Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Love the visions personally, really hope they manage to do bigger and better going forward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Love the visions personally, really hope they manage to do bigger and better going forward.
    There aren't going to be more visions. This is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There aren't going to be more visions. This is it.
    Well, alot of the core gameplay will be part of Torghast.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Are we gonna get a new thread every week on how bad horrific visions are and how people should feel bad for enjoying it?
    Probably, because some people think their particular opinion is new, interesting, and worth sharing and thus demanding of its own thread instead of being added to one of the existing threads about the same thing.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    but let's take a quick look at it:
    -Reused scenario
    -You 5-chest it once, get a mask to "make it harder"
    -Absolutely no new mechanics or different things, only things to "make it harder"
    -You farm stuff through the months to "make the "harder" as easy as the easy is right now"

This is absolutely no mage tower, not even close. You hear people saying "I like horrific visions" and its nice, but its like saying "I like drustvar" or "I like nazjatar", it looks cool, but after 3 weeks on it you feel utterly bored and just want to move on.

I mean lets face it: its literally doing the same thing, over and over again for months.
    same scenario, same bosses, nothing new, nothing different, nothing extra, every single skin and model used are reuses, there is no challenge after you do it the first time besides "farm more stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is right now"

like.... this is too Diablo
    I don't get the praise of the mage tower. It came out in the penultimate patch. I had unsubbed at that point in time because of the way they were handling Mythic dungeon exclusives during Nighthold. I came back in 7.3.5. Mage towers were pretty much an afterthought by then. They were easy, taking less than a week of effort on any character that had LFR Antorus gear. Farming the right legendaries made it incredibly easy. There were a few more scenarios (7 instead of 2), but you were locked to one per spec. Once you completed it, you couldn't make it harder, eliminating any replayability.

I only have three masks at present, and I'm looking forward to unlocking the last two next week. I think the five mask solo run will be an interesting challenge. And while it will be made easier with more gear and cloak levels, I also know it is going to stay outside the ability of some of my guildies to complete this expansion.

It's fine for you to not like Horrific Visions, but to compare them to a less replayable system with all of the same faults that you have with this one and then complain that they don't have longevity just seems a little bizarre to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I know your post is sarcasm BUT class design in BfA is really the worst
    Yes, for some people paladins actually being good is clearly crappy design >_<
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Weren't the people hyping this shit up @OP? I wonder how this endless tower in Shadowlands is going to feel lol
    My biggest fear about Torghast - limited attempts, diminishing returns and random actually not being random at all. Oh, and add some timegating as well.

I enjoy them and wish they weren't locked behind currency farming. I'd gladly see more content in that direction and am looking forward to the tower in Shadowlands.

Though I hope the tower isn't timed.

I am actually enjoying this patch more than anything since Timeless Isle. And no I don't approve of anything Blizzard has done much lately-it is just that visions are actually a good idea.

One of the reasons I like them is that there is entertaining content for people who don't raid seriously. That is almost everyone who plays apart from the very vocal minority who post on forums like MMO champion.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man with creepy duck avatar doesn't like a thing, claims it is undeniably objectively bad with no actual argument, and everyone who disagrees is a Blizzard shill, news at 11.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Isn't that pretty much the definition of a chore though? Something you must spend considerable amount of time into to be able to do something you'd actually enjoy (having to do assaults to do visions).
    10 to 15 mins isn't considerable though. I had my assault bar filled for Aqir just by doing the dailies yesterday. By the time I had all the dailies done and killed my 3rd rare I was at 96%. I got the remaining 4% by looting the corpses around corpse eater and doing the event. No movement abilities needed. Some days it takes a little longer but on average it isn't that long at all. There are also certain spots that make some of the dailies easier. The void candle event for the Major Uldum assault has a ton of mobs for the quests. There are some spawn rate issues that should be tweaked and one day it took forever to find a cache where it seemed like there was some bug or something.

And you can always skip one or two dailies a week and still get enough to buy a vessel. (4 dailies at 250 is 14k a week). But if you find the Visions to be a chore then there is little reason to do all the dailies every day. Unless you want the rep rewards but then it still shouldn't be a chore because you decided the rewards are worth having.

Edit 2/15: I just timed it today and the 5 quests in the Vale took me 9:54 to do. I started the time when I picked up the last quest at the Rajani because I went afk and a pet battle in between. My server is medium pop but at times the areas feel like low pop. So that does play into it. But it still isn't that great of a burden to do daily. I have 18k visions, two vessels and have done 4 runs this week. Also just timed Uldum and travel from first daily pick up to all turned in was 10:05.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-02-16 at 02:05 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Another horrific vision thread, as if there was not enough... Sick.

- - - Updated - - -

And there's more, those are just on the front page before i could go scroll down.

Weren't the people hyping this shit up @OP? I wonder how this endless tower in Shadowlands is going to feel lol
    The problem is that it will probably be shite and it's sadly half of the feature of the next expansion. I'm afraid this alone might take up so much of the ressources, that we will have a WoD 2.0, where everything gets cut because of an crappy feature. But at least here nothing will be cut, because... there is actually nothing to cut. Shadowlands is so underwhelming, that i don't think what could make me coming back to this game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the resources they put into BFA as far as 'new' features took the form of warfronts and island expeditions.

You don't have to like visions but the community feedback from what I've seen isn't overwhelming negative on the feature. How many people on the other hand seriously jump out of their chair at the thought of doing islands or warfronts? Like none.

I'm somewhat optimistic that the tower in shadowlands will be a pretty good feature. If it's something akin to the visions we got in 8.3, there's absolutely no way it can be worse than most of the previous expansions launch features.

I am shocked by how many people have been opening threads lately completely hating on MMORPG mechanics. Maybe this genre isn't for you. More on point, Horrific Visions are some of the best things I've seen in a long time and I am now more excited for Shadowlands than I've ever been for an expansion.

I guess your opinion is just that: your opinion.

This is absolutely no mage tower, not even close. You hear people saying "I like horrific visions" and its nice, but its like saying "I like drustvar" or "I like nazjatar", it looks cool, but after 3 weeks on it you feel utterly bored and just want to move on.
    You're right about that at least. I laughed when Ion said that Horrific Visions are BFA's Mage Tower. The only similarity is that they are both soloable scenarios.

Visions are way more similar to Suramar withered training, except they're set in rehashed zones with rehashed mobs, and instead of looting objects to upgrade your troops you do all of the work yourself and just upgrade your stat stick cloak. Even the mask cosmetic rewards are just the green cloth Kul Tiras helmet without the hat. They're a joke.

This is expected though considering 8.3 hasn't had much effort put into it. They spent way too long designing patch features like corruption and the visions themselves, both of which won't matter whatsoever come 9.0. Their effort was spread too thin.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-02-15 at 08:52 PM.

but let's take a quick look at it:
    -Reused scenario
    -You 5-chest it once, get a mask to "make it harder"
    -Absolutely no new mechanics or different things, only things to "make it harder"
    -You farm stuff through the months to "make the "harder" as easy as the easy is right now"

I mean lets face it: its literally doing the same thing, over and over again for months.
    same scenario, same bosses, nothing new, nothing different, nothing extra, every single skin and model used are reuses, there is no challenge after you do it the first time besides "farm more stuff to make harder mode as easy as easy mode is right now"

like.... this is too Diablo
    well, some legit thoughts on gameplay, i guess?

But from an immersive pov, i think this whole horrific vision tale, could be very interesting - lore wise that is - I mean you enter a chamber like in some science ficition movie like a portal to another weird dimension to fight some lovecraft aliens corrupting azeroth. I find that pretty hilarious to do in a game like wow.

It can be either pure genius or total crap. The gameplay part i do not mind as much, i think its kinda gated and thus it sucks for me, i do not like much gated gameplay and its gated by many systems not just your cloak and the memento research. As with masks the hp scales too, you need to deal dmg quicker and more burstier to cut through the mobs so you better have farmed all those echoin voids and infinite stars corruption on gear and have a rather high ilvl.

This mechanic kinda sucks for alts, and i allready mentioned it before in other threads on mmo, BfA is the most alt unfriendly expansion up to date, there are too many systems like that, that hold you back, like so you cleared horrofic vision with 3-5 masks with your main? congrats, try to do this with your alt any time soon...

Another system, where you need months to clear it with your alt for best results.

Legion had far better catch up mechanics to do those mage towers for alts.(in 7.3.)

But, lore wise i find them interesting, but i doubt blizz use visions to expand in their lore.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Damn, I'm starting to feel like I've seen every thread on this site somewhere before.
    Person A: [insert feature] I don't like this feature.
    Person B: [insert reductionist take about why the feature is the same as every other feature].
    Person C: [insert some reasonable criticism].
    Person D: [insert "if you don't like [feature] why don't you just unsub?" gotcha].
    You conveniently missed the part where "Person A" literally calls [insert feature] the worst thing ever made in WoW. With a hyperbole of this magnitude, you can't really expect reasonable discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The cloak upgrades tied to horrific visions is the dumbest decision Blizzard made in this patch.

I'm an altoholic, I have 7 characters that I currently play, all in the 460-470 gear range with 76+ necks.

I need to run 21 horrific visions this week just to upgrade the cloaks. *vomit*
    which yo can do (with that ilvl) in like 30m per character... oh the horror...
    if you actively use profesions you surely spend more time farming mats, and thats hardly interesing play...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-02-15 at 10:18 PM.

This entire patch is less effort than mechagon alone
    Well, its raid has 12 bosses....so thats where ALL patch resources did go, could have been much worser, if you remember cataclysm there was nothing, but a boring raid and trivial dungeons added to it in its final patch.