Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    [I]"Oh, hohoho, let's make players stop in place, slow them down, make them jump, and still contend with their own corruption effects and a sanity meter! Oh lol, let's put potions on the map that actually damage the player, they'll love it!"
    Oh no you might have to actually do something other then stand still. The horror. Also the potions are awesome because they add something the player can control. And you can easily tell which will damage you (a little more work for Ogrimmar since it is in a building). Also earning Coalescing Visions is hardly a chore. 3 to 4 dailies and a few vingettes twice a day is not a chore. That ensures at least 4 vessels per week. (1 from two lesser asaults, 1 from greater assault, 1 from lesser vision weekly (12k).

10-15 mins of work is not really a chore. People considering it that isn't a fault of game design but just the different tastes of the player. Which is something that Blizzard can never design around.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    but let's take a quick look at it:
    -Reused scenario
    -You 5-chest it once, get a mask to "make it harder"
    -Absolutely no new mechanics or different things, only things to "make it harder"
    -You farm stuff through the months to "make the "harder" as easy as the easy is right now"

This is absolutely no mage tower, not even close. You hear people saying "I like horrific visions" and its nice, but its like saying "I like drustvar" or "I like nazjatar", it looks cool, but after 3 weeks on it you feel utterly bored and just want to move on.

I mean lets face it: its literally doing the same thing, over and over again for months.
    same scenario, same bosses, nothing new, nothing different, nothing extra, every single skin and model used are reuses, there is no challenge after you do it the first time besides "farm more stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is right now"

like.... this is too Diablo
    "Doing the same thing, over and over again for months."

So, its like dungeons, leveling, raids, pet battles, quests, and pretty much everything else in the game then?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-15 at 07:01 AM.

I'm not a massive fan. I dont mind doing one a week but when you're compelled to run three+ in a week for the cloak upgrades it gets a bit tiresome.

I'll walk away from them once I have the cloak proc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could always just unsub and move on?

but let's take a quick look at it:
    -Reused scenario
    -You 5-chest it once, get a mask to "make it harder"
    -Absolutely no new mechanics or different things, only things to "make it harder"
    -You farm stuff through the months to "make the "harder" as easy as the easy is right now"

This is absolutely no mage tower, not even close. You hear people saying "I like horrific visions" and its nice, but its like saying "I like drustvar" or "I like nazjatar", it looks cool, but after 3 weeks on it you feel utterly bored and just want to move on.

I mean lets face it: its literally doing the same thing, over and over again for months.
    same scenario, same bosses, nothing new, nothing different, nothing extra, every single skin and model used are reuses, there is no challenge after you do it the first time besides "farm more stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is right now"

like.... this is too Diablo
    Let's take a quick look at raid:
    -Reused Raid
    -You clear it once on normal, you go on heroic to "make it harder"
    -Same bosses, same trash, just a few more stuff to "make it harder"
    -you farm normal for months, to "make heroic as easy as normal is right now"

Let's look at Dungeons and Mythic+
    -Reused dungeon
    -You do mythic dungeon, you get a key to "make it harder"
    -same dungeon, same bosses, same trash, only things to "make it harder"
    -you farm low key mythic+ for weeks to make higher key m+ as easy as low key m+ is right now.

See the pattern? The pattern is that you just don't like WoW. Might want to find a different game. Cause these systems are here to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    what kind of person you have to be to assume that I, at any point, said that "enjoying horrific visions is wrong"?
    So you're saying it's fine to be OK with or even like "the lamest design ever made on World of Warcraft." OK. Glad to see that you're not into value judgments.

Granted the content is repetitive. Is there's a lot more variety in running M+ dungeons for the 125th time? Doing 200 pulls on a raid boss? Some people think that stuff is great and who am I to say they're wrong.

As others have said, it's the nature of MMO design to be repetitive. You're either OK with that or not.

Same really goes for ARPG's since you mentioned Diablo. You either enjoy farming stuff or you don't. You apparently don't. This sort of design in an MMO predates Diablo III by many years.

Speaking of repetitive, I'm not certain why another thread on this was really necessary. There's at least three others that I know of. But hey. Variety is good, no?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-02-15 at 08:51 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The lamest design was apexis crystal dailies, because it was just one single "fill a bar" quest for 2 years.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Reused scenario? Can't remember doing these scenarios before. It's like saying all dungeons are reused dungeons because it's a dungeon. All raids are reused raids because it's a raid...

Why do people have this need to come up with weird reasons to dislike something? Feels like you try to justify your dislike at all costs instead of just accepting its not your cup of tea.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

There is nothing "fun" to do in the entire patch that doesn't involve an endless grind.
    No mage tower, no hidden story, no chromie,
    even pvp has had absolutely no balance changes for like 500 days,
    this patch is completely empty of "things to do": you do your daily grinds, your weekly affairs (whatever you do, raid, pvp, m+) and you're left with absolutely nothing to work towards.

even alts are not a possibility in this patch unless youre willing to dump hours and hours of progress each week into them
    1. welcome to wow and every mmo since day 1
    2. lol "no chromie" you mean the timed scenario which when you started was impossible to do, but you entered again and again to get more the more talents so you could get further and further, the hard content becoming easier and easier as you do it? sounds awful like the thing you say you hate about visions...
    3. LOLOL what? we had pvp balance changes only a weekish ago, you really gunna fucking claim there has not been a single pvp balance patch since the start of the expansion?
    4. oh, the patch is empty of things to do other then your daily and weekly grinds. sure sounds like vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata, mop, wod, and legion. which you literally just had your daily and weekly stuff to do, and after that you were pretty much done. Its funny cause my classic raid group literally logs on, does raid in an hour, then dissapears for the rest of the week, sure sounds a lot like "this shitty patch:
    4. oh yeah if you want alts you have to play them, holy moly that has never happened before.

Yes visions sucks hard.

isn't that the issue? isn't that basically the entire "feature" of the patch.

There is nothing "fun" to do in the entire patch that doesn't involve an endless grind. No mage tower, no hidden story, no chromie, even pvp has had absolutely no balance changes for like 500 days, this patch is completely empty of "things to do": you do your daily grinds, your weekly affairs (whatever you do, raid, pvp, m+) and you're left with absolutely nothing to work towards.

even alts are not a possibility in this patch unless youre willing to dump hours and hours of progress each week into them
    Then quit. See how simple that was? Unless you're addicted. Then I suggest seeking professional help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

If you can't stand repeting content you should play single player games and not MMOs.

They're basically shitty Greater Rifts with objectives in.

Not bad content outright but definitely nothing great. Like this patch/expansion in general.

Worst designs still go to Titanforging and Corruption. Corruption because they managed to make a shittier mechanic than Titanforging.

15+ Year Old Account
    The cloak upgrades tied to horrific visions is the dumbest decision Blizzard made in this patch.

I'm an altoholic, I have 7 characters that I currently play, all in the 460-470 gear range with 76+ necks.

I need to run 21 horrific visions this week just to upgrade the cloaks. *vomit*
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

After a year of warfronts and island expeditions being the only new features, this feels like a fresh breath of air in comparison. I don't think horrific visions is that good though, I like the idea of it but the execution needs to be better. Same could be said for warfronts and IE but at least this feature has more challenges.

Why is this any different to you saying you dont like it?
    That is the whole game since its inception, doing the same thing time and time and time again hoping to get some item that makes you a bit harder and look more cool.

Are you playing the same game as me?

Yup i feel ya @OP. I still need to do the 3 runs this week to get my cloak up from rank 9 to rank 10 but I'm not even in the mood for it. Within a month this patch has managed to make me feel even more apathetic to wow than I already did (was unsubbed for 7 months before 8.3). So... when my sub runs out in a week I'm done again until 9.0 or idk when. I'll stay up to date on the WORLD of warcraft via social media and mmo champ/ youtube videos but I don't need to be inside the game WORLD of warcraft because lets be honest the world of warcraft feels smaller than ever before.. I decided to buy division 2 on sale for $3 currently and I might play that in the future at some point.. goodnight sweet prince..

M+, raids and Rated PvP are the endgame of WoW, you cant compare them to patch-features that are side-things-to-do
    What makes these things more Enggame than the Visions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this thread need to be open when we have this one on the same page?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lly-enjoy-them

Expecting lock soon.

Damn, I'm starting to feel like I've seen every thread on this site somewhere before.
    Person A: [insert feature] I don't like this feature.
    Person B: [insert reductionist take about why the feature is the same as every other feature].
    Person C: [insert some reasonable criticism].
    Person D: [insert "if you don't like [feature] why don't you just unsub?" gotcha].