Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do Classic players take the game more seriously than Current?

Some context:

I did a huge pause on MMORPG's and made a comeback today with Classic.
    My experience was...peculiar...and very funny

Decided to do Warsong Gulch as a level 55

1) Everyone on the BG was either Orc or Undead

2) Both enemy and friendly players were extremely focused and with tactics
    NOTE: I used to do Battlegrounds all day in current WoW...and "this" was nothing like it.
    In current WoW, is a complete crap show of people doing whatever.
    In this level 59 bracket...omg...everyone was so coordinated. WTF am i witnessing (i thought)

3) Enemy players with macros to cross-faction talk and be toxic/funny

4) Free Action Potions....yes...i saw levels 59 using FAP's

Was expecting Derpy Derp players walking around warsong gulch and fighting mid...got into a fight with trained soldiers and mass murderers.
    Does anyone feel Classic players take the game more seriously? From your different experiences?

Did you try to play RBG in current wow?

Sometimes I queue for pugs since I'm done ranking and I've noticed some trends

Used to be that back in the day people chose their class/race/spec very arbitrarily. Nowadays if you see a human male mage with his helmet/cloak on display you know he's a shitter 99% of the time.

And about toxicity, if you join a battleground to mess around and someone calls you out for not playing the objectives... It isn't them that are being toxic, it's you.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-02-14 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Sometimes I queue for pugs since I'm done ranking and I've noticed some trends

Used to be that back in the day people chose their class/race/spec very arbitrarily. Nowadays if you see a human male mage with his helmet/cloak on display you know he's a shitter 99% of the time.

And about toxicity, if you join a battleground to mess around and someone calls you out for not playing the objectives... It isn't them that are being toxic, it's you.
    I find the cross-faction talking more funny than toxic tbh
    But man...everyone was so....prepared and focused. I was not expecting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Did you try to play RBG in current wow?
    Rated BG's?
    That is a normal place to be competitive. This was a low level random BG.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Rated BG's?
    That is a normal place to be competitive. This was a low level random BG.
    You're being willfully ignorant if you're trying to compare a level 59 BG which is full of players who are twinked out in a version of the game where that's the only option for competitive play to a max level random BG, which has the majority of the playerbase since only a select few will actually stop their XP gain for pvp, you know...non-casuals.

I'm happy you're enjoying classic, but you people who love classic love to paint your context favorably; a prime example comparing raiding in classic to LFR in retail, as if LFR was ever marketed as being difficult in the first place.

If you want to compare your example to retail you should compare it to RBGs.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    You're being willfully ignorant if you're trying to compare a level 59 BG which is full of players who are twinked out in a version of the game where that's the only option for competitive play to a max level random BG, which has the majority of the playerbase since only a select few will actually stop their XP gain for pvp, you know...non-casuals.

I'm happy you're enjoying classic, but you people who love classic love to paint your context favorably; a prime example comparing raiding in classic to LFR in retail, as if LFR was ever marketed as being difficult in the first place.

If you want to compare your example to retail you should compare it to RBGs.
    You think they were all twinks?
    Yeah...its possible...not sure though...ill pay more attention once i login in a couple minutes.

And btw, there is no "xp-lock" in Classic WoW (that i know of).
    You simply get no XP in battlegrounds...unless you do quests (from my understanding).

I still dont know why i should compare RBG's to the level 59 bracket of classic WoW.
    Unless you are right and they are all twinking...

Some context:

1) Everyone on the BG was either Orc or Undead

2) Both enemy and friendly players were extremely focused and with tactics
    NOTE: I used to do Battlegrounds all day in current WoW...and "this" was nothing like it.
    In current WoW, is a complete crap show of people doing whatever.
    In this level 59 bracket...omg...everyone was so coordinated. WTF am i witnessing (i thought)

3) Enemy players with macros to cross-faction talk and be toxic/funny

4) Free Action Potions....yes...i saw levels 59 using FAP's

Was expecting Derpy Derp players walking around warsong gulch and fighting mid...got into a fight with trained soldiers and mass murderers.
    Does anyone feel Classic players take the game more seriously? From your different experiences?
    "I did a huge pause on MMORPG's"
    "Decided to do Warsong Gulch as a level 55"
    I'm sorry man but I lost it after reading this. A few months (1 or 2 more likely) is by no means a "huge pause".
    OT: Classic BG's seem to be more organized than BFA bg's for the most part.
    Simply put; people that actually want to play classic will put forth noticeably more effort than someone who plays casually in BFA. Classic REQUIRES grinding to do well. BFA does not (not on the same level anyway).
    It's refreshing seeing people do so well in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    "I did a huge pause on MMORPG's"
    "Decided to do Warsong Gulch as a level 55"
    I'm sorry man but I lost it after reading this. A few months (1 or 2 more likely) is by no means a "huge pause".
    OT: Classic BG's seem to be more organized than BFA bg's for the most part.
    Simply put; people that actually want to play classic will put forth noticeably more effort than someone who plays casually in BFA. Classic REQUIRES grinding to do well. BFA does not (not on the same level anyway).
    It's refreshing seeing people do so well in Classic.
    Didnt WoW CLassic launch like...august last year?

Its only been 2 months? Nah...it cant be...feels like forever dude

snip
    There are ultra casual players in retail, and super hardcore ones aswell.

There also are ultra casual players in classic... whilst others are super hardcore.

*GASP*

OH NO.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    There are ultra casual players in retail, and super hardcore ones aswell.

There also are ultra casual players in classic... whilst others are super hardcore.

*GASP*

OH NO.
    You are missing the entire context...
    There could be an easy explanation for my context...but still...you are missing the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The launch of classic wow attracted severely depressed people who are trying to capture a 15 year old high. These people usually have inadequacy issues, as such, they feel that if they are not sweating and putting 100% effort into being “the best” 100% of the time, they will lose the only thing in their life that gives them some sort of purpose.
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2020-02-14 at 09:58 PM.

To answer this question lets have a look at the highest PvE gameplay.
    Watch Limit's Race to World First Nyalotha
    Watch Apes BWL Clear

In retail: raid leader seems to know everything about the instance and fights even though it was just released and they had to theorycraft everything within their guild, watch assignment calls how everything is sorted. Players develop their own boss mods/weak auras.
    In classic: raid leader doesnt have a clue about half the stuff " I CANT SEEE THE TIMERS!1111, ROGUES ROGUES ROGUES ROGUES GOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO, IM GOING TO STAND THERE AND IDGAF IF I KILL YOU ALL!11111", it looked like players (especially rogues) had no idea what they were doing, warrior died and afked half the trash even though the raid leader UI was showing that he could take the ress.

Summary: Classic players are not serious at all. You can compare best guilds classic has to offer to LFR retail crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    The launch of classic wow attracted severely depressed people who are trying to capture a 15 year old high. These people usually have inadequacy issues, as such, they feel that if they are not sweating and putting 100% effort into being “the best” 100% of the time, they will lose the only thing in their life that gives them some sort of purpose.
    Weak gaslighting attempt, and your avatar looks like something out of "Silence of the Lambs"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    To answer this question lets have a look at the highest PvE gameplay.
    Watch Limit's Race to World First Nyalotha
    Watch Apes BWL Clear

In retail: raid leader seems to know everything about the instance and fights even though it was just released and they had to theorycraft everything within their guild, watch assignment calls how everything is sorted. Players develop their own boss mods/weak auras.
    In classic: raid leader doesnt have a clue about half the stuff " I CANT SEEE THE TIMERS!1111, ROGUES ROGUES ROGUES ROGUES GOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO, IM GOING TO STAND THERE AND IDGAF IF I KILL YOU ALL!11111", it looked like players (especially rogues) had no idea what they were doing, warrior died and afked half the trash even though the raid leader UI was showing that he could take the ress.

Summary: Classic players are not serious at all. You can compare best guilds classic has to offer to LFR retail crowd.
    the difference is: in Classic you can actually have fun doing most content in the game.

In Retail: you have to hunt down the fun like its an endangered species.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2020-02-15 at 01:07 AM.

Some context:

A level 55....

Even if you got to level 55 the day after Classic was released, that's not a "huge pause".

LOL. What a dumb thread.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post

the difference is: in Classic you can actually have fun doing most content in the game.

In Retail: you have to hunt down the fun like its an endangered species.
    If by "fun" you mean being able to complete everything in the game even though you don't have properly working brain then I have to agree with you. Classic is full of "fun". I know this might be very hard to understand assuming you will be able to ever understand this but challenge is what makes games fun for some people.

The difference is the content is so easy that slackers and bads like me can join a relatively coordinated guild and hide. I've had leaf quest for about 10 weeks and I haven't even started. Think I could do that in retail with anyone competent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You never have to worry about the meta shifting in classic so naturally anyone who put 2 seconds of research in chose the best class/race. Retail constantly changes and whats best now wont be next patch and sometimes people just love the spec they're playing and dont want to follow that FoTM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Topics like this don't make me hate Classic, but they come damn close.

'r playrs mor srs n classc??'

'r teh raidz hardur in clasic??'

'is comoonity frendliur in clasicc?'

Its like some of you pro-classic types literally CANNOT enjoy the game unless you get some bullshit validation from randoms on a forum that Classic was either more difficult or has nicer people or prettier skies or shinier water. Christ.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-15 at 02:17 AM.

Yes, because live wow and classic wow are two separate games, I think live is dogshit centered around collecting mounts, pets and transmog. I prefer the older version.
    A lot of people have an issue with that.
    Classic WoW.

Minmaxing in classic is the dumbest shit