Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    If by "fun" you mean being able to complete everything in the game even though you don't have properly working brain then I have to agree with you. Classic is full of "fun". I know this might be very hard to understand assuming you will be able to ever understand this but challenge is what makes games fun for some people.
    If by "challenge" you mean getting enough lucky rng to get the right corrupted items so you don't have to pay 1+ million on it to avoid getting benched, then yes retail has plenty of challenge. I know this might be hard for you to understand but if challenge is all that mattered in making the game fun then we would all be playing Battletoads.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If by "challenge" you mean getting enough lucky rng to get the right corrupted items so you don't have to pay 1+ million on it to avoid getting benched, then yes retail has plenty of challenge. I know this might be hard for you to understand but if challenge is all that mattered in making the game fun then we would all be playing Battletoads.
    Corrupted items are not the real reason why you got benched. You are bad player, that's why.

I think many players that have not yet left classic are tryhards, which is why it seems that way.

I logged in again for 2 hours last night after not playing it for 2 months to screw around a little.
    People claim that rankers are only a very small portion, yet out of 6 wsg's, 5 were premades.

I can safely say that I take Classic in the same seriousness as when I used to play Retail.

On Retail I was always a tank (from TBC onwards, Vanilla I was a healer), a raiding tank, which means 95%+ raid attendance, due to the nature of the role. Now in Classic I'm playing ranged DPS, but my mentality as a raider hasn't changed at all. I sign up early in the week so the Officer team can make the group comp, I show up on time, fully buffed (DM, Ony), with full consumables (Major Mana pots, Spellpower elixir, Dark Runes, food buff for some fights), and I give my 110% out of respect for my guild & fellow raiders.

It doesn't matter what game you're playing, whether it be Classic, Retail, playing B-ball with your mates at the local park, or any other game with organised group content - sportsmanship is a personal character trait, a virtue if you will. It is part of who you are and defines you as a person, like most virtues (thank you Aristotle for figuring this shit out for us). In my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I did a huge pause on MMORPG's and made a comeback today with Classic.

[...] as a level 55
    Looks like a huge pause...

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Weak gaslighting attempt, and your avatar looks like something out of "Silence of the Lambs"...

- - - Updated - - -

the difference is: in Classic you can actually have fun doing most content in the game.

In Retail: you have to hunt down the fun like its an endangered species.
    No. You are wrong. Using the evidence you quoted, retail is full of people that are on the cutting edge. They learn new content, create their own tools to help them and everyone is expected to know their role as well as another couple incase there is relevant class stacking available.

Classic players don't need to know their role, they dont need to make their own tools. They can successfully navigate the hardest content while being unprofessional about it.

I'm sure both groups have fun but it is obvious that one group is actually doing it right. That's the group that is innovating and pushing boundaries. Not the group that don't know how to enter an instance properly and choke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Classic is 10 times better than retail. Obviously the game (including) bgs are more fun.

how did you come back today and also have a level 55? Hrmm

No one takes Classic more seriously than the people who come here to shit-post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No one takes Classic more seriously than the people who come here to shit-post.
    Im quite surprised...i didnt think this subforum was so full of rage...

I was expecting people saying stuff like:
    -"Classic is a niche community of old players, so they know what they are doing"

Or maybe some reasoning for the pvp to be like this. Maybe they were all twinks or something, i dont know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Topics like this don't make me hate Classic, but they come damn close.

'r playrs mor srs n classc??'

'r teh raidz hardur in clasic??'

'is comoonity frendliur in clasicc?'

Its like some of you pro-classic types literally CANNOT enjoy the game unless you get some bullshit validation from randoms on a forum that Classic was either more difficult or has nicer people or prettier skies or shinier water. Christ.
    What if i told you i didnt have an agenda when i made this thread?
    I was genuinely surprised after month without logging in.

Not everything is a conspiracy theory. Take some pills for that please.

You seem unhappy in this thread but you seem happy in vanilla threads shit talking the game.
    The surprise...it seems.....YOU have an agenda.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-02-15 at 12:11 PM.

Some context:

My experience was...peculiar...and very funny

Decided to do Warsong Gulch as a level 55

1) Everyone on the BG was either Orc or Undead

2) Both enemy and friendly players were extremely focused and with tactics
    NOTE: I used to do Battlegrounds all day in current WoW...and "this" was nothing like it.
    In current WoW, is a complete crap show of people doing whatever.
    In this level 59 bracket...omg...everyone was so coordinated. WTF am i witnessing (i thought)

3) Enemy players with macros to cross-faction talk and be toxic/funny

4) Free Action Potions....yes...i saw levels 59 using FAP's

Was expecting Derpy Derp players walking around warsong gulch and fighting mid...got into a fight with trained soldiers and mass murderers.
    Does anyone feel Classic players take the game more seriously? From your different experiences?
    well I would asume...if the classic players...uhm...play classic,that it goes without saying that they take classic more seriously than current...unless they play both equaly,witch i dont think is posible,if your raiding you proly have to take bfa more seriously as its more time consuming,but if you pvp and want rank 14 you will need to focus on classic more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    The launch of classic wow attracted severely depressed people who are trying to capture a 15 year old high. These people usually have inadequacy issues, as such, they feel that if they are not sweating and putting 100% effort into being “the best” 100% of the time, they will lose the only thing in their life that gives them some sort of purpose.
    or maybe it attracted people that enjoy that version of the game,and dont want extreme levels of rng with their game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solero View Post
    Classic is 10 times better than retail. Obviously the game (including) bgs are more fun.
    thats an insane statement,first off,its not only a subjectively wrong statement,but likely an objectively wrong one to say classic is 10 TIMES BETTER,classic offers a few things better than bfa,but bfa offers far far more,ofc people who rly enjoy the stuff in classic may not care about the stuff in bfa,personaly i cant play an mmo where the raiding is easier tha bfa's lfr

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well I would asume...if the classic players...uhm...play classic,that it goes without saying that they take classic more seriously than current...unless they play both equaly,witch i dont think is posible,if your raiding you proly have to take bfa more seriously as its more time consuming,but if you pvp and want rank 14 you will need to focus on classic more

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe it attracted people that enjoy that version of the game,and dont want extreme levels of rng with their game?

- - - Updated - - -

thats an insane statement,first off,its not only a subjectively wrong statement,but likely an objectively wrong one to say classic is 10 TIMES BETTER,classic offers a few things better than bfa,but bfa offers far far more,ofc people who rly enjoy the stuff in classic may not care about the stuff in bfa,personaly i cant play an mmo where the raiding is easier tha bfa's lfr
    This isnt my opinion, its a fact.

Classic is 20 times better than retail.
    Last edited by Solero; 2020-02-15 at 01:39 PM.

There is absolutely a difference in tone as well as greatly different proportions of player segments. In vanilla the majority of players were just playing to have fun, with the "serious" players pushing the latest raid content and pursuing GM/HWL being something of a minority (it wouldn't surprise me if they were a single-digit percentage of Vanilla's population). It feels like that's been flipped in Classic, with a large portion (or even the majority) being tryhards (or wannabe tryhards) and only a handful playing for fun.

The reason behind why this happened is multi-factored, but I would chiefly blame the rise of streaming and esports. Those two in tandem twisted the mentality of the larger gaming community such that now a lot of people feel that all gameplay must be competitive in some sense, must be centered around minmaxing, and must chase the meta in order to be considered legitimate. Dare to play the game any other way and you'll be loudly derided.

can you provide those 20 reasons?

No but it being old content changes so much and just generally ups the general knowledge level of the player base.

Being "meta" in old content where there will be no patch updates is required in most rational guilds.

Where all but the most hardcore guilds you maybe put up with the non meta spec because there is a chance it will get better and you can't blame the member for not knowing his spec would get screwed or whatever.

It's all about just about everything being known before hand.

Its still your opinions lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Some context:

My experience was...peculiar...and very funny

Decided to do Warsong Gulch as a level 55

1) Everyone on the BG was either Orc or Undead

2) Both enemy and friendly players were extremely focused and with tactics
    NOTE: I used to do Battlegrounds all day in current WoW...and "this" was nothing like it.
    In current WoW, is a complete crap show of people doing whatever.
    In this level 59 bracket...omg...everyone was so coordinated. WTF am i witnessing (i thought)

3) Enemy players with macros to cross-faction talk and be toxic/funny

4) Free Action Potions....yes...i saw levels 59 using FAP's

Was expecting Derpy Derp players walking around warsong gulch and fighting mid...got into a fight with trained soldiers and mass murderers.
    Does anyone feel Classic players take the game more seriously? From your different experiences?
    That comes down to a simple fact. After installing retail, it takes you roughly 15 minutes to enter a maxlvl bg, but to reach lvl 50, and enter your bracket it takes like what, 3-6 days /played? And secondly, you should enter a rbgs if you are looking for coordinated bgs. I don't want to shit on classic, but I doubt that people playing here are the best in world, and would probably not perform well against the best raiders/pvpers of retail, obviously with a few exceptions.

Due to the fact that there is basically no segregation between players as far as content is concerned, you are more likely to run into tryhards.

Your chances off running into a Top PvP'er in in your random bg on retail are incredibly low, whereas on Classic, there's a good chance you run into someone aiming for High Warlord.

Also, more casual people are less likely to PvP in classic due the lack of rewards, you may get 4 out of 6 blue pieces, but Rank 10 only easy if you're on a dead server.

BGS and raids is where ppl do their endgame progression in classic

In retail that takes place in rated bgs, arenas, higher keystone dungeons and mythic raids.
    The random bg que in retail isnt tied to any of the higher rewards so you generally dont see any of the more progress-oriented players in there.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No. You are wrong. Using the evidence you quoted, retail is full of people that are on the cutting edge. They learn new content, create their own tools to help them and everyone is expected to know their role as well as another couple incase there is relevant class stacking available.
    ahahahhah...ahhhhh (breathes) ahhalllala

Oh. You're serious.