Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I love it. Ashira smells like self insert but it is overall better than BfA. The ending feels satisfying. Both sides are morally grey. Also, I get the naga.

    But why did the Forsaken change leaders?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Didn't you say the war started precisely because N'Zoth cloned Alleria and used the copy to start tensions with the Horde? Which means that Alleria could warn the two factions before Fake Alleria can start causing havoc.

    Background is boring. That's lore, and most people don't care about lore, they care about story. The Ren'dorei might not have a rich background, but they have a lot of story potential and their rise is being told in their introduction questline. I'll always prefer something with a lot of story potential and little background, than something with 0 story potential and 30 different customs.
    Nono, it was nothing like that, the start was a bit complicated but ill try to explain, N'zoth used an infiltrated spy on SI:7 to spread false intelligence regarding Sylvanas amassing an army on Arathi Highlands because she was scared of the Vindicar in case of a war (the Vindicar was "parked" on Stromgarde). Turalyon attacked her "army" and killed everyone before they could become a threat. In truth the army was an illusion by N'zoth and they were mostly civillian Frostwolves. The idea is to make the Alliance the unwilling agressors this time.

    I agree with you on the background vs potential story, but even so they could have made the void elves be the high elves and be done with it, instead they made them the blood elves and got everyone mad.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    The Ren'dorei were added as part of the pre order of BFA, but I don't think the point where I decided to begin matters that much, the real discussion would be about wether the void elves are a positive addition or not. Personally they are one of my favorite races, but its also true that they came from nowhere, and that is especially bad since people were asking for High Elves for so long. Also "they are just blood elves with blue eyes" is not valid because that didn't stop other races like the Highmountain from happening.
    Well, you can say that Alleria taught high elves to use the Void to see the truth.

    Also, mogu can be led by Qian and Rajani clan.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I love it. Ashira smells like self insert but it is overall better than BfA. The ending feels satisfying. Both sides are morally grey. Also, I get the naga.

    But why did the Forsaken change leaders?
    you are right with Ashira haha. But it could be someone else, maybe that gnome rogue? She sounds savage, I like that. Just wanted to give the elves some love.

    I wanted to make it so that there was a clear leader of the Forsaken and a leader of the Horde, I don't think that being a racial leader and a faction leader on the Horde is the way to go.

    I'm glad you like the naga, that was a bit of fanservice to me, since Warcraft 3 I have been dreaming about playing them, even if only on the strategy game.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    The story starts in Legion with the allied races, the first races to be added would have been the High Elves (lead by Veressa)
    I stopped reading there.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Neklord View Post
    I stopped reading there.
    I'm sorry you didn't like that part, I made a lot of changes, you are not gonna like every single one of them, but I'm sure you would like others if you give it a shot

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    The Bomb was a fun way to use Gallywix's cannon on Azshara, at least you have to give me that. Also making Gallywix resistant to the whispers because even N'Zoth can't bullshit him actually gives something positive to a character that until now demonstrated no "redemptive" characteristics.
    There was a redemptive moment for him when he cried over dead goblin bodies. He said that there is nothing more tragic than pointless death that doesn't give him money. Also, he didn't give some scrolls to Garrosh.

    As for the cannon, it can be used as an excuse for him retreating to N'yalotha and adding another zone where we kill him for real.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    you are right with Ashira haha. But it could be someone else, maybe that gnome rogue? She sounds savage, I like that. Just wanted to give the elves some love.
    Well, you could have made Shandris a bit more rogue-esque or use Maiev.
    I wanted to make it so that there was a clear leader of the Forsaken and a leader of the Horde, I don't think that being a racial leader and a faction leader on the Horde is the way to go.
    I see.
    I'm glad you like the naga, that was a bit of fanservice to me, since Warcraft 3 I have been dreaming about playing them, even if only on the strategy game.
    They were my favourite race in Warcraft 3.

    Also, one question. Why does Sylvanas burn a tree?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Nono, it was nothing like that, the start was a bit complicated but ill try to explain, N'zoth used an infiltrated spy on SI:7 to spread false intelligence regarding Sylvanas amassing an army on Arathi Highlands because she was scared of the Vindicar in case of a war (the Vindicar was "parked" on Stromgarde). Turalyon attacked her "army" and killed everyone before they could become a threat. In truth the army was an illusion by N'zoth and they were mostly civillian Frostwolves. The idea is to make the Alliance the unwilling agressors this time.

    I agree with you on the background vs potential story, but even so they could have made the void elves be the high elves and be done with it, instead they made them the blood elves and got everyone mad.
    Does not seem that different from what Blizzard did. Either way, you dumb down the SI:7 (which is supposed to be one of the most elite spy organizations in the world) for the sake of starting a war. Not that I can blame you, the Alliance is so morally pure that there are only a few ways they could start a war.

    Frankly I do not see the problem with Void elves originally being Blood elves. We know that they were always Alliance loyalists anyway, they never cared about the Horde, and there are several High elves scholars in Telogrus Rift interacting with them.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  9. #29
    I can't say that I know what are the full capabilities of Nathanos but from the ones shown so far he is nowhere near Tyrande. However maybe a trap or if he is not alone would help in his favor. These two characters can't go one on one against these two powerhouses. However with perhaps some good planning they could do something to even the odds with a good trap that might render their abilities useless or some army with them so Tyrande or Malfurion are fighting boss the Hero and an Army.

    Also you haven't mentioned if the Vindicaar is getting launched in the story.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2020-02-15 at 11:59 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    There was a redemptive moment for him when he cried over dead goblin bodies. He said that there is nothing more tragic than pointless death that doesn't give him money. Also, he didn't give some scrolls to Garrosh.

    As for the cannon, it can be used as an excuse for him retreating to N'yalotha and adding another zone where we kill him for real.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Well, you could have made Shandris a bit more rogue-esque or use Maiev.

    I see.
    They were my favourite race in Warcraft 3.

    Also, one question. Why does Sylvanas burn a tree?
    Sylvanas burns the tree because she has to, she knows that the Horde doesn't have the numbers to defeat the Alliance, she needs to use other weapons, she realizes that the attack on Darkshore wasn't enough to break their spirits, only a true act of horror will be enough, so she burns the tree. She also needs the Alliance to be angry enough to attack Undercity and fall into her trap. And she needs to "look good" to the other members of the Horde, she needs their support and she knows that N'Zoth will try to turn the Horde against her. After the attack on the Frostwolves the Horde wants blood.

    Thanks for your coments! I'm glad you like my ideas!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I can't say that I know what are the full capabilities of Nathanos but from the ones shown so far he is nowhere near Tyrande. However maybe a trap or if he is not alone would help in his favor. These two characters can't go one on one against these two powerhouses. However with perhaps some good planning they could do something to even the odds with a good trap that might render their abilities useless or some army with them so Tyrande or Malfurion are fighting boss the Hero and an Army.

    Also you haven't mentioned if the Vindicaar is getting launched in the story.
    Its obvious that Sylvanas needs a major trap to kill Malfurion, he is probably one of the strongest NPC's at the time, he was able to clear the Nightmare from Cenarius, a feat thought impossible before, but Tyrande is nowhere near as strong as Malfurion. If you use Warcraft 3 as a comparison let me tell you that Tyrande didn't gain any power up since then, as Malfurion was in the Dream until Cataclysm if I'm not mistaken, and it is confirmed that since he spent so long in the Dream he gained tremendous power.

    Nathanos is far stronger than most people think, before Legion he was already stronger than any Dark Ranger even with his deteriorating body, but the power up that he received in order to fight the Legion made him possibly one of the stronger characters on the Horde. He is pretty much a Death Knight, and for reference, the Death Knight player had the power to enter into the Ruby Dragonshrine and kill every single red dragon in there, probably without breaking a sweat. Nathanos was already exceedingly strong for a human, now imagine that powered up. I don't mean that Tyrande is much weaker than that, but my money would be on Nathanos.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Does not seem that different from what Blizzard did. Either way, you dumb down the SI:7 (which is supposed to be one of the most elite spy organizations in the world) for the sake of starting a war. Not that I can blame you, the Alliance is so morally pure that there are only a few ways they could start a war.

    Frankly I do not see the problem with Void elves originally being Blood elves. We know that they were always Alliance loyalists anyway, they never cared about the Horde, and there are several High elves scholars in Telogrus Rift interacting with them.
    If you look at real stories more often than not intel cannot be verified to 100%, people have to make the best decision based on the information available. After Legion people were worried about Azerite and the sword on Silithus, no one was expecting N'Zoth to strike with manipulations, and even if they were its not easy to completely verify the intel. In my story Turalyon goes there in person to verify the reports, that's as much as can be expected. Also most races are still living in a medieval sort of time, its not like in the real world where we have so much experience with this kinda stuff, and even so mistakes happen often.
    Last edited by Nephys; 2020-02-16 at 01:09 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Sylvanas burns the tree because she has to, she knows that the Horde doesn't have the numbers to defeat the Alliance, she needs to use other weapons, she realizes that the attack on Darkshore wasn't enough to break their spirits, only a true act of horror will be enough, so she burns the tree. She also needs the Alliance to be angry enough to attack Undercity and fall into her trap. And she needs to "look good" to the other members of the Horde, she needs their support and she knows that N'Zoth will try to turn the Horde against her. After the attack on the Frostwolves the Horde wants blood.

    Thanks for your coments! I'm glad you like my ideas!
    To be honest, I think Horde players would enjoy burning Teldrassil if Alliance attacked Frostwolves first.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Sylvanas burns the tree because she has to, she knows that the Horde doesn't have the numbers to defeat the Alliance, she needs to use other weapons, she realizes that the attack on Darkshore wasn't enough to break their spirits, only a true act of horror will be enough, so she burns the tree. She also needs the Alliance to be angry enough to attack Undercity and fall into her trap. And she needs to "look good" to the other members of the Horde, she needs their support and she knows that N'Zoth will try to turn the Horde against her. After the attack on the Frostwolves the Horde wants blood.

    Thanks for your coments! I'm glad you like my ideas!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Its obvious that Sylvanas needs a major trap to kill Malfurion, he is probably one of the strongest NPC's at the time, he was able to clear the Nightmare from Cenarius, a feat thought impossible before, but Tyrande is nowhere near as strong as Malfurion. If you use Warcraft 3 as a comparison let me tell you that Tyrande didn't gain any power up since then, as Malfurion was in the Dream until Cataclysm if I'm not mistaken, and it is confirmed that since he spent so long in the Dream he gained tremendous power.

    Nathanos is far stronger than most people think, before Legion he was already stronger than any Dark Ranger even with his deteriorating body, but the power up that he received in order to fight the Legion made him possibly one of the stronger characters on the Horde. He is pretty much a Death Knight, and for reference, the Death Knight player had the power to enter into the Ruby Dragonshrine and kill every single red dragon in there, probably without breaking a sweat. Nathanos was already exceedingly strong for a human, now imagine that powered up. I don't mean that Tyrande is much weaker than that, but my money would be on Nathanos.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you look at real stories more often than not intel cannot be verified to 100%, people have to make the best decision based on the information available. After Legion people were worried about Azerite and the sword on Silithus, no one was expecting N'Zoth to strike with manipulations, and even if they were its not easy to completely verify the intel. In my story Turalyon goes there in person to verify the reports, that's as much as can be expected. Also most races are still living in a medieval sort of time, its not like in the real world where we have so much experience with this kinda stuff, and even so mistakes happen often.
    And why does it have to be the SI:7 that constatly messes up, and not other spy orgamizations like the Farstriders, Deathstalkers, or Shattered Hand? Plus since Alleria and Magister Umbric work closely with the SI:7 (see how Alleria literally stood next to Shaw for the entire expansion), they should be able to find out the spy or at least discover that they were being deceived.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-16 at 09:20 AM.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Nathanos is far stronger than most people think, before Legion he was already stronger than any Dark Ranger even with his deteriorating body, but the power up that he received in order to fight the Legion made him possibly one of the stronger characters on the Horde. He is pretty much a Death Knight, and for reference, the Death Knight player had the power to enter into the Ruby Dragonshrine and kill every single red dragon in there, probably without breaking a sweat. Nathanos was already exceedingly strong for a human, now imagine that powered up. I don't mean that Tyrande is much weaker than that, but my money would be on Nathanos.
    Respectfully, I think you are unfamiliar with Tyrande and her background/feats. I posted them here

    Essentially, no Nathanios is nowhere near strong enough and the only way he could conceivably beat Tyrande in combat is if Elune withdrew her blessings entirely (Or Blizzard rewriting of lore, which I think you are trying to avoid) or this mysterious Jailer made Nathanios his avatar. The only human that has a shot of beating Tyrande, by feats, is Jaina- anything else is just silly.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    To be honest, I think Horde players would enjoy burning Teldrassil if Alliance attacked Frostwolves first.
    Agree, and that would change everything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And why does it have to be the SI:7 that constatly messes up, and not other spy orgamizations like the Farstriders, Deathstalkers, or Shattered Hand? Plus since Alleria and Magister Umbric work closely with the SI:7 (see how Alleria literally stood next to Shaw for the entire expansion), they should be able to find out the spy or at least discover that they were being deceived.
    The Rogue order hall on Legion is one of the 3 that I didn't do, so my knowledge of the matter is limited, but from what I know the Farstriders are Hunters, I'm not sure that the Shattered Hand even still exists? Are they led by Garona? The Dreadstalkers could be the Horde version of the SI:7 but I don't seem them very often.

    For my story I wanted for once to make the Alliance strike first for a change of pace, also, a lot of Alliance players want their faction to be more proactive. Turalyon has been fighting the Legion for thousands of hears, the man is not used to hold back, he sees his enemy and an opportunity and he strikes. Eventually they could be able to find the spy, but I think that for this story to work these things must happen.

    Thanks for taking the time to read my stuff and give your opinion!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybelda View Post
    Respectfully, I think you are unfamiliar with Tyrande and her background/feats. I posted them here

    Essentially, no Nathanios is nowhere near strong enough and the only way he could conceivably beat Tyrande in combat is if Elune withdrew her blessings entirely (Or Blizzard rewriting of lore, which I think you are trying to avoid) or this mysterious Jailer made Nathanios his avatar. The only human that has a shot of beating Tyrande, by feats, is Jaina- anything else is just silly.
    All those things are from the novels, I didn't read most of them, so I was not aware, but Knaack is known as the guy who completely screws the power level of his characters to the point that every writer after that has trouble working with his characters. But the fact is that it's lore anyway so we have to deal with it.

    She might be stronger than I thought, perhaps stronger than Nathanos, but I don't think the difference is that big, not even remorely close to the difference from Sylvanas and Malfurion.

  15. #35
    I really like this! I've noticed that you are an aspiring writer, so i'd like to suggest something, if you are interested. I am in a Discord group, we call it Altcraft, where we collectively attempt to rewrite Warcraft's lore starting with the end of Warcraft 3, fixing as many inconsistencies and problems we can find, while conserving much of the original plot and adding our own touch to it. We've figured out quite a lot, and we are quite sure on the order of events up until the Fall of the Lich King.
    I'd love if we could talk more. Please add me on Discord at Zenmaster#0068.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenmasterStar View Post
    I really like this! I've noticed that you are an aspiring writer, so i'd like to suggest something, if you are interested. I am in a Discord group, we call it Altcraft, where we collectively attempt to rewrite Warcraft's lore starting with the end of Warcraft 3, fixing as many inconsistencies and problems we can find, while conserving much of the original plot and adding our own touch to it. We've figured out quite a lot, and we are quite sure on the order of events up until the Fall of the Lich King.
    I'd love if we could talk more. Please add me on Discord at Zenmaster#0068.
    I would love to talk to you more, I have added you.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,765
    I liked what you wrote, was an interesting take and probably would've made for a more coherant story. Not that what we got wasn't coherant just yours is more.

    about midway through the expansion I was guessing that N'Zoth would be released at the end of the expansion and kill a whole lot of named NPC's. I also thought that Jaina, manipulated by N'Zoth, would force her way back into the good graces of the Kul Tirans by executing Thrall and Rexxar at the gates of Orgrimmar, which would have led Saurfang to drop his rebellion and join back up with Sylvanas

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I liked what you wrote, was an interesting take and probably would've made for a more coherant story. Not that what we got wasn't coherant just yours is more.

    about midway through the expansion I was guessing that N'Zoth would be released at the end of the expansion and kill a whole lot of named NPC's. I also thought that Jaina, manipulated by N'Zoth, would force her way back into the good graces of the Kul Tirans by executing Thrall and Rexxar at the gates of Orgrimmar, which would have led Saurfang to drop his rebellion and join back up with Sylvanas
    That would have been a very what the fuck moment! But it was not the way they were going with Jaina, Tyrande on the other way would not surprise me.

  19. #39
    5/10. Praise for effort, but poor execution--there are too many silly ideas in your outline, and your grammar needs work.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    5/10. Praise for effort, but poor execution--there are too many silly ideas in your outline, and your grammar needs work.
    Thanks for the praise! Some people have already given me some nice feedback, for instance no need to add a new nelf NPC where Maiev could fit perfectly.
    About the grammar, I'm not an english speaker and I wasn't too worried about not making mistakes but if you don't mind please point out some, as well as some ideas that you think are silly! I'm always eager to learn from my mistakes!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •