Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Trolls are an icky subject tbh... Yes the High Elves did built their empire on Troll land, but the Trolls were the ones that attacked out of nowhere. The Trolls forced the High Elves to retaliate and they did. And we all know how that turned out.

Also, most Trolls (aside from the Zandalari) are barely civilized. The Darkspear still practiced cannibalism until Thrall forbid it. Seems rather obvious why most other civilized races (such as Humans and Elves) would want them dead.
    It wasn't just that the High Elves settled in Amani lands, they actually constructed Silvermoon City on a sacred site of the Amani (likely a nexus of Ley lines suitable for establishing the Sunwell). So they were viewed not only as invaders but also as desecrating an important locale, which was probably the reason they were attacked so quickly and ferociously.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Legion Jaina. None other bother me as much.
    After Garrosh's trial she gave up on being angry, realizing she'd be just as bad as him if she continued her hate. Then, just as Legion invades, she's triggered again and back to hating Horde. She doesn't do shit all to save the situation when Varian dies (she's nowhere to be seen, in fact). She quits on leading the Kirin Tor in the face of the biggest threat ever and goes to do her own thing (we're only later told she'd been killing some demons on her own, via a comic book).

Malfurion, really. He was pretty cool to start with in the books (the trilogy). But then hes written out like an idiot that opposes change and can't accept anything. Every time there's something different, he shakes his head and wants it imprisoned. His action to imprison his brother forever always felt too me like it was too vengeful and rash.
    He sleeps for an unimaginable number of years with no real reason and he's portrayed as a helpless idiot later on. Why Tyrande even loves him anymore I can't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, fogot about LiLi. I really dislike her voice, it's terrible. She's spoiled and annoying and causes problems more than helps. And what pisses me off is that she's still a little kid while everyone else grew up. But yeah, her voice, I CTRL+S when she talks.

1) Alleria
    2) Talanji
    3) Anduin
    4) Jaina
    5) Varok

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    funny thing, humans still are cannibalistic like forest and jungle trolls.
    What? Any source for this?

What? Any source for this?
    the quest for the murloc recipe in stormwind
    both in vanilla and cata

1) Sylvanas
    2) Nathanos
    3) Med’an
    4) Malfurion
    5) Grom Hellscream

It’s a shame, because three out of those five were at least decent characters at some point. Med’an and Grom were always awful, but at least Blizzard realized how bad Med’an was and just “forgot” about him. Those top two have been crammed down our throats for multiple expansions now.
    Last edited by Gelannerai; 2020-02-17 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Apparently, we should not equate the Old Horde, the Dark Horde, the Fel Horde, the Burning Blade Clan, the True Horde, the Iron Horde, or whatever to the current Horde but for some reason all of the Grand Alliance is guilty because of the actions of a leader of an offshoot faction from the Alliance of Lordaeron.
    Garithos didn't lead an offshoot of anything though. He led the Alliance. Meanwhile the Iron Horde isn't even from the same reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

1. Anduin
    2. Med'an
    3. Broxigar
    4. Rhonin
    5. Windrunners.

I can make the Windrunners as a single entry right? They're all basically the same character: Slutty elf archer with a human fetish.

Apparently, we should not equate the Old Horde, the Dark Horde, the Fel Horde, the Burning Blade Clan, the True Horde, the Iron Horde, or whatever to the current Horde but for some reason all of the Grand Alliance is guilty because of the actions of a leader of an offshoot faction from the Alliance of Lordaeron.
    What you meant was "we should equate current horde to every other offshoot there has been, including from different realities. But dont you dare do the same for alliance."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What you meant was "we should equate current horde to every other offshoot there has been, including from different realities. But dont you dare do the same for alliance."
    on the contrary, more people are doing otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Garithos didn't lead an offshoot of anything though. He led the Alliance. Meanwhile the Iron Horde isn't even from the same reality.
    Garithos was a de-facto leader of a splinter faction of the Alliance of Lordaeron and I'm sure he was working independently from whatever Kul Tiras, Stormwind, and Ironforge and he would easily ignore whatever each of the other nation thinks otherwise. He didn't even lead the Dalaran remnants (though Rhonin, Vereesa, Modera, and Ansirem were too cowardly to do anything or protest). And would you look at that - the New Alliance who weren't able to join the Scarlet Crusade/Argent Dawn are pretty much Forsaken now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I can make the Windrunners as a single entry right? They're all basically the same character: Slutty elf archer with a human fetish.
    Soon we will have female human and male elf -> Modera and Aethas; I don't see Modera going with Khadgar

1) Nathanos
    2) Sylvanas
    3) Vereesa
    4) Taran Zhu
    5) Rhonin

Lotta people complaining that we "lost Rastakhan". All he did in the short time we knew him was be a mostly ineffective leader, so I can't relate.

Anyway, also hate pop culture reference characters and meme characters like Leeroy Jenkins and Hogger (outside of his one dedicated quest). I get that at the start a lot of Warcraft's popularity stemmed from all the pop culture references (have a listen at all the Warcraft 3 unit quotes) but that shit didn't age well and they should have moved on ages ago from just tossing in more and more egregious pop culture references into everything (Legion and BfA seem to have had less, at least).
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It is a pretty close repeat to the Thrall stuff at the end of Cata. In almost all cases WoW has had some pretty poorly written female characters.
    Argh, you made me remember Aggra and that awful "GOOOOEEEEEELLLL" of hers /hardcringe
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

the quest for the murloc recipe in stormwind
    both in vanilla and cata
    Really? That's not cannibalism. Murlocs are closer to animals than humanoids anyway.

Meanwhile trolls did practice (and some still continue to do) real cannibalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I disagree. While all three are naughty in some way (well most elves are anyway, at least they actually wear shoes unlike the Nightborne), it's best to keep the distinction between the two mentally sane ones (Alleria and Vereesa) and the genocidal psycopath.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Garithos was a de-facto leader of a splinter faction of the Alliance of Lordaeron and I'm sure he was working independently from whatever Kul Tiras, Stormwind, and Ironforge and he would easily ignore whatever each of the other nation thinks otherwise. He didn't even lead the Dalaran remnants (though Rhonin, Vereesa, Modera, and Ansirem were too cowardly to do anything or protest). And would you look at that - the New Alliance who weren't able to join the Scarlet Crusade/Argent Dawn are pretty much Forsaken now
    Garithos obtained his position by chain of command of the Alliance. Making it rather obvious it's not an offshoot. Especially since almost every member state (I'm not 100% on Stormwind) sent him help, acknowledging his position in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I disagree. While all three are naughty in some way (well most elves are anyway, at least they actually wear shoes unlike the Nightborne), it's best to keep the distinction between the two mentally sane ones (Alleria and Vereesa) and the genocidal psycopath.
    Vereesa is so mentally sane she casually forgot she had children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I'm sticking some together.

1) all 3 windrunner sisters, at least Vareesa isn't super special unique with Goddess powers and few if any discernable flaws in their abilities but I'm sure that's coming eventually

2) Garrosh, he was the prototype flip-flopping nonsensical emotional basket case that led to our current iteration of Sylvanas

3) Grom and Yrel - neither of them make any sense, hopefully Yrel can be fixed if they decide to use her for something

4) Rastakhan - I mostly cringe because he's an enormous boob but everyone seems to like him and think he was a great leader. He wasn't. He was terrible. Zul was COMPLETELY reasonable as a villain because of extremity of incompetence shown by Rastakhan. All that dude did was fuck up his people for the majority of his reign. Of COURSE he was gunna get usurped, his people were desperate and he did nothing. Talanji did all of the fighting for his kingdom while he sat on his ass and did nothing.

5) Stick one of the ones I listed in pairs here

Really? That's not cannibalism. Murlocs are closer to animals than humanoids anyway.

Meanwhile trolls did practice (and some still continue to do) real cannibalism.
    ?maybe gorlocs are close to animals, murlocs are naga's slaves, they build their villages and weapons and have their religions. they are very good shamans.
    really, they probably are at a tauren level or even pre wow humans in tecnology (or at least pre w2 stormwindians).
    considering that centaurs are considered cannibals because they eat tauren and jungle trolls to eat humans, why humans should be different?

?maybe gorlocs are close to animals, murlocs are naga's slaves, they build their villages and weapons and have their religions. they are very good shamans.
    really, they probably are at a tauren level or even pre wow humans in tecnology (or at least pre w2 stormwindians).
    considering that centaurs are considered cannibals because they eat tauren and jungle trolls to eat humans, why humans should be different?
    They aren't close to Tauren level of technology or intelligence, they can't even speak properly. You're just making stuff up at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    They aren't close to Tauren level of technology or intelligence, they can't even speak properly. You're just making stuff up at this point.
    While I don't know what level the Gorlocs are at technologically speaking, the fact that they don't speak Common well isn't a great rubric for determining their status. Gorlocs, like Murlocs, speak Nerglish and their biology isn't really conducive to speaking Common very well given that they're amphibious creatures. Gorloc settlements like the Sparktouched Haven in Sholazar Basin show similar architecture to most Troll camps or small settlements - they have also managed to re-purpose a bit of the Titan technology littered about the Basin, showing they have a good deal of intellectual potential.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

? tauren build huts and windmills, after w3 their biggest feat are maybe the elevators that could be or not enhanched by shamanism. they are even considered barely more than animals by some alliance (shattering chp 27)
    technically Finley Mrrgglton is canon so they can learn common (and anyway nerglish is their and makrura language)
    damn they even build nets to fish, probably they are more advanced than pre troll's war humans