10+ Year Old Account

how difficult are horrific visions' ez-modes to solo?

so the only major horrific vision (sorry if my terminology is wrong) I did was the one done as part of the introduction chain. I was on a balance druid in minorly upgraded benthic and WQ gear so somewhere around 385. balance probably being better than average in both damage and survival I skipped everything but the two guards in front of thrall's chamber and thrall. thrall killed me. so I've been skipping them and focusing n gearing to the current medium-max WQ ilvl of 430 on my army of alts before trying again. I'd much prefer solo so I'm wondering is there a minimum recommended ilvl for them to be relatively easy in the 'just thrall' type runs?

The first time you do it is harder than the next 4. Sfter that it comes down to how you adjust to things in there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Getting +5 chest will be easy for everyone once you get upgraded cloak and the talent tree...But mask will be for the few % of people who care about it and also have 470 Ilvl gear etc.

Edit: Just look on youtube for guide...Stick to 1 map, I like ogrimmar...found SW to be confusing even if I do play ally lol.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Remember you can stealth through mobs as Druid. If you only want to kill Thrall, you can pop out of stealth and kill the two guys - though it might be difficult solo without any damage. Treants + stun or typhoon is great, you need to focus down one of the guards fast.

Thrall himself doesn't do a lot of damage, especially without any side areas cleared. Move out of his AoE and his dmg output is 0. Treants again are very good if his ST dmg is a problem for you. He has only 1mil hp so it shouldn't be too bad.

But also, remember - you can get the upgrades for visions that will help you progress too, you're not going to do all sides immediately anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    First run is always hard because you don't have a sanity orb. I think I failed on half my toons just because I couldn't get there fast enough.

As you progress, it gets easier. Haven't tried a full clear yet, but have gotten two wings and Rexxar solo. Upgrading with Mother really helps, once you get +sanity for killing elites, you're in a good place.
    Putin khuliyo

It's doable at 400 onwards. Did it with boomkin and shadow, boomkin even got it done with the first run (no orbs), every run after was a cakewalk.

My main got a fullclear with 440 ilvl, quite easy with 1 whole orb to spent.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-02-15 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    so the only major horrific vision (sorry if my terminology is wrong) I did was the one done as part of the introduction chain. I was on a balance druid in minorly upgraded benthic and WQ gear so somewhere around 385. balance probably being better than average in both damage and survival I skipped everything but the two guards in front of thrall's chamber and thrall. thrall killed me. so I've been skipping them and focusing n gearing to the current medium-max WQ ilvl of 430 on my army of alts before trying again. I'd much prefer solo so I'm wondering is there a minimum recommended ilvl for them to be relatively easy in the 'just thrall' type runs?
    Do emissaries and lfr for ilvl upg, once u get a bit more gear it gets a lot easier, even if you play casually!

They get easier with the talents for visions, i can't clear yet 1 lost area after doing 2 corrupted and 1 lost area, but i'm getting close, and i just got this week finally elite extermination which will help me so much with the next ones. I'm rank 10, just took the wrong talents in the beginning but i'm now going the right way.

What i find it hard is stormwind visions, orgrimmar is pretty good and stable. Alleria is super annoying when she gains the abilities from mini bosses, more than Thrall will ever be, and the hardest from thrall imo, is the one from Rexxar.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to start using masks also. See the different things i can do with them. I need to do full clears first before all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and solo ilvl, i think 440 are just fine. The more you have the easier, but it's already more easy soloing, because the mobs health get extended when you're with someone.

Solo pros and cons:
    Pros: Easier kills, no rely on others, time more balanced, no need to use orbs for other's mistakes and can have longer sanity.
    Cons: If you get stunned, or something similar, you can't do anything about it, and it's time and sanity lost while others could still do it for you.

So yes, i think there's more pros doing it alone.

I think on my alt 410 Rogue I died to Thrall first attempt too, he was hitting me for like 10% of my life and it just wasn't gonna happen, I went back in at around 420 and had no problem though and then at 435 I did two side areas plus Thrall in time, but of course I was on a Rogue so I can stealth through most of it which is immensely helpful. I main a DH so that was pretty easy from the start at like 430 ilvl and now that I'm 460 ilvl it takes like 10 minutes to full clear with no masks. So it definitely gets significantly easier the more gear you have.

I seem to be in the minority that actually likes Stormwind more though, while the bosses in Orgrimmar have easier abilities to deal with I feel like the zones have far more stun mobs which is kind of annoying since I like to do really big pulls on my non-stealth classes. Feels like in Stormwind I can basically pull the entire area and be fine, whereas in Orgrimmar I have to do more small pulls so I don't get chain stunned to death.

I wouldn't say gear is that important, although of course it cant be super bad or you'll run out of sanity because of low dps.

That being said, bosses are more of a brain check than dps check. As long as you know what to avoid and how to react to certain abilities, and with the sanity orb talent, you should be fine.

As a bala druid myself, with 458 ilev, rank 10 cloak and orbs / +200 sanity on elite kill / gift of the titans, I cleared orgri this week 3 times on full clear with faceroll ease, being full sanity and one orb left before engaging thrall. But it takes time and commitment and i've been farming the visions solo since the patch landed.

Now, the masks though... I got the mask that reduces max sanity by 50% and im scared as hell to even attempt that, lmao. They all look scary and I'm not sure if i'll be brave enough to attempt them before having 80% sanity loss reduction from cloak.

My tip as balance druid - for the guards, root one and nuke the other. For other trash, double target moonfire and typhoon are your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I wouldn't say gear is that important, although of course it cant be super bad or you'll run out of sanity because of low dps.

That being said, bosses are more of a brain check than dps check. As long as you know what to avoid and how to react to certain abilities, and with the sanity orb talent, you should be fine.

As a bala druid myself, with 458 ilev, rank 10 cloak and orbs / +200 sanity on elite kill / gift of the titans, I cleared orgri this week 3 times on full clear with faceroll ease, being full sanity and one orb left before engaging thrall. But it takes time and commitment and i've been farming the visions solo since the patch landed.

Now, the masks though... I got the mask that reduces max sanity by 50% and im scared as hell to even attempt that, lmao. They all look scary and I'm not sure if i'll be brave enough to attempt them before having 80% sanity loss reduction from cloak.

My tip as balance druid - for the guards, root one and nuke the other. For other trash, double target moonfire and typhoon are your friends.
    For the first mask, just do the valley of wisdom area + any stuff you are able to do with the sanity you have left. Now you got a new mask, which is way way waaaaay better and easier than the -50% sanity one. (you only need to clear 1 lost zone for each mask)
    For a 100% save way to clear valley - place an orb infront of every elite and start the fight asap, the orb will still give sanity and heal you, even infight.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-02-15 at 02:28 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You eventually need to do more than Thrall, just listen to what the cape upgrades entail and go from there.

Visions don't necessarily have to be mass pull and AoE everything down, and honestly, classes with very strong 2 min CDs are pretty strong in them. Aside from a few mobs that have nasty spells that need to be interrupted, most of the danger in visions actually come from the bosses and mini-bosses. Being able to burst them in is a short amount of time is paramount in being able to clear more.

Some general tips? Just always play safe. When working through them you very organically figure out how much you can pull, what bosses require CDs and how to deal with each weeks madnesses. They aren't as RNG as many will have you believe, and there are very few bad circumstances that can arise if you just slow down. On the surface they feel like a speed run, and they certainly have an element of that, but if you're just careful and plan everything accordingly there actually isn't as much rush as you would think. Treat them like raids if you're actually trying to progress through them. Bring consumables (flasks, scrolls, potions) and I'd highly suggest looking up the special food that you can only use in visions. One of them reduces your aggro radius, another makes you passively faster, one allows you to regain 100 sanity after 10 seconds (3 min CD), one reduces CC duration on you and the last one regenerates 2% of your health passively every second throughout the vision.

Your main goal is to eventually fully clear which gives you a mask. From that point you'll want to put that mask on for your next vision and rush to any single one of the hardest areas in each Vision (Rexxar or Matthias Shaw for example). Stormwind has two masks and Orgrimmar has two additional masks and when you're at the point that you can fully clear, you want to be pick up the mask from each hard area. Why? Because the first mask that you get is actually the most limiting mask and that you can have, and you'll want to pick up the other four. From there you slowly start adding more and more masks, as the gear gets better and the mementos gained get higher. As a general rule of thumb, it's better to full clear with no masks, than it is to almost do everything with one mask, and the same applies to each mask you add. Full clearing with two masks is better than clearing 3/5 zones with 4-5 masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    For the first mask, just do the valley of wisdom area + any stuff you are able to do with the sanity you have left. Now you got a new mask, which is way way waaaaay better and easier than the -50% sanity one. (you only need to clear 1 lost zone for each mask)
    For a 100% save way to clear valley - place an orb infront of every elite and start the fight asap, the orb will still give sanity and heal you, even infight.
    Time out, you don't need to full clear with the first mask to unlock the others? So I stressed myself out barely full clearing with that mask on for literally no reason when I could have taken it easy and just done two runs with one lost zone each? Now I feel really stupid. On the plus side I guess I saved myself a run, and now I know for next week so thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Time out, you don't need to full clear with the first mask to unlock the others? So I stressed myself out barely full clearing with that mask on for literally no reason when I could have taken it easy and just done two runs with one lost zone each? Now I feel really stupid. On the plus side I guess I saved myself a run, and now I know for next week so thanks for the info.
    Yeah, you only need to do each lost area, no need for fullclear (ofc both lost in one run is better/faster).