Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    simply
    I think you missed the part where anxiety has nothing to do with logic. Calling your rant outlandish and well off the mark would be a colossal understatement, but by all means, keep touting your self-professed intelligence and superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    ...is your response to a guy with a Master's degree, working as an analyst in his field
    Ah yes, straight from the r/iamverysmart school. You do you, lad.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2020-02-26 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Is it bad form to just quit the game and not saying anything to my guild who heavily invest in its members? They have a webpage, discord, raid signups and do split-runs so I have to raid twice/week. I don't wanna deal with explanations I just wanna disappear from the game with no excuses or stress.
    If you're this much of a coward when you're anonymous online, how do you not collapse from stress at the first hint of real world social interaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I think you missed the part where anxiety has nothing to do with logic. Calling your rant outlandish and well off the mark would be a colossal understatement, but by all means, keep touting your self-professed intelligence and superiority.

Ah yes, straight from the r/iamverysmart school. You do you, lad.
    When I get off work today I'll go home, take a picture of it since it's hanging up on my wall, (over my TV and under a friend's painting) and send it to you in a PM, just so you can see you're spouting a load of bullshit =). My "Self-professed intelligence and superiority" has nothing to do with you admitting you're a non-functioning member of society who gets scared of human interaction. Could your snarky response be caused by a hint of jealousy at how much fun I have with my guild? Or how much fun any normal person has with their guilds? Basicly, what the guy above me just said.

"If you're this much of a coward when you're anonymous online, how do you not collapse from stress at the first hint of real world social interaction?"
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-02-26 at 09:16 AM.

do it, they wont remember you in two days

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you are fine with burning bridges, and don't care about them, you have every right to just vanish.

however if you care about them, and don't wish to burn bridges, incase you return someday and want to play again, i would tell them "hey i plan to quit, would yall be fine with me leaving now, or do you want me to do like a month of runs till you can find a replacement"
    I agree with your first part and that it's nice to tell them you're leaving... But in no way should someone be expected to stay and play a game longer than they desire to while they find a replacement. They should respect that he/she doesn't want to play anymore and fill the position (and really probably already have "next man up" situation). If it's a job it's a bit different but you are being compensated for that and it's a goodwill thing. This is a game...

Its a videogame. Are you not having a good time? then you have reached the end of this flow chart. A guild that forces you to stick around in something you dont enjoy isnt a circle of friends its emotional blackmail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Is it bad form to just quit the game and not saying anything to my guild who heavily invest in its members? They have a webpage, discord, raid signups and do split-runs so I have to raid twice/week. I don't wanna deal with explanations I just wanna disappear from the game with no excuses or stress.
    Yees, it's rude to otherwise not. Just give a generic reason, I'm too busy, I don't have the time, etc. You don't have to go into detail but yeah we have people do this shit all the time. People we hold raid spots for, people we prioritize loot to, the least they could do is have the common courtesy of saying hey, thanks for everything but, I won't be back for a while if ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it depends. Are there people in your guild that you're friends with irl/friendly enough with in WoW? Then just dropping a message saying you're not going to be playing anymore for the foreseeable future and a quick explanation won't hurt before leaving. Do they just treat you as a tool to fill raid slots and complete runs with very little interest in you otherwise? Then it should be fine to just leave the game.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I did this just recently because my guild became a rat infested shithole. Dropped a fuck this in the disc, left the server, left the guild. Best decision I've made recently. Game is so much more enjoyable.