Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - February 14, 2020

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - February 14, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Battle of Dazar’alor
      • Lady Jaina Proudmoore now drops 2 Glacial Tidestorm mounts (was 1) when defeated on Mythic difficulty.
    • Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      • N’Zoth the Corruptor now drops 2 Ny’alotha Allseer mounts (was 1) when defeated on Mythic difficulty.
        • With these mounts becoming quite rare once Shadowlands comes out, taking 20 weeks or more for a full Mythic raid group to get the mounts felt excessive.

Horrific Visions
    • Reduced the health of enemies for groups of 2 or more that include at least 1 healer.
      • Developers’ note: We expected that groups with a healer would gain efficiency by taking more risks, but we've found that this gain is offset by healers shifting focus from damage to healing as group size increases, so we're adjusting creature health accordingly.
    • Stormwind
      • Alleria Windrunner
        • Darkened Sky now drains 40 Sanity (was 60 Sanity).
        • When the Trade District bonus objective is complete, Chains of Servitude is now cast once during the fight (was twice).

Items and Rewards
    • Corrupted Items
      • Fixed an issue which prevented items from being forged with the +12 Corruption version of Ineffable Truth (Corruption Effect).

Player versus Player
    • The upcoming Teeming Islands Brawl has been replaced with Temple of Hotmogu.
    • Temple of Hotmogu Brawl’s bonus movement speed and haste have been increased to 50%.

WoW Classic
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the player to disconnect from the game while waiting in a long queue for a Battleground.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    With these mounts becoming quite rare once Shadowlands comes out, taking 20 weeks or more for a full Mythic raid group to get the mounts felt excessive.
    Excuse me, what the fuck?

Many expansions worth of mythic only mounts and they decide this now? Why?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    With these mounts becoming quite rare once Shadowlands comes out, taking 20 weeks or more for a full Mythic raid group to get the mounts felt excessive.

Obviously so guilds can start selling the mount quicker. Moore tokens being sold

Isn't it obviously? it's so raiders can quit that much sooner once they get their mounts.

My guess are the amount of unsubs. Changes like these bring the collectors back and hopefully keep them subbed.

People are sick and tired of it.

I didn't get CE BoD myself, so having actual incentive now to go back and clear that raid is kind of nice.
    Granted being 2 tiers worth of gear over Jaina cheapens any sense of thrill for killing it, but that mount is pretty cute.

My guild was already toying with the idea of setting aside an extra night for Jaina Mount runs, now there's 2x the pay off.

How much do mythic mounts usually sell for? will the price decrease closer to Shadowlands release?

They're rushing Shadowlands arent they?

Glad to see the vision change. The group scaling is fucked up, especially with mob damage on 5 man, making soloing them much easier. It's a step in right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They're rushing Shadowlands arent they?
    sounds like that to me. which is fine with me. if they release it Q4 2020 Im going to be way too busy playing my new video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    My guess are the amount of unsubs. Changes like these bring the collectors back and hopefully keep them subbed.
    I'm not naive; I sincerely believe that Blizzard makes a lot of decisions with the goal to stretch out subs for as long as possible, either by luring people back or convincing people to keep playing with a carrot on the stick, but this particular change seems the complete opposite of that.

Mythic raiders will have less reason to keep raiding past their initial clears with this change. That means people unsubbing to an expac sooner. Granted, the amount of mythic raiders is very small so perhaps this number is negligible, but it's something. And as far as collector's who pay for carriers to mounts, again, it sort of is more in line with the mythic raiders. With more raids finishing their own mounts faster (and having the ability to sell two per raid), you're going to have a lot more opportunities to buy the mount, get the mount sooner and cheaper, and then take a sub break until the next tier. There's less reason to stay subbed, not more.

The only scenario in which this might increase subscribers instead of decrease them (or decrease them sooner than they would have otherwise decreased anyway) is if there are people who will resub to the game just because it takes half the time to get a mount now. I personally doubt that anyone is going to pay a monthly fee to get a mount in a game that they don't otherwise play or care about, especially in the context of having to join a mythic raid team in order to get a mount three months from now instead of the previous six. If you don't like WoW and aren't playing it, it's probably pretty low odds that you're going to care about mounts in the game even if you're a collector-type, much less a change that simply makes it quicker to get but still not particularly easy.

In this instance, the reasoning they've given makes the most sense to me. I don't mythic raid so I don't have a dog in this fight, but five months of farming a raid just to get everyone in the raid who worked hard on downing the boss does seem objectively like a way too long of a time. Why this change came now and what motivated it I couldn't say -- although as I mentioned above this doesn't seem like a keep-folks-subbed change to me -- but IMO 2.5 months makes a lot more sense than 5 anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

People are sick and tired of it.
    There's really not much keeping collectors this expansion. People aren't even bothering farming the raids from the previous patches because the armour sets look so shit. No one uses them either.

Legion class sets on the other hand, I see a lot of people using them and I still see plenty of groups farming them.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    How much do mythic mounts usually sell for? will the price decrease closer to Shadowlands release?
    No clue on the actual price currently, but it will almost definitely go up in price the closer to Shadowlands release we get. When a new expansion comes out these mounts switch from 100% (or I guess 200% now) to 1% drops.

This community is hilarious, Blizzard can do nothing right.

1 mount drop per week: “Blizzard is stringing us along for subs!!”

2 mounts per week: “Guilds can start selling mounts for gold sooner which means more WoW tokens sold!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    No clue on the actual price currently, but it will almost definitely go up in price the closer to Shadowlands release we get. When a new expansion comes out these mounts switch from 100% (or I guess 200% now) to 1% drops.
    What about in 10-15 weeks after the main raid has their mounts?

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

Shadowlands out in less than 20 weeks?

Guys, i can't remember... were there 2 mounts at some point in the old 25-men format?
    Maybe it was just cleaning 10+25 to get 2 mounts per week... goddamn memory

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So...

Shadowlands out in less than 20 weeks?
    Not even close. October/November is my guess. Not even any mention of a FnF Alpha that I am aware of, let alone a Closed-then-Open Beta.

This is way overdue. I always feel bad for the newer recruits because they may never get their mount. 20 mounts for 20 original people means 5 months of farming, which means that if you kill the boss late someone will get screwed over.

10 weeks is much, much better and believe it or not, people that can stick together to kill end boss of a zone usually don't shit on each other as soon as they get what they want.

Why am I not surprised that some people somehow can twist dropping an extra mount into a secret even scheme by Blizzard.