Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Classic PTR added to my Bnet Launcher

It wasn't there yesterday, anyone can confirm this ?

I have it aswell, probably something they wanna test about a classic phase patch.

Same here ... no shadowlands though.

Why would they add a ptr for a version of the game that is not supposed to change at all... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Why would they add a ptr for a version of the game that is not supposed to change at all... weird.
    it's not about making changes, it's about making sure they actually don't have changes when it goes live.. because they don't have an exact 1.12 client, but only a reference PTR will make sure there will be as few bugs that weren't in Vanilla and changes that weren't in Vanilla go live

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    it's not about making changes, it's about making sure they actually don't have changes when it goes live.. because they don't have an exact 1.12 client, but only a reference PTR will make sure there will be as few bugs that weren't in Vanilla and changes that weren't in Vanilla go live
    Supposedly this, but they also haven't had a PTR until now, so we don't know for sure.

I'd be in favor of a system like RS, where people vote for changes and only 75%+ votes in favor results in a change happening.

No matter what happens, 1.12 Classic is on borrowed time - the playerbase is going to be split up when Naxxramas is done and Blizzard goes for the next step in Classic, whether it's a separate Classic+ server (unlikely) or a separate TBC server (likely). I can't imagine they'll start developing Classic and keep it on one server, yet again creating the need for 1.12 private servers.

PTR is now some convoluted form of communication more than bug/balance investigation.

PTR-testing Classic is some next-level bullshit. Next thing you know is a BNet Website PTR for a new sub-forum

15+ Year Old Account
    With a 15 year aging process in OS’s, vastly improved hardware, mismatched clients/patches/content it has to happen.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Supposedly this, but they also haven't had a PTR until now, so we don't know for sure.

I'd be in favor of a system like RS, where people vote for changes and only 75%+ votes in favor results in a change happening.

No matter what happens, 1.12 Classic is on borrowed time - the playerbase is going to be split up when Naxxramas is done and Blizzard goes for the next step in Classic, whether it's a separate Classic+ server (unlikely) or a separate TBC server (likely). I can't imagine they'll start developing Classic and keep it on one server, yet again creating the need for 1.12 private servers.
    well they didn't have it because they were thinking along the same lines that there's no need for it cuz they won't be doing any changes and that they will be able to make the game as close to how it used to be as possible. Seems like that latter part is challenging, so PTR can help with that

as for TBC etc. i think they'll keep classic servers running and launch separate TBC servers

as for TBC etc. i think they'll keep classic servers running and launch separate TBC servers
    Yes, like I said, that's likely. However, it'll still split up the playerbase, as a part (most, to begin with) will go to the TBC servers, while a part stays.

Yes, like I said, that's likely. However, it'll still split up the playerbase, as a part (most, to begin with) will go to the TBC servers, while a part stays.
    Splitting up the playerbase doesn't really matter, As long as they're paying the monthly subscription
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

again splitting the playerbase doesn't matter.. in classic(and tbc) there's no such thing as cross realm, so as long as there are enough players on your realm it doesn't matter

again splitting the playerbase doesn't matter.. in classic(and tbc) there's no such thing as cross realm, so as long as there are enough players on your realm it doesn't matter
    Well yeah, that's what I'm talking about. You don't think all the players are going to go from the same server, do you? Most non-huge servers will be deserted for a few weeks/months when TBC launches. Some smaller servers won't recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Splitting up the playerbase doesn't really matter, As long as they're paying the monthly subscription
    Uh ok.

Well yeah, that's what I'm talking about. You don't think all the players are going to go from the same server, do you? Most non-huge servers will be deserted for a few weeks/months when TBC launches. Some smaller servers won't recover.

Uh ok.
    well you can just combine servers then

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    PTR-testing Classic is some next-level bullshit. Next thing you know is a BNet Website PTR for a new sub-forum
    All they are testing is the roll out of the next phase. Which is probably a good idea, that had some issues in the last tries.

Hate to break it to you but #nochanges has been out of the window since launch basically.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Hate to break it to you but #nochanges has been out of the window since launch basically.
    that's just not true, but i think if you could read you'd see that i said that they were making the game as close as possible to the reference. Everyone with even half a brain knew they will not be able to make it exactly like it was, but they definitely tried and are still trying

that's just not true, but i think if you could read you'd see that i said that they were making the game as close as possible to the reference. Everyone with even half a brain knew they will not be able to make it exactly like it was, but they definitely tried and are still trying
    So implementing new measures to combat the premade cancer is not a change ?

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    So implementing new measures to combat the premade cancer is not a change ?
    well i was talking more about design and features, not something that just changes the algorithm of ques.. it didn't change anything about the game itself, just made it so people couldn't que up with 40 people into a BG

well i was talking more about design and features, not something that just changes the algorithm of ques.. it didn't change anything about the game itself, just made it so people couldn't que up with 40 people into a BG
    That algoritme maybe a back end change it has a profound impact on the way premades work. Its part of the design of ranking. A very fundamental one aswell.