Poll: Marriage: I do or I don’t and what are the best months?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Marriage: I do or I don’t

Marriage what say you, I do or I don’t?

I do

If you’re married. What’s your experience for those who decide to say I do?

Lastly

If you get married or have what’s are the best months?

I thinking April in the spring and what not.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-02-16 at 12:52 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Always get married in the summer for the best guest results since it's warmer. Mid-May to Early June. [May 15th-June 14th]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

There's no benefit for a male to get married.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    <answers follow>
    Marriage what say you, I do or I don’t?

Married once. I number my fiancees over the past 20 years to make stories easier -- there have been 1, 2, 3, and 2.1 so far.

If you’re married. What’s your experience for those who decide to say I do?

Overall, positive. Just be prepared to adjust to changes in life over time. I was married for something over 20 years.

If you get married or have what’s are the best months?

Pick a time and place that have meaning to the two of you. Keep in mind who you want most to attend so that you don't have a conflict in schedules.

May all go well for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by the game
    Well, by that analysis there is probably even less reason to stay alive. After all, you're going to die and somebody is going to take all your stuff! YMMV, but I'll stick with a couple of quotes I often find useful:

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win.
    Robert Heinlein

He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his desserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all!
    James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Well, by that analysis there is probably even less reason to stay alive. After all, you're going to die
    I agree with you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

If I were to get married, it'd be at the city hall without any bells and whistles.
    I choose the first option for that reason, but I'd be open to marriage if I met someone and we wanted to protect one-another in the case of one partner dying.

If I were American, I wouldn't marry at all, period. But I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Oh just male why is that? What about marriage specifically is "anti-male"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh just male why is that? What about marriage specifically is "anti-male"?
    "Blah blah if you get divorced she gets half the stuff" probably..

OT: Eh, don't much care for it, but I can see why some people would want to.

Husband and I have been married 14 years, together 22 years this July. My experience has been great, 22 years later and we are still happy and love each other dearly.

We got married July 1st at the courthouse and then had a reception in our back yard.

So stupid to get married in the current age.

If you get married as a male you will get screwed if it will not work out (what is like 80% in 2020) with the current law system in place to protect the females.
    Just have a girlfriend and when you or she gets tiered of the situation everybody can go their own way without any stupid law destroying your financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There are plenty of benefits for a male to get married
    What benefits do you get out of marriage what you did not have as boyfriend and girlfriend? The only thing marriage does is get the government involved into your relationship.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-02-16 at 07:34 PM.

I've been married for 5 years and they have been the best 5 of my life this far.
    And if you remained boyfriend/girlfriend the last 5 years would that had impact on the situation you are in right now?
    I find it pretty funny that you think that the marriage is the main factor of your happy years instead of the person you spend your time with.

married, happy about it, never gave that much thought as to best months for a wedding. wedding =/= marriage btw, one is the rest of your life (hopefully) while the other is an arbitrary party. when we got married, all we cared about was whether people we wanted to be there - had that day free. I will say this much - spring and summer are more popular which may mean higher prices for absolutely everything bridal or whatever. (but then again, when we got married, we didn't much bother with most wedding trappings, so /shrug)

random note - we both knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. we didn't need a paper to tell us that we can go ahead and get started. we got married officially because contrary to all the claims - being married in US is in many ways beneficial to both of you vs NOT being married. tax deductions are highest when married, filing jointly (and taxes themselves are easier to file). getting both of you covered with medical insurance is easier. if something happens to one of you, getting to a hospital and whatnot - is simple and you don't have to fight with nurses for them to let you in. and so on and so forth. there are other ways to get those legal documents, but its more complicated and involved than a simple marriage license. this is assuming that you are not both assholes who are expecting your relationship to fail before it actualy fails. but... if you really want to be prepared for that eventuality? prenup is a thing that exists. utilize it. or.. don't get married. honestly, its not skin off my back either way, but when people approach marriage like its a trap, its just... sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gentlemen, set your sights higher.

Why is there an assumption that you're going to be at the top of the heap? If you're that worried about "your stuff" you can always try to find someone who has "her stuff". There are women who have education, careers, and investments who are just as likely as you to succeed. The mythology, however, is that it is always the guy who is in danger of losing something.

Apologies, I wanted to offer a counterpoint, but let's not derail too much into a banned topic.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    "Blah blah if you get divorced she gets half the stuff" probably..

OT: Eh, don't much care for it, but I can see why some people would want to.
    I think people forget that if the woman makes more... the man gets part of that too lol.

Month is irrelevant. Been married, really wouldn't bother with it again. Artificial social construct designed to wrap middle man fees into the picture if you decide you're no longer a good match. Not to mention the wedding ceremony itself.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Lol! Actually there are great benefits for it. Just need to find the right person. Statistically, married males are healthier and live longer. Does not apply to females however. I have seen studies which also show that a male widower, do not handle being alone near as well as a women do after one of the married couple dies.

And I have no issues at all with saying " I do". And keeping my married vows, are very important as any vow or commitment I make.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Yes they would have. I would not have qualified for many things, including making my wife an American resident on the path to citizenship for one example. There are many more benefits given to married couples as well
    But that's not most people though if you don't need to bring your significant over to the US or for some kind of military benefit there really is no need for the average person to be married. There is no tax benefit either if anything you lose money a lot of time by filling together instead of separate.

getting married in current times is nothing but waste of time.

im in a very long relationship and dont plan to change my partner but it doesnt mean that i need some potentialy problematic piece of paper (in case of divorce) to legitimize my relationships in eyes of people .

I got married on leap day, so 4 years married this month.... or is it one?

I'm pretty ambivalent towards marriage. I think if I was in a long term relationship and it was something she really wanted to do then I'd be willing to do it. But I'm also fine just never getting married.