Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Players are lot more skilled these days, good internet connections good PCs lots and lots of knowledge. Classic raid bosses have 1-4 mechanics its not hard for people who are used to be dealing with lot more and complicated mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    I do hope that TBC sees some minor changes to make bosses a bit more challenging, while not pushing it too far.
    Depends on which version we get.

If we get the release-ish version of Magtheridon, Gruul, the Eye and Serpentshrine those were pretty hard (and buggy) raids. They got heavily nerfed as the expansion went on, especially those hilarious 1 hour trash respawns. Assuming they do the same classic thing and just release the Sunwell patch the bosses will be quite easy. Black Temple was never a hard raid and never will be. Sunwell is fairly tough though.

We didn't really see modern mythic tuning until Alone in the Darkness 25 in Ulduar.

Classic WoW is a relic of old content. Asking the question "Is Classic too easy?" is just nonsensical.

If you want white knuckle raids, wait for TBC. Vanilla was sort of difficult, raid wise,back in the day. But even then 15 players went afk during boss fights and still managed to down them. Vanilla was far more difficult in other ways. Grinding levels, farming, roaming elites and long elite quests (real elites not the push overs we have now in retail), long dungeon romps. Just because they amp mythic+ current raid boss with x1000 gimmick mechanics blah blah blah, doesn't make the current overall content difficult. Very far from it. Classic is far more focused on the 1-60 journey.

i don't think its too easy, there is more optimisation of people with easier access to information compared to 2006

I feel like it's easy yes, I wish we could have a had a progressive patch release though, talents and gear at launch were so bad that I was curious to see if Ragnaros would live a bit longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is as hard/easy as it was back in the day. Which is what everyone asked for. The difference is foresight.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is one of syntax. Let's not pretend the community narrative for the last decade hasn't been some flavor of "the game is so dumbed down, streamlined and easy now. I miss the old days."

Begging Blizzard for Classic was never about difficulty it was about agency and base complexity. It was about gating, community, and a sense of achievement. Retail doesn't have these things for the average player. Retail has challenge & prestige for the top .1% and accessibility for the bottom 90%. Those in the middle of the bell curve are left to rot. Fewer abilities & stats to play with, professions are meaningless. Most players are reduced to queuing in cities and collecting items. There's nothing within reach to master.

Nobody liked hit capping, expertise, defense rating, attunements... but these things were benchmarks of your mastery of the game. Replacing that +50 hit blue caster robe from CoT: Dark Portal was difficult because.. sure you had a better robe now but where were you going to make up the balance of your hit? Mastery that was achievable and meaningful. These were incremental achievements, gateways to the next achievement. Complexity in retail comes from external boss mechanics, outside of the player's agency. That lack of base complexity is what people miss, even if they groan when they load up Classic and realize they can't use Smite's Hammer because their 2h mace skill is 1/300.
    Last edited by wildcardNS; 2020-05-01 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

The base game is easy, that's why the meta is to speedrun in 2020. If you're only talking about clearing out the content, then yes, it's a 15 years old game and it was made for people that weren't able to communicate over voice and has massive amounts of lag due to their bad Network.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want challange ? Go ZG 10man or mc 20 ony 10 or smth like that.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Want challange ? Go ZG 10man or mc 20 ony 10 or smth like that.
    not really a challenge most of the time your doing that anyway, just means it takes longer not that the content is harder.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Everything about it is easy yeah, from raids to class mechanics. I still think its hilarious when boomers parse their auto attacks or one button rotations like it means anything.

Some of it is easier such as raid mechanics but it’s far more unforgiving to mistakes.

Secondly, the mechanic of threat is something that makes every fight infinitely harder than in retail where it is impossible to lose threat really.

Retail needs to bring back threat mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Some of it is easier such as raid mechanics but it’s far more unforgiving to mistakes.

Secondly, the mechanic of threat is something that makes every fight infinitely harder than in retail where it is impossible to lose threat really.

Nah, "removing" threat was something good.

try and play with absolutely no addons.

Classic is very easy, the only challenge is relying on others to do their jobs in dungeons and raids.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

See, I feel the opposite about threat, where this is more appropriate, IMO: "threat makes fights infinitely more annoying".
    It's not hard because of anything other that poor design around classes, tool kits, and the ability to use them.

Skill level required to play any level of Classic is not very high, and that was kind of the point.
    WoW was the "casual" (read: "easy") alternative to the MMO scene.
    But, with awkward systems and poor balancing, you ran into situations that just felt more frustrating than anything.
    As a tank, you can't afford to take many GCDs off or the lock is gonna peel off of you (or they will just peel anyway, if they are better geared since there's next to nothing you can do outside of taunt).
    If anything, you could look at it as it promotes "bad" gameplay in that people need to slow their DPS, or even stop altogether, so tanks can catch up, which is just doing other things outside of their optimal play to accommodate systems that punish them for playing "the right way".

I find things that are more skill-based to be more challenging than things that are "well, deal with something broken and make the best of it", but maybe that's just me.
    Threat was never like that because it was something that just passively accrued over time; it wasn't very interactive or all that interesting, and without addons (the unfortunate crutch of the game), it was harder to understand various threat levels.

And this comment is in no way saying retail is a "better" game or anything (for anyone else who wants to murder me for being a retail baby or whatever), just simply stating Classic's threat management was not exactly my cup of tea in terms of fun, engaging, or challenging gameplay, and bringing it back wouldn't improve much, to me anyway.

I don't think wow classic is 'too easy'... I haven't reached 60 yet and me and my guild didn't try any raids yet, so I was just curious to ask people who can stitch the pieces together better than I could.

So you are telling me that pressing escape and stop attacking is so much harder that doing mechanics like lets say , mythic xanesh orb , aszhara rune dancing, actually any mechanic from heroic even. If you honestly think that tank and spank with pressing escape require any kind of skill or intelligence higher of an amoeba's , you are either a troll or dellusional.

If I were to take your post seriously and answer that, threat generation in vanilla limits the playstyle of every class other than healers. It is not an art of expertise to not overaggro the tank, it forces you to NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS. No matter how you take it , it cripples you and the entire raid if anything.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2020-06-12 at 07:08 AM.

It's not easy at all