Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    only hard thing about classic is to not go mental lvling up

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm just glad this bullshit meme pushed for years about how Vanilla was a pinnacle of skill and shit died in fire.
    People like to invent quotes to push their narrative. Nobody said "Vanilla was the pinnacle of skill". They said it was a better game. And it is. And that's why there are no shortage of players playing it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post

I can hit 1-120 2 days. You aren't cheesing 1-60. Modern wow is 99% of the game is faceroll. The 1% (mythic raids) is difficult. No way in hell LFR is harder than classic raids. MC is a joke, but once AQ and Naxx hit, people aren't going to be spewing this nonsense.

You don't need to understand classic players. You're just looking for a reason to bitch about it. Checkers is an easy game. People still play it though. Just like people buy old preloaded game systems. Because newer isn't always better and older isn't always worse.

And again, 90% of retail players are playing easy raids. Very few are playing mythic. And you get gear from retail just for logging in that is more than enough for normal and heroic raids.
    OMG, this is too good. If only you realised this is EXACTLY what people said about BWL. When MC was steamrolled in an hour, some clowns said "it means nothing, you just wait for BWL! youll see! its mythic difficulty or higher!" And now those same clowns are saying "BWL was nothing, you just wait for AQ and NAXX!" Tens of THOUSANDS of players steamrolled BWL in 1-3 hours the day of release. AQ and naxx will provide very little more in the way of challenge.

Please, PLEASE tell us all about this loot you get "just for logging in" to retail. PLEASE, im sure we are all dying to know about the mailbox full of 420+ loot we get just for logging in. Do you know some trick that no one else does?

- - - Updated - - -

People like to invent quotes to push their narrative. Nobody said "Vanilla was the pinnacle of skill". They said it was a better game. And it is. And that's why there are no shortage of players playing it.
    tell that to the players begging for server mergers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Man... now if only the classic playerbase could get this through their heads about retail players. But alas, that will likely never happen and they will continue coming to threads based on an aspect of BFA just to trash talk BFA and its players.

- - - Updated - - -

If by "fun and adventurous" you mean bland, slow, and unnecessarily time consuming, then sure.
    The irony in these back to back posts is over 9000
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Yes it's far easier because classic is vanilla after the sequence of nerf patches and retunes had been made leading up to the final state.
    Yep, a patch made moving out of fire not hard...

And i've dies WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more times in classic than retail.
    I don't think that's true. Progressing on mythic N'zoth alone would probably net you more deaths than all the vanilla progression and farm raids combined.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    tell that to the players begging for server mergers.
    The only people begging for merges are on retail, oh wait, they already merged all the servers because it's a ghost town with barely anyone playing lmao.

Dude, we get it, you don't like Classic. That's fine, no one is forcing you to play it. Please go play your garbage retail and stop talking delusional crap on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I would never play a game developed by a company that I hate.
    Classic is a good representation of a good relic from a time when Blizzard was... not as it is today. Having to pay Blizzard for it is unfortunate, but a lot of people are willing enough to make this small compromise in order to play something that they see as being genuinely good. It's no surprise that they feel they have little in common with the Retail crowd.

People don't play classic because they want a challenge. They play it because it's an mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    The only people begging for merges are on retail, oh wait, they already merged all the servers because it's a ghost town with barely anyone playing lmao.

Dude, we get it, you don't like Classic. That's fine, no one is forcing you to play it. Please go play your garbage retail and stop talking delusional crap on the forum.
    I think it's misguided to assume that everyone who has issues with Classic must be in love with retail. It's not that black and white.

I for example hate most things about retail except the actual raid encounters and the way they challenge me.
    I love most things about Classic except how all the raid encounters are dog shit , piss easy and an insulting to your intelligence.

I play classic, why are some of you pretending to be classic fans while very clearly obsessed with retail? You force it into any conversation you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    People don't play classic because they want a challenge. They play it because it's an mmorpg.
    It depends on how you define "challenge." I've read posts where people describe the challenges they faced playing vanilla, which still exist today in classic. These "things" that may challenge them may not challenge you or I.

I play classic, why are some of you pretending to be classic fans while very clearly obsessed with retail? You force it into any conversation you can.
    Sure you do, I also play retail.

Sure you do, I also play retail.
    I play both, and enjoy both for what they are - imo, the two most flawed iterations of the game. I pretty much only raid in BFA now, and tbh, thats about all i do in classic now too, just because i can have a few beers, watch netflix, talk shit, afk whenever, it really doesnt matter, and that is a nice change from demanding and challenging content that requires full attention.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's misguided to assume that everyone who has issues with Classic must be in love with retail. It's not that black and white.

I for example hate most things about retail except the actual raid encounters and the way they challenge me.
    I love most things about Classic except how all the raid encounters are dog shit , piss easy and an insulting to your intelligence.
    I agree with this, however, having played vanilla extensively, i have no interest in exploring or adventuring in classic - been there done that. I also raided a lot, and still raid in BfA, however one is a very social and relaxed, with nearly all my enjoyment coming from interacting with friends and talking shit while drinking some brews and watching netflix, youtube, and afking whenever i like, including during bosses - no one cares, we are all there to just walk over the content and enjoy a relaxed environment. The other side of the coin is enjoying BfA for the high difficulty, and more structured environment (one that i as raid leader control, so this is by design, not accident).

To be honest, we only last a couple of weeks in Classic before most go back full time into retail. For me, its because although "new" content seems exciting, two things happen when we enter the first time - 1) we are immediately hit with nostalgia, which lasts about 5 minutes before it wears off, and 2) when a raid of players like us, non PS players, only a few played in vanilla, walk in and just clear the entire raid with 1 or 2 wipes, it really doesnt compare to the feeling of killing a boss that is actually challenging.

For me, classic raids are like a squash match - Tyson Fury vs That guy from work who breathes real loud and picks his nose

For me, classic raids are like a squash match - Tyson Fury vs That guy from work who breathes real loud and picks his nose
    So you're saying I should fight Mike Tyson?

So you're saying I should fight Mike Tyson?
    No, I'm saying you would lose to Tyson fury.

No, I'm saying you would lose to Tyson fury.
    Oh, I read Tyson and my mind automatically goes to Mike
    OT as hell but there you go

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    These raids are 15 years old.
    I love how this concept goes over so many people's heads. With all the real and fake comparisons to retail and "which one is harder", considering how old the raids are and how many videos there are out there of how to low-man or cheese the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I love how this concept goes over so many people's heads. With all the real and fake comparisons to retail and "which one is harder", considering how old the raids are and how many videos there are out there of how to low-man or cheese the bosses.
    I love Classic, but even back during Vanilla we carried like 10+ bads(I'm looking at you Lokii, Broy, Karlanna, and Myelin) into Naxx with us and my guild was primarily a PVP guild who PVE'd just for gear. Prior to 4 Horsemen raiding in Vanilla was only ever difficult because of bad players or not knowing the strats. Even the top guilds on servers had worthless shitbirds wasting a couple raid spots.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2020-02-25 at 12:11 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

MC is a joke, but once AQ and Naxx hit, people aren't going to be spewing this nonsense.
    no offense, but that was told about BWL and is now said about AQ and NAXX
    (actualy people were even telling how world first clear of MC will take months before it was devastated)
    and AQ and NAXX will fall the very day of their release too...