Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Horrific Visions are the lamest design ever made on World of Warcraft

but let's take a quick look at it:
    -Reused scenario
    -You 5-chest it once, get a mask to "make it harder"
    -Absolutely no new mechanics or different things, only things to "make it harder"
    -You farm stuff through the months to "make the "harder" as easy as the easy is right now"

This is absolutely no mage tower, not even close. You hear people saying "I like horrific visions" and its nice, but its like saying "I like drustvar" or "I like nazjatar", it looks cool, but after 3 weeks on it you feel utterly bored and just want to move on.

I mean lets face it: its literally doing the same thing, over and over again for months.
    same scenario, same bosses, nothing new, nothing different, nothing extra, every single skin and model used are reuses, there is no challenge after you do it the first time besides "farm more stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is right now"

like.... this is too Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    -Reused scenario
    -Absolutely no new mechanics or different things, only things to "make it harder"
    -You farm stuff through the months to "make the "harder" as easy as the easy is right now"

This is absolutely no mage tower, not even close. You hear people saying "I like horrific visions" and its nice, but its like saying "I like drustvar" or "I like nazjatar", it looks cool, but after 3 weeks on it you feel utterly bored and just want to move on.

I mean lets face it: its literally doing the same thing, over and over again for months.
    same scenario, same bosses, nothing new, nothing different, nothing extra, every single skin and model used are reuses, there is no challenge after you do it the first time besides "farm more stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is right now"

like.... this is too Diablo
    okay. so get your upgrades and go back to whatever it is you were doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't the people hyping this shit up @OP? I wonder how this endless tower in Shadowlands is going to feel lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Are we gonna get a new thread every week on how bad horrific visions are and how people should feel bad for enjoying it?

He just unironically described the entire gameplay loop of every MMORPG ever. "Farm stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is now."

I wonder if people genuinely think these things through before posting single digit IQ tier threads like this.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    okay. so get your upgrades and go back to whatever it is you were doing?
    isn't that the issue? isn't that basically the entire "feature" of the patch.

There is nothing "fun" to do in the entire patch that doesn't involve an endless grind. No mage tower, no hidden story, no chromie, even pvp has had absolutely no balance changes for like 500 days, this patch is completely empty of "things to do": you do your daily grinds, your weekly affairs (whatever you do, raid, pvp, m+) and you're left with absolutely nothing to work towards.

even alts are not a possibility in this patch unless youre willing to dump hours and hours of progress each week into them
    Last edited by Nuba; 2020-02-15 at 04:07 AM.

Another "stop liking things I hate" thread.

Seriously MMOC would be much better place if mods closed nonconstructive threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    He just unironically described the entire gameplay loop of every MMORPG ever. "Farm stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is now."

I wonder if people genuinely think these things through before posting single digit IQ tier threads like this.
    every single MMO has things to do with better gear, be it territory wars in most korean mmos (those big guild wars to dominate cities), or different challenges, raids, dungeons, instances, whatever you call it.

grinding for the sake of grinding more is only things the most cellphone-ish of the RPGs do. Even PoE (that only involves "grinding stuff to grind other harder stuff") has different mechanics and types of mobs for you to fight and different things for you to unlock and achieve as you "endless grind"

Before you make these huge-IQ replies, you better think just a little bit before posting, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Weren't the people hyping this shit up @OP? I wonder how this endless tower in Shadowlands is going to feel lol
    Some people will just hate anything because it's BfA related...this is worst and that is worst and then the new thing is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Another "stop liking things I hate" thread.

Seriously MMOC would be much better place if mods closed nonconstructive threads like this.
    what kind of person you have to be to assume that I, at any point, said that "enjoying horrific visions is wrong"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    "There is nothing to do, except that one thing that requires hours and hours of something to do!"

Dude, I raid cutting edge mythic (2 days a week) and I play a casual alt (for mythic+ dungeons, visions and dailies with a friend), and I'm goddamn glad that there isn't even more stuff to do that would demand even more of my time.
    obligatory things <> cool things

farming a weird unrelated rep to get a cool mog or go through a cool story on your main isn't "hard tedious work"

This entire patch is less effort than mechagon alone

15+ Year Old Account
    So there are no different things but different things to make it harder. Okay. Of course it isn't the mage tower. It is not designed to be a highly scripted class spec trial. It is mage tower like in that it is set up to be a challenge. Playing any aspect of this game for months is doing the same thing over and over again. Because that is the life cycle of content patches. Months. Singling out visions for this point is silly.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How is that different from m+ or battlegrounds or raids?

I'm not a super big fan of visions mostly due to the grind for vessels (I'd rather have endless attempts but with limited gains per week, so you can do "test runs" even if they would give you 0 mementos / gear / cloak progression, or at least set attempts per week as long as you have a couple spare), but "the content is repetitive" is basically 99% of what MMOs are made of.

And:
    This is 100% how mythic+ is yet people claim it's the best that happened in wow pve since forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How is that different from m+ or battlegrounds or raids?

I'm not a super big fan of visions mostly due to the grind for vessels (I'd rather have endless attempts but with limited gains per week, so you can do "test runs" even if they would give you 0 mementos / gear / cloak progression, or at least set attempts per week as long as you have a couple spare), but "the content is repetitive" is basically 99% of what MMOs are made of.

And: This is 100% how mythic+ is yet people claim it's the best that happened in wow pve since forever?
    M+, raids and Rated PvP are the endgame of WoW, you cant compare them to patch-features that are side-things-to-do

M+ in particular is similar to PvP in a sense that its competitive WoW, which is not what horrific visions are. Why would you even compare them? Not to mention until +10 you at least get new affixes as you progress.

this patch is mega low-effort, and the nothingness of things to do is only exarcebated by the fact youre nearly prohibited to have alts - immagine 8.3 but all essences and cloak levels are account-wide

10+ Year Old Account
    -Reused scenario
    What's wrong with it?

And get more rewards. Your point?

You're saying that you don't like new mechanics that makes thing harder? Only easier?

And? The place has a long list of possible rewards, from cosmetics, mounts, pets and toys. Not to mention the possibility of getting a corrupted item.

This is absolutely no mage tower, not even close.
    No one is claiming that it is?

You hear people saying "I like horrific visions" and its nice, but its like saying "I like drustvar" or "I like nazjatar", it looks cool, but after 3 weeks on it you feel utterly bored and just want to move on.
    Wrong. Don't pretend you can speak for me. I'm STILL having fun with Visions, and now I am working to get 5-chest with a mask on.

Welcome to WoW since 2004. Hell, welcome to MMOs since... forever.

same scenario, same bosses, nothing new, nothing different, nothing extra, every single skin and model used are reuses,
    The masks are "new", "different" and "extra".

there is no challenge after you do it the first time besides "farm more stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is right now"
    There is challenge. A lot of it. You're basically saying "there is challenge, but since I don't want to do it, that means there is no challenge."

You are literally grasping at straws to try to complain about Horrific Visions.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

15+ Year Old Account
    this patch is mega low-effort, and the nothingness of things to do is only exarcebated by the fact youre nearly prohibited to have alts - immagine 8.3 but all essences and cloak levels are account-wide
    It is relatively easy to get most rank 1 essences on alts. The only thing account essences and cloak levels would do is cause people to find something new to complain about. If horrific visions are boring, repetative, and pointless then so is doing al the other content in the game on multiple alts. Yet it is funny how the same things that are too boring and repetitive to earn essences is suddenly wonderful content to do.

Also if they are truly alts and not "Second mains" then you don't need fully ranked up essences. There could be an argument for Rank 4 essences to be account wide to show that you unlocked the "transmog" for that essence but it would require a rework of the system. This also touches on the problem not that it is to hard to have alts in BfA but it actually requires you to work on stuff for the Alts. And people don't want to do that work.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

isn't that the issue? isn't that basically the entire "feature" of the patch.

There is nothing "fun" to do in the entire patch that doesn't involve an endless grind. No mage tower, no hidden story, no chromie, even pvp has had absolutely no balance changes for like 500 days, this patch is completely empty of "things to do": you do your daily grinds, your weekly affairs (whatever you do, raid, pvp, m+) and you're left with absolutely nothing to work towards.

even alts are not a possibility in this patch unless youre willing to dump hours and hours of progress each week into them
    so what you're saying is that you have plenty to do but you just dont want to do it. i got news for you, THATS WHAT AN A MMO IS! you work towards progress to make your character stronger, get better gear, make shit become easy and yet you're here crying because you have to do stuff. you don't have to do 1 mythic+ you can do them non-stop if you wanted to maybe even completing high ass keys. you can raid mythic which im sure you have not cleared. so what is your issue? sounds like crying to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What's wrong with it?

And get more rewards. Your point?

You're saying that you don't like new mechanics that makes thing harder? Only easier?

And? The place has a long list of possible rewards, from cosmetics, mounts, pets and toys. Not to mention the possibility of getting a corrupted item.

No one is claiming that it is?

Wrong. Don't pretend you can speak for me. I'm STILL having fun with Visions, and now I am working to get 5-chest with a mask on.

Welcome to WoW since 2004. Hell, welcome to MMOs since... forever.

The masks are "new", "different" and "extra".

There is challenge. A lot of it. You're basically saying "there is challenge, but since I don't want to do it, that means there is no challenge."

You are literally grasping at straws to try to complain about Horrific Visions.
    exactly this dude is just crying because he doesnt want to do anything....its an MMO you invest time to become stronger and make things easier......thats literally what happens in ALL MMOs.....idk what type of game this guy think's he's been playing lol

Had a beautiful one today where the stupid 'makes you run' bullshit made me break threw the map and dc, come back to try to selvage the run only to get stuck in combat and not be able to get sanity back. Zero bosses and rooms clear .... well at lest on valentine's day you can rely on Blizzard to fuck you..

Lets, shall we?

-Reused scenario
    Only in an extremely vague sense of them both being instanced and with objectives. But that is where the similarities end.

The same complaint rolled in one. Not sure what you really wanted here? Some new affiixs on higher difficulties? It would inevitably be unbalanced towards some classes more than others

So basically like raids, M+, mage tower and pretty much every piece of content ever added to this game ever? Gotcha.

Overall this is one of the them pointless whine threads I've ever read on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Some people will just hate anything because it's BfA related...this is worst and that is worst and then the new thing is the worst.
    I know your post is sarcasm BUT class design in BfA is really the worst, at least for the classes I play and since Blizz don't want to change it Shadowlands is going to be a no no "for me".

The good thing is that it's optional content. Visions feel like a testing ground to just throw future 'loss of control' elements into the game.

"Oh, hohoho, let's make players stop in place, slow them down, make them jump, and still contend with their own corruption effects and a sanity meter! Oh lol, let's put potions on the map that actually damage the player, they'll love it!"

Not to mention the fairly significant class imbalances all of this magnifies.

On top of that, the currency acquisition is just a chore if you want to go beyond the daily scenario / weekly that pops up. It "should" be more fun than it is, as we've seen this sort of thing done successfully in the past.

I'm really curious what the overall view of these would have been if this came out during say.... 8.2