Types of magic and elemental affinities

Have you ever thought that arcane magic has an affinity for the element of water?? arcane magic can blend in or manifest itself in the form of water pretty easily, there are several examples of this: the well of eternity, the sunwell, the nightwell, etc.

So i started thinking about if the other types of magic also have an affinity for an element and it is safe to assume that fel has an affinity for fire, i dont think anyone can dispute that and it makes sense, because fel is the opposite of arcane and fire is the opposite of water.

Now, lets see the others, most people would be inclined to say that nature magic has an affinity for Spirit, the element of life, and Death for decay, but what if thats not the case?? that would mean that Light and Void would have an affinity for earth and wind (and viceversa), which doesnt make any sense as we havent seen examples of Light or Void being manifested like wind for example, what we have actually seen, is druids using air elemental magic with spells like typhoon and the likes, the explanation of this (in wowpedia) is that wind is also part of nature, in other words, we could say that nature can manifest itself as storms, cyclones, etc just as arcane can manifest itself as water.

So if we go by the logic of deciding which type of magic and element are the opposites of Nature magic and the element of air we think inmediatly in Death and the element of earth, which makes sense, the infected grain in stratholme or those huge mushrooms in the plaguelands are examples of how death magic can affect the earth.

The last two pairs are Light and life and Void and decay, why i pair them like that?, because Light magic is said to be the source of all life in the cosmos and it can even be use to heal and resurrect someone. The Void and decay pairing on the other hand, can be used to explain for example how void magic can enslave and corrupt the elements, because lets remember that dark shamans do this very same thing with decay and it can also explain how the nightmare, which is described as a realm of death and decay is an old god creation.

Anyway, i think this is a nice theory that gives the magic wow chart a newfound sense of harmony and it allows us to explain many things that have remained without a solid explanation for many years.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2020-02-15 at 12:59 AM.

I think you are overthinking it way too much. Some elements just tend to occur together more often, but that doesn't mean all elements are drawn to some other elements.

Shadow for example occurs often alone, with fire or with water (frost). Nature (life) occurs with both light and water. Fel with fire and shadow. etc

I also wouldn't classify all of those things as "elements" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I think you are overthinking it way too much. Some elements just tend to occur together more often, but that doesn't mean all elements are drawn to some other elements.

Shadow for example occurs often alone, with fire or with water (frost). Nature (life) occurs with both light and water. Fel with fire and shadow. etc

I also wouldn't classify all of those things as "elements" though.
    what?? im not saying void is an element or anything like that, there are six elements, fire, air, water, earth, spirit and decay.