i as horde i wanted Yrel to shove that axe in his face, he gets away free from all his crimes because he sucked player character d8ck in the 6.2 trailer ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Like even with the "Ooooo it was Xavius pulling the strings, mimicking Malfurion all alooooong" argument I'm shocked the devs/writers looked at that and thought "Yeah this definitely isn't utterly ridiculous, will be memed, and cause players to never be able to take these characters seriously ever again"
    Considering that the devs have a massive hate boner for nelves, it's more than likely this character assassination was completely intentional. In regards to nelves there's nothing I wouldn't put past the devs. They destroyed them visually (new models have nothing in common with old ones), they had their capital destroyed and and most of their population murdered. Ridiculing their leaders is a fitting piece in the puzzle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    Meerah + Dolly & Dot are the epitome of basic white girl writing.
    What does "basic white girl writing" actually mean in this context?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

1. Zekhan
    2. Baine
    3. Calia
    4. John J. Keeshan
    5. Sira

Top 5 most cringe words.

1. Cringe
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Nathanos (Does he ever think for himself?)
    2. Grom (both versions)
    3. Liadrin and Thalyssra (hypocritical rats like most elves)
    4. Tyrande (Annoying character with the mentality of a teen and acts like a little bitch to avoid accepting her own failures)
    5. Sylvanas (willing to sell out anyone for herself)
    6. Go'el (sucks I liked thrall)

I almost puked at when malfurion was kidnapped and tyrande was chasing after him, My Loooveee! ughhhh disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I almost puked at when malfurion was kidnapped and tyrande was chasing after him, My Loooveee! ughhhh disgusting.
    That's not actually Malfurion, though; it's just Xavius playing as Malfurion and mocking Tyrande.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

After all this time I'm still baffled by how many people think it was Malfurion spouting those terrible lines in Val'sharah... it was Xavius all that time masquerading as Malfurion, the real Malfurion is never present during that quest, he's in the dungeon..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Not bad, but Illidan deserves a spot after his legion performance

Edit for tyrande after her bfa bullshit.
    True, the cringe was strong in Tyrande and Illidan.

Nathanos and Zekhan are the only two characters I would call "Cringe".
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's 2020 and people still think it was Malfurion, and not Xavius, yelling all those cringe things during that quest. What a time to be alive.
    It doesnt matter since Tyrande still fell for it and the fact Malfurion managed to get captured in the first place.

1- Sylvanas
    2- Alleria
    3- Nathanos
    4- Jaina
    5- Baine/Anduin
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u seriously don't consider wod ending enough?
    even i as horde i wanted Yrel to shove that axe in his face, he gets away free from all his crimes because he sucked player character d8ck in the 6.2 trailer ?
    i mean, it was bad, but if are going to put in the list for any slide we can pretty much put all wow character in the list

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Not bad, but Illidan deserves a spot after his legion performance

Edit for tyrande after her bfa bullshit.
    Her BfA bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's 2020 and people still think it was Malfurion, and not Xavius, yelling all those cringe things during that quest. What a time to be alive.
    I acknowledge that as the most likely scenario and still think most of Tyrande's performance was eye-rolling and we know it was the real him when he was taunting Xavius after easily getting his ass kicked by his shade throughout the dungeon. Damsel in Distress Malfurion is 100% canon and just as silly as Nightmare Illusion Malfurion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Addie fizzlebog!!!!!
    Little known fact, she poses and makes faces when you take out a S.E.L.F.I.E. camera around her.

I was too charmed by that to cringe. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Addie_Fizzlebog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    What's not to like about the mysterious "changeling" Human bound to the Emerald Dream for reasons unknown, acting as a living MacGuffin and walking plot contrivance with abilities that master Druids and Green Dragons don't even have?
    I had never heard of this guy before this thread but there we have it, my #5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Like even with the "Ooooo it was Xavius pulling the strings, mimicking Malfurion all alooooong" argument I'm shocked the devs/writers looked at that and thought "Yeah this definitely isn't utterly ridiculous, will be memed, and cause players to never be able to take these characters seriously ever again"
    I mean, the Terror of Darkshore cinematic did a lot for redeeming Malfurion in my eyes, especially considering Val'sharah is the odd man out here, so-to-speak. Seeing him go full slasher flick for a change was cathartic.

On-topic: While using 'cringe' as an... adjective?... makes my sphincter clench, here's my five most aggrivating/annoying/groan-inducing characters.

1. Sylvanas Windrunner and Nathanos Blightcaller (tie). God-mode characters aren't interesting. Superman works because his superpowers are juxtaposed against his very human struggles where his powers are less important than his mind and heart. Dr. Manhattan worked because his sociopathic detachment from everything created personal conflict for himself, which audience-surrogate Silk Spectre II helped resolve by helping him reconnect with his humanity. When a god-mode character spends all their time strutting and swaggering about, never suffering meaningful setbacks (and when what should be meaningful setbacks are immediately negated by having their plans go off without a hitch regardless), and there is no humanizing conflict to balance out their god-tier powers, they rob the narrative of tension and drama. You know they're going to succeed so it becomes pointless to care about how/why.

2. Y'rel. The Iron Horde spent all of WoD, barring a few last questlines at the very end and a couple cinematics, engaged in an active genocide. They sought to purge the draenei from the map in about as textbook a genocide as such things get. The Iron Horde and draenei were forced to work together for mutual survival when most of the Iron Horde joined Gul'dan and drank the demon blood, and spent some time afterwards working together to rid Draenor of demons lest another invasion take place. Through all this, Y'rel progressed from a scared priestess to a messianic archetype--not a problem in and of itself, though she was a bit too vocal in praising the players who largely stayed holed up in their bases.

But when the time came that the draenei turned on the mag'har, rather than painting it out as the draenei (justifiably) getting their pound of flesh now that more pressing matters had been addressed, instead the draenei had become maddened religious zealots forcibly converting the mag'har to the Light and waging war on them. I hate Y'rel because she represents a goldmine of lost opportunity for the sake of making the mag'har, possibly the most morally myopic playable race so far (or at least a strong runner-up behind the Forsaken, Kul'tirans, and void elves), into put-upon victims who didn't deserve being shoved into the grave they'd dug themselves.

3. Galen Trollbane. He sucks at pretty much everything he does. He single-handedly caused the decline of Stromgarde as a kingdom through his rampant incompetence, and later exhibited a stunning talent for poorly-timed betrayal not only of the Forsaken but also of the Ebon Blade (whom he had apparently struck a deal with at some point). Fittingly, it also turns out he killed one of my favorite Second War characters, Thoras Trollbane.

4. Vereesa Windrunner. Prior to Wrath of the Lich King, her entire purpose for existing was to give Richard A. Knaak's self-insert protagonist a Windrunner to rescue and shag. After, her only purpose in the plot is to carp on at every turn about how much she loves her kids and how much blood elves suck. During the Purge of Dalaran, she took orders to incarcerate Sunreavers as carte blanche to go on a killing spree, and got away with it scott-free--not even a dressing-down from her allies like Varian gave Jaina. Her relationship status went from 'Rhonin's arm candy' to 'Jaina's viciously codependent second-in-command, who Jaina engaged in a constant negative spiral with while they worked together' for the duration of Mists of Pandaria, and nowadays she mostly exists to be her better-written older sister's hype man. Not once since her introduction as a character has she existed as anything more than another character's accessory.

5. Med'an. Sincerely, fuck this guy and the awfully-written comic that birthed him. I don't care how much fun the Varian arc was (at least until the shitty Onyxia fight), how much I like Broll and Valeera, or how cool Meryl is. The best lore decision the writers made in a long time was to completely write Med'an out with no plans to bring him back. I hope we find him in the Shadowlands being kicked in the testicles.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-02-14 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    1. Illidan
    2. Sylvanas
    3. Grom
    4. Med’an
    5. Anduin
    Grom is one of the most strong-willed and not submissive characters in Warcraft universe, how terrible his version of AU would not be, even there he is strong-willed and was not broken by a demon. Med'an is not canonical already. Sylvanas - I agree in general, constantly concludes some kind of treaties exclusively for personal purposes. Illidan - initially he was like Sylvanas now, but Illidan now thinks not only about himself, and he did not succumb to Light in the Legion.
    I would include Gul'dan or Gallywix or both))