Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Now this needs to happen, but I have a feeling Blizz and Mezten would play it more subtly like "I'm still worthy..." with a coy smile instead of the exclamation and wide grin.

- - - Updated - - -

Chalk it up to Blizzard's martyring writing of Thrall. Nothing he does is good enough even though he's one of the noblest mortals on Azeroth.

Freed his people and took them across the sea to settle on a new land?

"THAT NO GOOD SON OF A BITCH SETTLED ON A SHIT DESERT WITH NO FOOD OR WATER EVEN THOUGH IT'S NEAR A FUCKING COAST! Fuck him, Garrosh was right!"

Saved the world from a screeching half-crazed, exploding dragon that broke the world?

"Oh, look at Thrall, thinks he's all high and mighty because he has the Dragon Soul! We're tired of him, Superman wannabe Go'el. Emasculate him and take away his hammer. Oh, and give MY SHAMAN the hammer!"

Thrall settles on Nagrand to a quiet life.

"Where's that green son of a bitch to beat up Sylvanas when we need him!? And fuck Baine."

Thrall decides not to become Warchief.

"What, so you're too good to be Warchief now, and you're sticking us with a stupid council!? #$%&, you can't never do nothing right, Thrall!"

We deserve the Thrall we got.
    well thats just blizzard trying to respond to the fickle and pedantic nature of the warcraft community. There headless chickens most of the time not knowing what they actually want. This makes the attempts to give them what they want become impossible because their never happy.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    His voice actor is no longer working for Blizzard, so he can't be a major plot person anymore. Although I do remember Metzen saying that he would like to still do voice acting jobs for Blizzard.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Wish granted. But he dies to the AU Garrosh and his Lightbound
    AU Garrosh can go fuck himself. I want OG manabomber.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    AU Garrosh can go fuck himself. I want OG manabomber.
    AU Garrosh can manabomb Geya'rah with the Enola Vindicaar Gay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    There have been MAAAANNNNNYYYYYY shamans in the warcraft universe who commited absolute atrocities (both vs mortals and vs elementals) and yet were still able to use shamanism.
    If you're talking about Mazrigos and Thok'feroth they're supposed to be Warlocks/Necrolytes; the Far Seer model was just a placeholder/representation
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I am also pretty sure that the issues Thrall faces are psychological, since the elemental do not usually care about who kills who. They have no morality that he could have broken.

During Garrosh's trial he was unable to accept that he was partly responsible for the things that his protégé did and he claimed that he could not have forseen what Garrosh would do, while people had constantly warned him about doing it and he brushed them off and stuck to his wrong decision.
    Be it out of pride or because of him wanting desperately to believe that Garrosh could be like Grom given the chance (after playing WC3 I have no idea how that would have been a good thing, but okay) Thrall has fragged up badly here, but it took him a long time to come to terms with it, maybe because he did not have the time to do it. The Legion came quite quickly after all.

Killing Garrosh and Garrosh's last words were likely the trigger. He realized that he had made huge mistakes and that shook his confidence. This in turn weakened his power, because the elements are not some benevolent shiny fairies that will work for anyone. They need to be tamed and controlled, if you do not have an iron will a Fire Elemental might just burn you instead of working for you. In such a way they are not very different from summoned demons.

A shaman negotiates between the Elements, and without the confidence to do so, they will ignore him.

So yes, he is definately weaker now, at least until he breaks out of his depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    AU Garrosh can manabomb Geya'rah with the Enola Vindicaar Gay

- - - Updated - - -

If you're talking about Mazrigos and Thok'feroth they're supposed to be Warlocks/Necrolytes; the Far Seer model was just a placeholder/representation
    I'm sure he has many bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Not enough. He should be nerfed to unrezzable death. In fact he should give his life to resurrect Garrosh.
    The only character that would work as Warchief today is AU-Drek'thar. Blizz just needs to write him as having left AU-Draenor for MU-Azeroth during WoD so he isn't aged badly.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is simply taking a backseat in the story at the moment. He was always pushed as the savior or "green Jesus" at the front of all the stories until Legion.

In terms of the OP, the story about him doubting himself and the elements seemingly abandoning him (due to killing Garrosh with them I think?) is just the way to write Thrall out of the major story. So he goes his own way and starts a family, maintains a home, blah blah.

Lore wise, I don't think he has lost his ability as shaman altogether. He could still be a shaman but unable to properly handle the elements. This sets up his arc on gaining his mojo back.

Now he is slowly coming back into the main story as a major character. I'd imagine Shadowlands will somehow rectify his arc with dealing with the elements and he'll be back to usual "For the Horde!" self by 11.0.

On a personal note I kind of dig self-loathing, cynical Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Yes sure, he sent them away on a planet already devoid of food(the grain literally withers into dust upon being grazed by Saurfang's hand), knowing full well that any good Tracker/Assassin would go to kill his family first to put him off and have him make his own mistake and make it easier to kill him. They're likely long dead.
    I dont think assassins who were cloaked would go for his family. They clearly planned for an ambush. Killing his family to 'put him off' very much ruins that approach.

Also for all we know he sent his fmaily to the Throne of the Elements or Garadar where they were heavily defended by furies or orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The only character that would work as Warchief today is AU-Drek'thar. Blizz just needs to write him as having left AU-Draenor for MU-Azeroth during WoD so he isn't aged badly.
    Rexxar. He even has a obvious character arc to get him to the position of warcheif material.

Thrall died out the day Metzen resigned.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    For the briefest moment I had a mental image of Thrall being found on Nagrand ragged and fat, only to force-grip Doomhammer out of our backpacks and proclaim
    Honestly wouldn't even be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I dont think assassins who were cloaked would go for his family. They clearly planned for an ambush. Killing his family to 'put him off' very much ruins that approach.

Also for all we know he sent his fmaily to the Throne of the Elements or Garadar where they were heavily defended by furies or orcs.
    Except we know the Elements are pissed at Thrall for his actions during Warlords and that's why they wouldn't even help him when the planet was in danger from the demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I am also pretty sure that the issues Thrall faces are psychological, since the elemental do not usually care about who kills who. They have no morality that he could have broken.

During Garrosh's trial he was unable to accept that he was partly responsible for the things that his protégé did and he claimed that he could not have forseen what Garrosh would do, while people had constantly warned him about doing it and he brushed them off and stuck to his wrong decision.
    Be it out of pride or because of him wanting desperately to believe that Garrosh could be like Grom given the chance (after playing WC3 I have no idea how that would have been a good thing, but okay) Thrall has fragged up badly here, but it took him a long time to come to terms with it, maybe because he did not have the time to do it. The Legion came quite quickly after all.

Killing Garrosh and Garrosh's last words were likely the trigger. He realized that he had made huge mistakes and that shook his confidence. This in turn weakened his power, because the elements are not some benevolent shiny fairies that will work for anyone. They need to be tamed and controlled, if you do not have an iron will a Fire Elemental might just burn you instead of working for you. In such a way they are not very different from summoned demons.

A shaman negotiates between the Elements, and without the confidence to do so, they will ignore him.

So yes, he is definately weaker now, at least until he breaks out of his depression.
    Yes, this is like Tirion being stripped of holy powers when he was exiled from Silver Hand, he couldn't channel light because he didn't believe that he can yet when he had to save Eitrigg his powers worked like before.

Metzen wanted to leave the role and they had to write him out, they offered him a ton of money and now he is back. Not too complicated lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Metzen wanted to leave the role and they had to write him out, they offered him a ton of money and now he is back. Not too complicated lol.

Controversial take incoming: I wish he was back in more than just a voice acting role.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except we know the Elements are pissed at Thrall for his actions during Warlords and that's why they wouldn't even help him when the planet was in danger from the demons.
    His wife is still a shaman that hasn't done anything wrong. Also furies =/= elementals. Not saying the furies would help him but they're more likely to aid then Azeorth's elementals ever would be purely becuase they're less angry.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    His wife is still a shaman that hasn't done anything wrong. Also furies =/= elementals. Not saying the furies would help him but they're more likely to aid then Azeorth's elementals ever would be purely becuase they're less angry.
    We know the Furies and the Elementals are linked, even expanding beyond dimensions, because Thrall used the Furies power on AU Draenor to kill Garrosh and the Elements on Azeroth refused to answer his call during the Legion invasion. Bottom line is we don't know what happened to Aggra, Durak, or the unnamed child after the events of Legion. I find it highly unlikely that Aggra put her two children in a position where there is little to no food that isn't tainted. Which leads me to believe they're either dead or Aggra left Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Controversial take incoming: I wish he was back in more than just a voice acting role.
    It has those parallels. Metzen wanted out both for health reasons and to spend time with his family, reflecting thrall losing his powers and wanting to raise a family. And now with things being kinda meh at blizzard, like it was meh in the horde, metzen comes back but in a lesser capacity or smaller role, like thrall is just being leader of the orcs and nothing else
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I agree, he needs to help with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Too weak. The Horde needs someone willing to slaughter their foes and flash biceps.