Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    The practice, known as metering or queuing, was started by the Obama administration

    Just another one of those things we can thank Obama for. That guy was full of some good ideas.

    Perhaps we should just use the migrant protection policy and have them wait back in Mexico or one of the other countries?

    Also, why didn't the media cover this issue as extensively back then when they did now? I remember them providing about 2 minutes of coverage for Obama, and around 20 hours for Trump.
    Yeah, fuck Obama. He tried to appear as this progressive hero and did shit like that. But Trump has made things worse because of his white supremacist background.

  2. #22
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Yeah, fuck Obama. He tried to appear as this progressive hero and did shit like that. But Trump has made things worse because of his white supremacist background.
    How is that contradictory to being progressive?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    This may come as a surprise to you, but Obama didn't invent guns either. Gun crime has existed since guns were invented, and so far it's been at a record low.
    Don't believe me? That's okay, because I have this link https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...se-not-better/ to help explain things better. The TLDR version is the media is constantly reporting on shootings. If the shooter is white or of a similar skin color, they can pass him off as a white supremacist and cover the story for weeks. If he's black, it's gone in less than 24 hours. Poof. Like magic. They also don't seem to cover any gang related shootings or whatever happens in Detroit because, reasons.

    Honestly I think the problem with gun violence is related to mental illness, and we need to do more to address that.
    Uh....wow. You took me comparing your logic to a hyperbolic point and just went with it to a different topic entirely. That's rather impressive, but I'm not sure in what way.

    Back to my first point, it's hard to say if they did not have enough space or they did, and this guy was just given the wrong information or what happened. We'll have to wait till the story develops before jumping to conclusions.
    So you're just going to ignore how your point from before was lackluster about how it's someone else's fault and now instead the goal posts have been moved to "we have to wait and see." Well that's strange.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  4. #24
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    33,425
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    You do bring up a good point, Obama did a way better job of deporting people. This is something Trump can learn from, and that's why I'm suggesting that we use the Migrant protection policy so we can empty out most of the holding facilities and that takes care of the crowded issue.
    I wonder why Trumpkins think their opinions on what should be done about immigration actually matter. You want Trump to deport more. Trump doesn't give a fuck. He's getting cut big checks to contain people in for profit prison camps, and they keep telling him they need more sweet government funding so they can keep stuffing his bank account.

    Biden would likely continue the Obama policy, deporting people and emptying out those prison facilities that are causing our national deficit to sky rocket. But I imagine nobody who supports Trump cares that Biden would do a better job at fixing our immigration problem than Trump.

    Trump is the one with the racist immigrant dog whistles, so they're going to vote for him full well knowing that he's doing a shit job and would never enact the policy they want. Because they're just drawn to those dog whistles.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That said, there is a backlog of over one million cases in the immigration courts. "Not enough space" is a lie, but there's a grain of truth in it. It's just millet or barley or one of the other shitty grains.
    No grain of truth. There is plenty of room, just a backlog to get in.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Yeah, fuck Obama. He tried to appear as this progressive hero and did shit like that. But Trump has made things worse because of his white supremacist background.
    He never once tried to be a progressive hero. That is just FAUX News conservathink talk. Obama ran as a moderate, governed as a moderate, and was never once believed to be a progressive by anyone who actually is a progressive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •