Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trouble targeting Explosive orbs this week?

Anyone else having issues with tab targeting to explosive orbs this week? It used to be fairly easy to tab over and pick them up..seems different this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Krushier View Post
    Anyone else having issues with tab targeting to explosive orbs this week? It used to be fairly easy to tab over and pick them up..seems different this week.
    Yup. Same for me and the rest of my group.
    Sometimes tab works but most of the time it doesn’t.

We even had the case a few times where even clicking the nameplate was nearly impossible...

Might be intended. Because you can’t tab totems and stuff either.

Seems silly to introduce artificial, pointless difficulty if it's indeed intended. I allow overlapping nameplates because I typically haven't had trouble targeting what I wanted to quickly with Tab, but I may have to change that if this remains.

I thought the point of Explosive orbs was that they were not supposed to be tab targetable, like they were in Legion? They prevented you from being able to target them with macros so i think they just hotfixed them.

Do yourself a favor and get the WA for them
    Last edited by lollerlaban; 2020-02-14 at 01:49 AM.

I was having more trouble this week.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Krushier View Post
    Did a run earlier this morning and a friend of mine was able to tab every one of them while (in same group) I was able to tab to about 75% of them. Though for me it was easier to just click the nameplate since I was tanking taking them instead of tabbing through multiple.

This is my big gripe with Explosive as an affix. The bulk of the challenge it creates comes from wrestling with WoW's clunky targeting system rather than the parts of the game that are smooth and enjoyable to engage with.

Well I had no trouble targetting explosives last week, because they didn't exist, it was great actually.

It works in a 2 target scenario often on the 3rd press of the button.

Annoying for sure.

It's defintly a little slow on picking it up. I hunch it's got something to do with how the client is made to perceive it, or maybe there is an extra activation delay added before it is classified as a general enemy and then allowing you to tab to it.

I don’t think it’s working as intended I’m able to tab to some but most the time I’m not able to and it’s making it super difficult

I had no issue with them. A BM hunter on one of my groups complained about not being able to target them, but I suspect it was a cheap excuse to justify his 8% damage on explosives.

Explosives are a non issue if you have good name plates and maybe a weakaura. You can get one that increase the size of the explosive name plates so they are incredibly easy to target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Explosives are a non issue if you have good name plates and maybe a weakaura. You can get one that increase the size of the explosive name plates so they are incredibly easy to target.
    You should not need addons to help you target explosive

I had trouble last night in ML. Usually i'm pretty good at taking them out in the past (fury warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by vivel View Post
    You should not need addons to help you target explosive
    You need addons for a lot of things in the game to play optimally and that is just how it is. You can argue that it shouldn’t be that way (and I agree with you) however that doesn’t change the reality of the current situation. So to give my advice based on the current situation if you have trouble with explosives: Get a weakaura to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You need addons for a lot of things in the game to play optimally and that is just how it is. You can argue that it shouldn’t be that way (and I agree with you) however that doesn’t change the reality of the current situation. So to give my advice based on the current situation if you have trouble with explosives: Get a weakaura to help you.
    I do use addons to make my gaming more enjoyable, but I’m just saying if we need addons to make the game playable then it is not working as intended . Beta for Azeroth continues

I do use addons to make my gaming more enjoyable, but I’m just saying if we need addons to make the game playable then it is not working as intended . Beta for Azeroth continues
    And I agree.

But my comment had nothing to do with how the game should be. I was a solution to dealing with the current situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i havn't played key yet this week, but i allready hate to read this XD <3

Explosive was bullshit ever since they added it in Legion. And I will forever regard it as skip week so I don't have to get annoyed by how stupid it's working.

The reality is that if you do much of anything at all in this game you either need to have addons or you're going to deal with a lot of unpleasantness. It is understandable to have a game philosophy that has an objection to this reality, but it simply is what WoW is and has been for many many expansions. This is just one more thing you need an addon for.