Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Gotta wonder what happened to the Blizzard team which only needed to balance through 1.24% buffs/nerfs instead of whole "lowered damage by 40% rofl sorry guys"
    Where have you been last few years, when Karazhan and Cathedral went into m+ rotation in Legion whole swaths of abiliities were nerfed by up to 90% because they were completely not planned with m+ in mind, they were designed to be dangerous on m0 and when people started doing +20 and above they were absolutely bonkers. Seat of Triumvirate remained a mostly dead key and even m+ enthusiasts could only clear it on a couple of levels less than everything else (post nerfs).

Corruption "balancing" same story, resembles legion lengedaries balancing where sephuz went from the worst trash to bis for some specs. Worst part is now you can cleanse a corruption that is trash only to see it buffed next week and your previous op one nerfed to the ground. "Rofl sorry guys" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

There are M+ nerfs that were needed, like that SoB nerf which makes Fortified weeks unbearable. This though? Absolutely unnecessary.
    Can you tell me how to make SoB bearable with bolstering? It's the worst shit dungeon ever when it come to bolstering mobs up to 1st and 2nd boss. After 2nd boss this instance feels way easier.
    Don't understand why they've nerfed this shit in other dungeson, yet forgot about SoB.

DPS is not a bottleneck. It just isn't. More than ever and this is something I think is a legitimate complaint, your route will make or break the run which entirely depends on tanks. ML with the new affix is a shining example. Clearing the right mobs up the first boss can and will grant you enough percentage to the point where you can skip killing almost nothing to the last boss, saving many minutes as opposed to the traditional route. But that does require in-depth knowledge of the dungeon.
    People that even lookup theory-crafted routes online are not "average M+" players anymore. Your "I'm so average and can do this" stance is really not working out anymore. Obviously you put a lot of thought into this, which is much more then average players do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    People that even lookup theory-crafted routes online are not "average M+" players anymore. Your "I'm so average and can do this" stance is really not working out anymore. Obviously you put a lot of thought into this, which is much more then average players do.
    I timed ML 15 last reset by guiding a tank about what to pull and where to pull by mostly guessing it all as I am not a tank and never cared to do the research they ought to do.
    Try again.

MDT is not some high-end rocket science. It provides all you need it with few clicks (I've never used it myself so I wouldn't know). That is not high effort. That's the basic minimum you need to do if you care to do semi-challenging content. Once again, all this comes down to people aiming low and expecting heavenly saccharine in reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Can you tell me how to make SoB bearable with bolstering? It's the worst shit dungeon ever when it come to bolstering mobs up to 1st and 2nd boss. After 2nd boss this instance feels way easier.
    Don't understand why they've nerfed this shit in other dungeson, yet forgot about SoB.
    Bolstering is nasty in SoB, I failed a 15 this week. It could use a nerf or two more on some specific mobs but overall it's fine at the moment. It's definitely the early HoV of Legion.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2020-02-14 at 10:01 AM.

What about unable to target explosive if you’re attacking 2or more mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I disagree with you here. The new affix feels like it eats more time than beguilling, and the proof of that is that a lot of my runs are close to deplete or depleted, even with good dps.
    Then you're either dying a lot, or we have very different ideas about what "good dps" is. You still need decent dps, but you don't need balls to the wall 70k smashers to time a 15. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by vivel View Post
    What about unable to target explosive if you’re attacking 2or more mobs
    Everyone, including healers, should be targeting explosive orbs as soon as they come out. You can live through one going off in a pull, but two is probably a wipe. Tab target spam, mouseover click, whatever method works for you, but explosive is top prio when they're out.

Part of the problem I see with the Awakened affix (and this is playing around with MDT and only running 1 +10 so far) is that I think the Awakened affix should give more % so you are able to skip more mobs. I ran Motherlode and only one we used as a skip was last affix up to the boss. Prior to that we still needed to clear all the mobs to get a decent enough %. Granted this is with the tank we had (as I ran dps that one).

I guess for that instance maybe clear more of the starting trash since it's easier and then skip more towards the end.

Then again there are some dungeons that have just enough mobs to hit the % like Mechagon Workshop since every time I clear it (under +10) we end at 102% and the last pack has a few. So using a skip there wouldn't work unless they amped up the % so it'd be usable because I'd skip the very last pack on some weeks.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-02-14 at 04:29 PM.

I timed ML 15 last reset by guiding a tank about what to pull and where to pull by mostly guessing it all as I am not a tank and never cared to do the research they ought to do.
    Try again.

MDT is not some high-end rocket science. It provides all you need it with few clicks (I've never used it myself so I wouldn't know). That is not high effort. That's the basic minimum you need to do if you care to do semi-challenging content. Once again, all this comes down to people aiming low and expecting heavenly saccharine in reward.
    It's truly impressive how completely tone deaf you are to how smugly arrogant you are portraying yourself. Sorry dude, your sample size of genetically superior gamer buddies is not representative of the M+ community as a whole and Blizzard is not beholden to your personal opinion of what constitutes a necessary nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see the nerfs to the fear/fleshbeast guy in particular. It didn't really make sense to me that he was so much harder than the other three. Still not unbeatable or anything but compared to the spiderboss he was ridiculous. All the minibosses should be similar in difficulty IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Part of the problem I see with the Awakened affix (and this is playing around with MDT and only running 1 +10 so far) is that I think the Awakened affix should give more % so you are able to skip more mobs. I ran Motherlode and only one we used as a skip was last affix up to the boss. Prior to that we still needed to clear all the mobs to get a decent enough %. Granted this is with the tank we had (as I ran dps that one).

I guess for that instance maybe clear more of the starting trash since it's easier and then skip more towards the end.
    I agree the Lt. should count for more percentage, but yeah a solid strat in ML is to basically clear nearly everything before the first boss; you should be around 65% when you pull first boss. After that you can skip nearly all the trash minus for what you need to kill around/to the remaining obelisks. Since the initial trash is easy af ML is one of the nicest dungeons with this affix IMO cos you can skip a lot of annoying or slow packs elsewhere.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Since the initial trash is easy af ML is one of the nicest dungeons with this affix IMO cos you can skip a lot of annoying or slow packs elsewhere.
    Do you really think so? I thought the first trash was the most annoying, there's lots of stuff that needs to be kicked, those guys jumping in the mech need to be CCd, there's pats roaming around and not a lot of space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Do you really think so? I thought the first trash was the most annoying, there's lots of stuff that needs to be kicked, those guys jumping in the mech need to be CCd, there's pats roaming around and not a lot of space.
    As long as you have interrupts, I think it's the easiest section. It's annoying, but it's fast and also not very deadly. Most of the other sections are more of a threat and/or are slower to clear. Space not being an issue is really only an issue in a couple places because you're clearing out almost the whole area. If you have people prone to body pulling, I'd just pull pack to an already-cleared section.

All the trash in motherlode is kinda annoying but I think clearing the first area and using skips everywhere else is probably optimal for time.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |