Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The reality is that if you do much of anything at all in this game you either need to have addons or you're going to deal with a lot of unpleasantness. It is understandable to have a game philosophy that has an objection to this reality, but it simply is what WoW is and has been for many many expansions. This is just one more thing you need an addon for.
    Just wanna chime in that I think it's pretty lame to demand people add more add ons to their game to deal with something that, for 75% of the expansion, wasn't necessary.

I've been tab targeting orbs all expansion long without an issue, and now it's an issue. Because? Reasons? Was this a necessary change at this point in the expansion? Were people abusing the tab targeting of explosives? This fix just makes it harder for no reason, and forces me to download nameplate addons I don't want. More weak auras to enlarge those that I don't want. And on top of all that, I now have to click to target orbs. Which I don't want. I'm not a clicker. I'm using my mouse for other things, and stopping what I'm doing with it to click on orbs every 10 seconds is detracting from my ability to play. This was not a problem when I could easily target orbs by standing in front of them and pressing tab. All things I could quickly do with my left hand to leave my right free to do other actions.

No. This is a stupid change. If that's how orbs were in Legion or how they wanted orbs to be in BFA, then that's how orbs should've been from the start of BFA. We're 75% through and most of us have an in-place system for dealing with orbs that we shouldn't have to change this late into an expansion because some idiots at Blizzard either broke it or made this undocumented change.

Quote Originally Posted by amk320 View Post
    And on top of all that, I now have to click to target orbs. Which I don't want. I'm not a clicker. I'm using my mouse for other things, and stopping what I'm doing with it to click on orbs every 10 seconds is detracting from my ability to play.
    I second that. I have no problems getting a weak aura (actually have one since Legion) so see them better, but forcing me to fucking click the things is aggravating.

The "fix" doesn't even work all the time. You still can tab to an orb, but not always.

Just wanna chime in that I think it's pretty lame to demand people add more add ons to their game to deal with something that, for 75% of the expansion, wasn't necessary.

I've been tab targeting orbs all expansion long without an issue, and now it's an issue. Because? Reasons? Was this a necessary change at this point in the expansion? Were people abusing the tab targeting of explosives? This fix just makes it harder for no reason, and forces me to download nameplate addons I don't want. More weak auras to enlarge those that I don't want. And on top of all that, I now have to click to target orbs. Which I don't want. I'm not a clicker. I'm using my mouse for other things, and stopping what I'm doing with it to click on orbs every 10 seconds is detracting from my ability to play. This was not a problem when I could easily target orbs by standing in front of them and pressing tab. All things I could quickly do with my left hand to leave my right free to do other actions.

No. This is a stupid change. If that's how orbs were in Legion or how they wanted orbs to be in BFA, then that's how orbs should've been from the start of BFA. We're 75% through and most of us have an in-place system for dealing with orbs that we shouldn't have to change this late into an expansion because some idiots at Blizzard either broke it or made this undocumented change.
    I find it odd that anyone would tab target orbs as some of the pulls can have a lot of mobs and that approach seems so problematic and unnecessary, but that is all beside the point, which it seems you've willfully missed.

This is a summary of the point I made and which you quoted but did not respond to: if you want to play a game that does not require addons, you should not play WoW. Whether you agree or disagree, it is what it is. Whatever specific scenario you want to complain about (omg I don't want to use an addon for this specific thing) does not matter. For 15 years the default UI has been inadequate and if that is upsetting I do not understand why you would continue to play. Things get changed, things get updated and things get added. If you don't want to add new addons you are just out of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tab target is super garbage and every time they try to tweak it they seem to make it worse. I've had trouble the last two patches especially with tabbing picking mobs I'm not even in combat with before the cycling through the guys beating on me. I haven't noticed it being worse this particular week but it's also hard for me to imagine tabbing AI being worse than it already is in this game.

My solution for explosions was just to make the name plates for them blinding hot pink and giant and just click them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Explosive was bullshit ever since they added it in Legion. And I will forever regard it as skip week so I don't have to get annoyed by how stupid it's working.
    Really? So far I've found explosiveness to be one of the easiest affixes there is.

I've been tab targeting orbs all expansion long without an issue, and now it's an issue.
    Not sure what exactly the cause is but some people are able to tab target it and some aren't. So there's probably something going on with the tabbing function that isn't intended. I know in the runs I was doing I could tab target and a friend as well, but then I read here and reddit that some aren't able to.

With that said I have had issues with tab targeting in general such as I will have say a five pack pull and I'm tabbing through each while tanking to make sure they are being brought down evenly and on the second mob it gets packs that are far ahead and haven't even been pulled yet. So I have to be careful to not tab and hit unless I want more mobs being brought in.

It feels like they tweaked....something yesterday, because I had little problem tabbing to nearby orbs in front of me last night despite being fully unable to on Thursday.

Wonder if it has to do with the camera and sight-blocking objects behind us? My trouble was in Waycrest, a very cramped dungeon with walls behind you that usually hit the "rear" of the camera; meanwhile, last night was Atal'dazar which is a very open dungeon with few walls getting in the way of the camera (front or back).

seems that way, tested it out today

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bolstering explosive week is a pass from me so while I wouldn't know it also wouldn't surprise me. Something definitely changed as I find myself using my cursor much more than I normally would in regular content. It's like it doesn't work if your camera is impacted by your environment.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Really? So far I've found explosiveness to be one of the easiest affixes there is.
    It's pretty easy if you're doing 1 group pulls, but pretty rough if you're doing big pulls and don't have multiple specs capable of getting rid of them quickly.

Yep. 80% of the time they aren't tab targetable at all this week.

Tab works 1/3 of the time on them at best. Clicking is far quicker.

We'll have to throw this in the bucket of "well shucks, we never did get around to fixing that", along with being unable to mount even though you aren't actually targeted by anything.

Yeah unless it's ONE target and a single orb i cannot rely on tab targeting anymore.

Explosives are always more annoying than they need to be to target.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I had no issue with them. A BM hunter on one of my groups complained about not being able to target them, but I suspect it was a cheap excuse to justify his 8% damage on explosives.
    BM hunters shouldn't be targeting explosives unless absolutely necessary

I'm having issues tab-targeting them (and will sooner target something we're not even in combat with than an orb), and their nameplates only ever show up during bossfights no matter what my settings are on. Manually targeting them is pretty hit or miss as well, especially on larger pulls.

On reddit wow competitive forum someone stated the reason you can't tab target the orbs is because of a recent change where the orbs are not putting players in combat / threat until someone does damage to them. They believe this was changed because an orb spawning and putting a player in combat would stop them from being able to enter the pillars in 10+ keys.

The unintended consequence here is you can't tab things you aren't in combat with while other in combat mobs are active. I imagine the people seeing them "sometimes" being able to tab target is because someone in their group hit an orb but it hasn't died yet.

I honestly don't mind the change because with Threat Tidyplates I can now see all the orbs very easily because they show up as red threat plates while all the mobs on the tank are green. So I can quickly click the red plates and destroy them.

Honestly I feel like this isn't even a bad thing. Explosives being easy to target made the affix almost as pointless as Skittish, at least the other 7 affixes require a little bit of brain power to deal with and I kind of feel like explosives should too.

Still felt like they were mostly a non-issue in runs this week though, regardless of any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Explosives are a non issue if you have good name plates and maybe a weakaura. You can get one that increase the size of the explosive name plates so they are incredibly easy to target.
    Don't be a clicker and keyboard turner like this guy.

Demand Blizzard fix the bug they introduced with explosives not putting people in combat so we can keep tabbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I second that. I have no problems getting a weak aura (actually have one since Legion) so see them better, but forcing me to fucking click the things is aggravating.

The "fix" doesn't even work all the time. You still can tab to an orb, but not always.
    You can only tab to orbs you're in combat with. Orbs spawning used to automatically put you in combat with them, and now it doesn't. That's the full detail of the bug.

That's why tabbing works sometimes and not other times.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I actually thought blizzard made the explosives non-tab targetable to MAKE me use my damn mouse click haha

Now that I know it's a possible bug that makes me happy because I was able to tab through and spot holyshock them as a healer last season, but this season I literally have to click my dumbass around the screen all while still rotation with heals etc haha

( Some groups actually task me with the orbs.. but my static group with Boss Razor and Fuzzy and friends don't make me do ANYTHING but heal and some deeps <3 )

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I actually thought blizzard made the explosives non-tab targetable to MAKE me use my damn mouse click haha

Now that I know it's a possible bug that makes me happy because I was able to tab through and spot holyshock them as a healer last season, but this season I literally have to click my dumbass around the screen all while still rotation with heals etc haha

( Some groups actually task me with the orbs.. but my static group with Boss Razor and Fuzzy and friends don't make me do ANYTHING but heal and some deeps <3 )
    I mean with glimmer cap now and 5 person groups in M+, my understanding is holy shocking the orbs is "proper" for paladins in M+, at least to some degree.

I've always been the DPS who focuses them so its never come up for me.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.