Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's easy. The difficulty was always around how long everything took. Took forever to level to 60. Takes forever to get pre-raid bis set. takes forever to get actual tier 1 bis, tier 2, tier 3, etc. It is just slow.

The truth is that the raids of the classic have always been easy, the difference was the skill and ability of players to understand mechanics. Nowadays players deal with things that are much more complex and challenging than they used to be, so it's only natural that classic just becomes easier.

Look at all these bellends who think "lol the raids are mechanically simple" matters to anyone.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by sarkayan View Post
    The truth is that the raids of the classic have always been easy, the difference was the skill and ability of players to understand mechanics. Nowadays players deal with things that are much more complex and challenging than they used to be, so it's only natural that classic just becomes easier.
    Pretty much this, as well as I will throw in hardware issues that came out in the time. Honestly, I use to play this game at like 15 fps and major lag. It would have been unplayable with modern fight mechanics.

And this is true for every single game. Think of league of legends. Think about the toolkit of the champions at the time. It was a SUPER SIMPLE game mechanically and look at the champions being released now. There is no way in hell you could play a champ like aphillios or whatever the fuck his name is

short answer :yes.

The thing is the released the game in a way that everyone was at endgame level uppdates, meaning people have far better gear than they should have. This makes a huge difference in specially healing and dps.

I am fairly sure that all exp would be too easy if you took the endpatch and made sure all nerfs all "fixes" where in there from the begning. and that is classic, not too mention the changes they have done.

I'm not sure easy is the right word. Simple, yet unforgiving.

And it becomes less simple and more unforgiving as you move on in raids.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you really only care about endgame dungeons and raids then yeah it's pretty easy by today's standards.

But even if it's simple I still think it's fun. I personally like the slower pace of classic, often in retail everything happens so fast there's not much time to just stop and smell the roses.

In particular I love leveling and running dungeons in classic, but yeah not a fan of PvP or raiding. To be fair though I think I'll enjoy raiding a lot more with ZG, AQ20, and AQ40.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2020-04-24 at 06:46 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I feel that the community kinda lied to the players that came in fresh. Classic was painted as this hardcore super difficult game compared to a dumbed down super easy retail when in reality it's the complete opposite. Classes have like two buttons to press if they're lucky and bosses have almost no mechanics.

Unless you're extremely horny for the best gear in the game with as little challenge as possible I can't really see how anyone could enjoy this version of raiding for very long. Struggle is kinda important for things to feel meaningful, even in a video game.
    Most people don’t want significant amounts of mechanical complexity in their RPG. You misunderstand what players are looking for.

Nobody ever said classic raids were mechanically complex. That’s just a made up straw man that people trot out.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

It depends what you mean with "easy".

The raids are mechanically extremely easy.

However, the management of the game in general can be argued to be pretty difficult. Being a guild master in classic is probably a more complicated task than being a guild leader in retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Most people don’t want significant amounts of mechanical complexity in their RPG. You misunderstand what players are looking for.

Nobody ever said classic raids were mechanically complex. That’s just a made up straw man that people trot out.
    This. Personally I like mechanical complexity, but I completely understand if other people don't like it. Classic WoW and Retail WoW are just two very different games based on the same universe. They shouldn't necessarily be compared.

how can morons still discuss if classic is too easy or not?!

yes it doesnt require good performance and has its difficulty rather in organisation.

But guess what? That makes classic so good. You can play with any friends and enjoy raids,dungeons etc together.
    On Retail you cant do this.

I cant raid mythic or do a +19 key with my casual brother who plays 3h every 3rd week. But at the same time because of powerlvl increase through gear/essences stuff and knowledge doing appropriate content for him which would be normal raid or mythic +5-10 is painful boring for me.

Classic is a real mmorpg, bfa is excellent what it is but it definitely isnt a mmorpg.

Classic is Classic.

It's unchanging, static content.

It's easy, no one's really saying otherwise. But calling it "too easy", is kinda pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Players are lot more skilled these days, good internet connections good PCs lots and lots of knowledge. Classic raid bosses have 1-4 mechanics its not hard for people who are used to be dealing with lot more and complicated mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    I do hope that TBC sees some minor changes to make bosses a bit more challenging, while not pushing it too far.
    Depends on which version we get.

If we get the release-ish version of Magtheridon, Gruul, the Eye and Serpentshrine those were pretty hard (and buggy) raids. They got heavily nerfed as the expansion went on, especially those hilarious 1 hour trash respawns. Assuming they do the same classic thing and just release the Sunwell patch the bosses will be quite easy. Black Temple was never a hard raid and never will be. Sunwell is fairly tough though.

We didn't really see modern mythic tuning until Alone in the Darkness 25 in Ulduar.

Classic WoW is a relic of old content. Asking the question "Is Classic too easy?" is just nonsensical.

If you want white knuckle raids, wait for TBC. Vanilla was sort of difficult, raid wise,back in the day. But even then 15 players went afk during boss fights and still managed to down them. Vanilla was far more difficult in other ways. Grinding levels, farming, roaming elites and long elite quests (real elites not the push overs we have now in retail), long dungeon romps. Just because they amp mythic+ current raid boss with x1000 gimmick mechanics blah blah blah, doesn't make the current overall content difficult. Very far from it. Classic is far more focused on the 1-60 journey.

i don't think its too easy, there is more optimisation of people with easier access to information compared to 2006

I feel like it's easy yes, I wish we could have a had a progressive patch release though, talents and gear at launch were so bad that I was curious to see if Ragnaros would live a bit longer.

It is as hard/easy as it was back in the day. Which is what everyone asked for. The difference is foresight.

The problem is one of syntax. Let's not pretend the community narrative for the last decade hasn't been some flavor of "the game is so dumbed down, streamlined and easy now. I miss the old days."

Begging Blizzard for Classic was never about difficulty it was about agency and base complexity. It was about gating, community, and a sense of achievement. Retail doesn't have these things for the average player. Retail has challenge & prestige for the top .1% and accessibility for the bottom 90%. Those in the middle of the bell curve are left to rot. Fewer abilities & stats to play with, professions are meaningless. Most players are reduced to queuing in cities and collecting items. There's nothing within reach to master.

Nobody liked hit capping, expertise, defense rating, attunements... but these things were benchmarks of your mastery of the game. Replacing that +50 hit blue caster robe from CoT: Dark Portal was difficult because.. sure you had a better robe now but where were you going to make up the balance of your hit? Mastery that was achievable and meaningful. These were incremental achievements, gateways to the next achievement. Complexity in retail comes from external boss mechanics, outside of the player's agency. That lack of base complexity is what people miss, even if they groan when they load up Classic and realize they can't use Smite's Hammer because their 2h mace skill is 1/300.
    Last edited by wildcardNS; 2020-05-01 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

The base game is easy, that's why the meta is to speedrun in 2020. If you're only talking about clearing out the content, then yes, it's a 15 years old game and it was made for people that weren't able to communicate over voice and has massive amounts of lag due to their bad Network.