Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Let's back up a bit.

Assuming (If) RFE/RL is actually US propaganda arm (given that it is US-funded and US-controlled), are you okay with it being banned from broadcasting in any country for that reason? In a similar manner people argue Sputnik should be banned in US?
    Goalposts have been moved.

I'm not interested in playing these games. I provided links to back up my argument, I'll wait for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Goalposts have been moved.

I'm not interested in playing these games. I provided links to back up my argument, I'll wait for yours.
    No, that's the goalpost that have been set in the first message.

Are you of opinion that Voice of America and something like RFE/RL (or even BBC) were/are perfectly ok to be banned in various countries that do not actually fund them?
    You're the one trying to derail it with "but they are not actually propaganda" (though they certainly were, are, and will be - it's silly to deny that US does propaganda)

Initial message to which i responded seen funding as sufficient - that is certainly enough to require some organization to be registered as foreign agent both under US and Russian (modelled after US) law, and both RT and RFE/RL are registered as such.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2020-02-14 at 10:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know, plenty of people are saying they don't like actions of government in Russia, doesn't seem to be anything uniquely Western about it.
    And yet, any time I see criticism of the actions of the Russian government or Chinese government on western social media, every little shill comes out of the cracks and begins vehemently defending the actions of the government, no matter how terrible.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    And yet, any time I see criticism of the actions of the Russian government or Chinese government on western social media, every little shill comes out of the cracks and begins vehemently defending the actions of the government, no matter how terrible.
    People generally default to their own propaganda as "the way things actually are", know justifications for "their side" actions provided by it by heart, and see nuances to any situation given.

While outsiders see it from extremely reductionist one-sided perspective and don't care for nuance.

That is usual source of disagreements.

Your set of attack vectors against China and Russia is also extremely limited and rarely aligns with things that actual citizens care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The First Amendment is kind of important. They are our principles and why we afford them to those not citizens when within the United States. We've never lived up to them, but they are there. Me pointing out that yes, even a foreign government should be listened too. Like the time Saddam said he had no Weapons of Mass Destruction.
    This country is doomed and Russia just might finally win over us. Jesus christ people are actually defending this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Right. In the same way we make cigarettes have warning labels and we make political ads have "this ad approved by XYZ candidate". If something is dangerous or highly suspect in origin, the origins and content should be made clear to the end-user. If something is too dangerous then even speech can be limited, and there's no reason to preach about the "free speech" of the Russian government (or any other for that matter, even our own) and it's mouthpieces.

I don't really give two shits what Russia and it's mouthpieces think or have to say. Nothing coming out of their government is going to add to the discussion America needs to be having in a meaningful, helpful, or insightful way.

American citizens have a right to free speech, and last I checked, the Russian state was not an American citizen, and apologies, but I don't much care about the rights of people Russia has bought and paid for either. They are, as far as I am concerned, working for foreign powers against the interests of the USA. If your loyalty to America has a dollar value, you ain't an American.
    So exactly how much more Russian interference with this country will it take for you people to wake the fuck up and see what is happening?

People making this out to be a huge Fing deal when they've been doing exactly this in D.C. while ignoring and making excuses for things like Flint Michigan is the problem. But please stay concerned over some broadcast in rural America almost no one would listen too willingly.
    Let me guess? You are also one of those that think the disinformation campaign that happened in 2016, had very little effect on the election, aren't you?

People making this out to be a huge Fing deal when they've been doing exactly this in D.C. while ignoring and making excuses for things like Flint Michigan is the problem. But please stay concerned over some broadcast in rural America almost no one would listen too willingly.
    This is a huge fucking deal because it is fucking paid for by the Russian government with the intent to mislead and misinform citizens of this country. If you don't understand why this is an issue then I have to wonder about where your loyalties lie.

This is quite literally an attack on the United States by Russia and it isn't the first and most certainly will not be the last mostly due to ignorant people and shills like you.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2020-02-15 at 02:24 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Not nearly as much as skipping over and not Campaigning in the rust belt, but maybe that was those dirty red rusky as well.

- - - Updated - - -

It is quite literally not an attack by definition. McCarthyism died decades ago, why you all still fail to fall for it is very amusing.

Russia has huge international problems just like the US and China, and them using some rural radio station and ignoring the fact they are DOING THE EXACT SAME THING IN WASHINGTON D.C. just proves this is a nothing burger.
    Inbe4 "kansas radio muh russia is the reason biden lost!"

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Inbe4 "kansas radio muh russia is the reason biden lost!"
    Anyone notice how Trumpsters seem to like Russia?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Anyone notice how Trumpsters seem to like Russia?
    sure, in the same way i've notices the authoritarian left likes nazis.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Uhuh, sure, now if you don't mind I'll be over here while you drum up some evidence. You'll have to excuse me while I wait 30 years for it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Except we have seen how much Trump has changed the Republican party to support everything that Russia has been doing. Including ceding Crimea to Russia. You have seen the Tshirts at Trump rallies where they are actively supporting being Russian over Democrat. The NRA took MILLIONS to place ads for Republicans from Russians.

And your argument is entirely false, even though I know you were trying to say that Republicans don't like Russians because Democrats don't like Nazis.