Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Don't be a clicker and keyboard turner like this guy.

Demand Blizzard fix the bug they introduced with explosives not putting people in combat so we can keep tabbing.
    It's so typical of a bad player like you. Instead of dealing with your own lack of skills, you just start to insult other players just because they can actually handle to play the game without training aids.

Only noobs are tab'ing in M+. But you have probably never done anything much higher than a +10 key have you? Even though you play a brain dead BM Hunter.

I bet you have never heard of mouse-over macros for interrupts and CCs either? Or focus-interrupts? That's how good players handle M+. We don't need to tab-switching between mobs to handle explosives or interrupts on important targets.

It's fair enough that you want to play WoW with training wheels on, but don't call me a keyboard turner just because I'm a much better player than you and I can actually handle using my brain to target the right mobs.

Soon, BM hunters like you will probably complain that you have to move your characters yourself.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-02-17 at 10:24 PM.

Just for contrast with the post above this one, here's Kaver just 4 days ago in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How can you call me patronizing and then write this to another person 5 minutes after?! The way you communicate with people is disgusting. Your behavior in this forum is completely delusional and hypocritical. The only toxic behavior here is yours when you clearly are not able to participate in a civil debate and respect that other people don’t have the same preferences as you. Your behavior is embarrassing.
    Just to stay on topic: when it comes to Explosives I have a nameplate filter set up so their nameplates are 50% larger, bright orange and flashing yellow. So I don't have trouble dealing with them unless a truly unholy amount spawn all at once on a particularly big trash pull.

I have heard of people having trouble tab-targeting them though so I believe what bullseyed says about the bug. Just because explosives aren't hard to deal with doesn't excuse there being bugs with targeting. It also doesn't mean I particularly enjoy explosive as an affix. I find it a bit pace-breaking to have to constantly stop what I'm doing and snipe explosives. I'm not going to campaign to have the affix removed or anything, but I'm not going to like the mechanic very much regardless.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2020-02-17 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgilityTank View Post
    BM hunters shouldn't be targeting explosives unless absolutely necessary
    Out of curiosity why? I'm of the opinion everywhere should be swapping to Explosives. BM's won't lose dps unless they use Kill Command which I could see. They could easily take it out with a Cobra Shot as I know as a tank I can judgment and 1 shot it majority of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    On reddit wow competitive forum someone stated the reason you can't tab target the orbs is because of a recent change where the orbs are not putting players in combat / threat until someone does damage to them. They believe this was changed because an orb spawning and putting a player in combat would stop them from being able to enter the pillars in 10+ keys.
    From what I've read it is because Explosive Orbs are considered "totems" which you can't tab target, but I've been able to ~50% of the time. So who knows for sure.

You can only tab to orbs you're in combat with. Orbs spawning used to automatically put you in combat with them, and now it doesn't. That's the full detail of the bug.
    That's not true at all unless you are telling me while I have 5 mobs on me and two orbs spawn I'm someone now in combat with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Out of curiosity why? I'm of the opinion everywhere should be swapping to Explosives. BM's won't lose dps unless they use Kill Command which I could see. They could easily take it out with a Cobra Shot as I know as a tank I can judgment and 1 shot it majority of the times.

Depends on key level. I don't disagree that people should help with explosives, but while BM hunter is great at killing them, they do also suffer huge losses to damage doing so (as keeping AOE going is already focus-negative, so weaving in expensive single target shots that my not always 1 shot is an issue. Likewise, using a KC or barbed to help dmg the orb will reposition the pet away from where you want it to be dpsing).

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Just for contrast with the post above this one, here's Kaver just 4 days ago in another thread:

Just to stay on topic: when it comes to Explosives I have a nameplate filter set up so their nameplates are 50% larger, bright orange and flashing yellow. So I don't have trouble dealing with them unless a truly unholy amount spawn all at once on a particularly big trash pull.

I have heard of people having trouble tab-targeting them though so I believe what bullseyed says about the bug. Just because explosives aren't hard to deal with doesn't excuse there being bugs with targeting. It also doesn't mean I particularly enjoy explosive as an affix. I find it a bit pace-breaking to have to constantly stop what I'm doing and snipe explosives. I'm not going to campaign to have the affix removed or anything, but I'm not going to like the mechanic very much regardless.
    I'm surprised they seem to finally have infracted the account. It has been fairly well known to be an alt account of a moderator, with how often it breaks the rules without any action. Seems to also be why you've had action taken for quoting its post.

Explosive is actually my favorite affix (or was before this new bug).

The supposed reason for the new bug (clicking the portals to go into N'zoth's butt requires being out of combat) is practically an exploit anyway. Kill the explosives, then go into the portal. Don't cheat by kiting stuff away to keep your party out of combat.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not true at all unless you are telling me while I have 5 mobs on me and two orbs spawn I'm someone now in combat with them.
    You can deny facts as much as you'd like, but it is somewhat counterproductive.

The reason why tabbing to explosives is broken is because we are no longer placed in combat with explosives when they spawn. If anyone in your group targets an explosive, you are put into combat with it and can then tab target to it. This is why tabbing is working sometimes, but not other times.

These are facts, and not up for debate.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

You can deny facts as much as you'd like, but it is somewhat counterproductive.

The reason why tabbing to explosives is broken is because we are no longer placed in combat with explosives when they spawn. If anyone in your group targets an explosive, you are put into combat with it and can then tab target to it. This is why tabbing is working sometimes, but not other times.

These are facts, and not up for debate.
    It is false, I've seen orbs at 50% health and I still can't tab target them. According to your logic I should be in combat with them, but I'm not.

It is false, I've seen orbs at 50% health and I still can't tab target them. According to your logic I should be in combat with them, but I'm not.
    He literally means you have to hit it. The "in combat" thing isn't party wide, it's personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    He literally means you have to hit it. The "in combat" thing isn't party wide, it's personal.
    That's not what they said. They said anyone in the party can hit it and put you in combat with it (see below). By that logic you gave I should never be able to tab target them as I'm not in combat with them but I am able to ~50% of the time.

If anyone in your group targets an explosive, you are put into combat with it and can then tab target to it.

Really glad they undid this change - as I have no choice but to use tab targeting, they've moved the explosives from impossible back to very difficult for my Arcane Mage to work with.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.