Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Where does this delusion come from that practise is this huge factor when it comes to pressing 1 button and defeating bosses with one ability?
    It contextual to what he said. He said BWL is easy because some guilds are clearing BWL sub 45mins. Those guilds have been practicing. How quickly did your guild clear BWL without practice?

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    You're talking about the BEST guilds in the world who have been farming BWL for 15 years.
    almost 900 guilds cleared in on day one, somehow i doubt all of them spend last 15 years playing bwl on private servers...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    almost 900 guilds cleared in on day one, somehow i doubt all of them spend last 15 years playing bwl on private servers...
    Regular guilds are clearing it. Its not hard, but clearing it sub 45mins isnt the same as clearing it in 3-4hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly.

/10char
    But no one said they did lol. No one said 900 guilds were practicing for 15 years.. Thats a non-sequitur.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Classic has extremely little content if you're not a raider or a serious PvP:er, however I'm beginning to feel that the content it does have is way too easy. Raids are cleared the first reset by most guilds and then you're back to raid logging for farm raids that are almost as easy as LFR is in retail.
    It doesn't give you a sense of accomplishment and the character progression is extremely slow, with new gear upgrades coming at you about once a month.
    It's starting to feel like, what's the point if there's no challenge?
    Normal and HC raids are cleared as well in 1st week. For mythic it took 8 days or so. Yes, granted it was done by world top guilds but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Regular guilds are clearing it. Its not hard, but clearing it sub 45mins isnt the same as clearing it in 3-4hours.
    sure, but after MC falling like house of cards forums were flooded with people claiming that MC was easy it will take weeks for casual guilds to take BWL down, and here we are, casuals clearing it in 3-4h instead of weeks...
    and now ofc the goalpost is moved to AQ being the raid that will take weeks to clear, and im sure after first day of AQ the new goalpost will be naxx

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic PVE has been extremely easy so far, I've canceled sub until ZG/AQ - that will be MAYBE a little bit fun.
    Don't forget we have 1.12 talents and gear which is a HUGE power creep compared to original timeline, so these early content are bound to be very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Normal and HC raids are cleared as well in 1st week. For mythic it took 8 days or so. Yes, granted it was done by world top guilds but still.
    yeah first week, not first hour

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Classic PVE has been extremely easy so far, I've canceled sub until ZG/AQ - that will be MAYBE a little bit fun.
    Don't forget we have 1.12 talents and gear which is a HUGE power creep compared to original timeline, so these early content are bound to be very easy.
    sorry to dissapoint you, but it will not, not even naxx will hold longer

yeah first week, not first hour
    Well many guilds did normal within hours as well as hc, some both...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    And this is most important thing...

I assure you, your guild isnt any where near top 100 in clear time, nvm the 42mins he initially referenced.
    Who said anything about clear time? I'm talking about being able to clear the raid in one evening, be it in 40 minutes or 4 hours.

But no one said they did lol. No one said 900 guilds were practicing for 15 years.. Thats a non-sequitur.
    And no one claimed BWL was easy because some guilds can clear it in 40 minutes, we claimed it was easy because most guilds could clear it on day one.

I have no idea where this 40 minute thing became part of the discussion. It's irrelevant for 99% of the playerbase.
    Last edited by Echocho; 2020-02-14 at 10:34 AM.

This may come as a shock, but WoW has ALWAYS been easy. Even back when vanilla got released it was looked as extremely casual when compared to other MMORPG's at the time. In retail the only somewhat challenging content are mythics which only a very small percentage of the playerbase does.

Ask yourself how does this game function? There are two major bars ro look at, health and ressource, theres coordination, and there are different actions done by spells. The time vanilla was made the complexity was just to manage the bars and coordination, the mechanics were not based around much action. The raiding mechanics are much more complicated now, its just the whole picture is flawed, rushed and commercialized.

yes its very easy as current content, it was quite hard back then (getting people together to not stand on shit and do some tactics).

I feel like the classic community let itself down by pushing this pure vanilla experience instead of asking for raids to be buffed by at least 100% and make them a bit more challenging.

For now it is what it is, I hope they learn for TBC and they actually buff raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The 10 year anniversary of WoW, with LFR Molten Core, was the thing of absolute nightmares for collectors... and is a testament showcasing how stupid people in LFR are.
    You should've seen the 15 year one then. Supreme wipers being Defile on LK and Adds on Ragnaros

Ofc it's easy. It's largely Blizzard's fault though: all the changes that made the game easy over it's lifespan are implemented. Talents, upgraded gear, just straight nerfs/fixes to the content and here you go.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that people i know that are very casual are still playing Classic.
    Most hardcore players moved back to retail for some pvp/raids.
    Maybe they find retail too complicated and love the basic of Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I know its cute to say 'lol u can finish LFR in a coma with no brain activity' but LFR has had mechanics that matter for a while now. As a recent example Wrathion's Scorching Blister explosions absolutely still kill if you fail at it in LFR. Even as far back as Throne of Thunder, Durumu had to be done correctly in LFR or you wiped.

So yeah, Classic is in fact easier than LFR and people wiping the floor with BWL in 42 minutes is proof in the pudding. Sorry/not sorry.
    Your "proof" makes no sense. If you want to compare difficulties then you need to look at the same group of people doing both kinds of content.
    And if you do that, you cannot argue that BWL is easier than lfr. BWL is just easier for the worlds best players than lfr is for the worlds worst players. That says absolutely nothing about it's difficulty.

If you would send the standard unbuffed, ungeared, uncoordinated group of lfr players into bwl they would die a horrible death. Because nearly every trash or boss mechanic, while simple, actually kills your raid quite quickly when screwed up. That's just not the case in lfr, except for some very rare exceptions that got nerfed the second Blizzard saw raids wipe to them.

BWL is similiar to todays normal mode. The mechanics are generally easier and far less complicated, but deadlier for the entire raid and you have to coordinate 40 people instead of 10-30.

Comparing classic to lfr is the same sort of hyperbole as comparing classic to mythic raiding was before classic launched.
    Last edited by owbu; 2020-02-14 at 10:53 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Classic was never hard, it was time consuming and slow paced. Classic by modern standards is a bad game in all aspects apart from two: Character progression and realm communities.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You should've seen the 15 year one then. Supreme wipers being Defile on LK and Adds on Ragnaros
    Least those were straight to the boss, MC had the entire thing and could take 3 hours just to do 1 run.