1. #1981
    I guess a practice squad WR is going to be playing QB. Yet another reason Jeff Driskel is useless, he caused this.

    Also, I really have no idea why they thought Blake Bortles should be anywhere near the other QBs. I thought the entire reason for allowing vet players on the practice squad was in case something like this happened.

    On the bright side, Bolles got a 4 year extension.

  2. #1982
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    NFL should be shut down anyways. Let em all catch it.
    Ah really classy, hoping that people catch a deadly disease.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I guess a practice squad WR is going to be playing QB.
    Man, I dunno if I want the game to even be played, but Denver seemed to do this to themselves by being really stupid with covid protocols. I'm wondering what I'll see during the Saints game tomorrow..

  3. #1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man, I dunno if I want the game to even be played, but Denver seemed to do this to themselves by being really stupid with covid protocols. I'm wondering what I'll see during the Saints game tomorrow..
    I am expecting the equivalent of a Michael Bay train wreck. The NFL won't let one of Denver's QC coaches that played QB at UCF play, that one would have just been boring bad instead of whatever this has the potential to be.

    Then again, Denver fans have already experienced games without a QB not that long ago, so it might end up just being extremely boring for me.

  4. #1984
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I am expecting the equivalent of a Michael Bay train wreck. The NFL won't let one of Denver's QC coaches that played QB at UCF play, that one would have just been boring bad instead of whatever this has the potential to be.

    Then again, Denver fans have already experienced games without a QB not that long ago, so it might end up just being extremely boring for me.
    The practice squad WR played QB in college didn’t he?


    Yep, 3 seasons at Wake Forest.
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2020-11-29 at 12:55 AM.

  5. #1985
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The practice squad WR played QB in college didn’t he?
    Technically yes, but it was at Wake Forest so not really when compared to a traditional offense. Only had 251 attempts in 3 years and only completed 53% of them.

  6. #1986
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I am expecting the equivalent of a Michael Bay train wreck. The NFL won't let one of Denver's QC coaches that played QB at UCF play, that one would have just been boring bad instead of whatever this has the potential to be.

    Then again, Denver fans have already experienced games without a QB not that long ago, so it might end up just being extremely boring for me.
    I'd say they've been playing without a qb for years
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  7. #1987
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    13,302
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I'd say they've been playing without a qb for years
    I was thinking, how is this any different to the rest of this season?


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  8. #1988
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I was thinking, how is this any different to the rest of this season?
    More like since mid-2014 outside of that brief period Siemian looked decent before Rick Dennison did his thing.

  9. #1989
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16,631
    Its gonna be pretty weird for Taysom to be the leading career passer in the game tomorrow.
    /s

  10. #1990
    The whining has already started from Broncos players. Noah Fant tweeted:

    "I’m not one to complain, but NFL, y’all can’t possibly send us into a game without a QB. The most important position to a offense. We don’t even got a back up..."

    I love going after the NFL and Roger Goodell as much as the next person, but they are not at fault in this specific instance. If Fant wants to blame someone, he can point the finger squarely at Vic Fangio and all the Broncos quarterbacks. It's inexplicable that at no point did any of them think, "Hey maybe it's not such a good idea for all the quarterbacks to be close contacts, in case one of us tests positive, we'll all have to sit out."

    That tells me that Denver needs to draft a QB next April because none of the QBs currently on the roster have the necessary intelligence that the position demands.

  11. #1991
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The whining has already started from Broncos players. Noah Fant tweeted:




    I love going after the NFL and Roger Goodell as much as the next person, but they are not at fault in this specific instance. If Fant wants to blame someone, he can point the finger squarely at Vic Fangio and all the Broncos quarterbacks. It's inexplicable that at no point did any of them think, "Hey maybe it's not such a good idea for all the quarterbacks to be close contacts, in case one of us tests positive, we'll all have to sit out."

    That tells me that Denver needs to draft a QB next April because none of the QBs currently on the roster have the necessary intelligence that the position demands.
    We've been limiting Jake Fromm all year for this very reason. He only practices on days when our other QBs aren't practicing.

  12. #1992
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We've been limiting Jake Fromm all year for this very reason. He only practices on days when our other QBs aren't practicing.
    They had Blake Bortles on the practice squad and let him in the same room as the other 3 QBs, they 100% deserve to play a game without a QB. It happens every week a team has an entire position go on the covid list, but they just happen to have had positive tests earlier in the week. Most teams have been doing a very poor job creating/following their protocols. This time it finally bit one of them.

  13. #1993
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,205
    Shouldn’t fant be complaining to the Broncos for not forfeiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  14. #1994
    They don't get paid if they forfeit. There are players that are bad at how the team has handled things this week in general, Brandon McManus was very vocal about their decision to practice when Driskel tested positive. The NFL told them it was ok to practice so they did, even though they shouldn't have.

    This doesn't change the outcome of the game at all anyway. The players just don't go into games thinking they have almost no chance to win (except maybe the Jets?). If anything the receivers/TEs should be happy they won't throw very much instead of having Drew Lock throw them hospital balls.

  15. #1995
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The whining has already started from Broncos players. Noah Fant tweeted:




    I love going after the NFL and Roger Goodell as much as the next person, but they are not at fault in this specific instance. If Fant wants to blame someone, he can point the finger squarely at Vic Fangio and all the Broncos quarterbacks. It's inexplicable that at no point did any of them think, "Hey maybe it's not such a good idea for all the quarterbacks to be close contacts, in case one of us tests positive, we'll all have to sit out."

    That tells me that Denver needs to draft a QB next April because none of the QBs currently on the roster have the necessary intelligence that the position demands.
    The whining is about the double standard here. The Broncos had to postpone their game with the Patriots because several of their players “went out and got Covid”. I assume you had no problem with that, did you? Or the other handful of games that were postponed due to cases. Yet, your clear biased here is showing, rooting for a team to go into a game with absolutely 0 QBs on roster, yeah good one. The point is, they postponed games that the Broncos played when other teams had cases, that weren’t nearly as detrimental to this situation. Maybe put some logic behind your posts next time .

  16. #1996
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,706
    As teams close in on creating their initial 53-man rosters (which are always subject to non-stop change), the Broncos won’t be saving a roster spot for a player who won’t be constantly with the team. Coach Vic Fangio told reporters on Thursday that Denver won’t have a so-called quarantine quarterback.

    “I don’t think it’s necessary to be honest with you,” Fangio said.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-for-broncos/

    Thats pretty ironic.

    You only get a postponement for an outbreak, which is 2 or more confirmed cases. Broncos had one, the QBs were ruled close contact and weren't following the leagues new rules on wearing PPE during practice... Thus no postponement.

  17. #1997
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,205
    Oh so the other QBs don’t even have it? I thought dalton had it in his recent game
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  18. #1998
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Oh so the other QBs don’t even have it? I thought dalton had it in his recent game
    Andy Dalton
    1) plays for Dallas and
    2) his covid test was after he got concussed, so not his most recent game

  19. #1999
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-for-broncos/

    Thats pretty ironic.

    You only get a postponement for an outbreak, which is 2 or more confirmed cases. Broncos had one, the QBs were ruled close contact and weren't following the leagues new rules on wearing PPE during practice... Thus no postponement.
    Which is why they deserve to play without a QB. I think the complaining is mostly that if a team like the Bucs or Chiefs lost all their QBs (as examples, Andy Reid isn't that dumb), it would have still been postponed.

    This is very likely to be the most entertaining Broncos game all season. Watching skill position players throw passes is way better than watching Drew Lock throw passes 10 yards over someone's head on a 5 yard route or hospital balls. Or better yet, complete a deep pass he was trying to throw out of bounds.

  20. #2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouds2 View Post
    The whining is about the double standard here. The Broncos had to postpone their game with the Patriots because several of their players “went out and got Covid”. I assume you had no problem with that, did you? Or the other handful of games that were postponed due to cases. Yet, your clear biased here is showing, rooting for a team to go into a game with absolutely 0 QBs on roster, yeah good one. The point is, they postponed games that the Broncos played when other teams had cases, that weren’t nearly as detrimental to this situation. Maybe put some logic behind your posts next time .
    The tweet I referred to was whining about how the Broncos have to play with no QB and said nothing about any double standard nor anything about the Patriots game. Had it mentioned the double standard, then that would have been a legitimate point.

    Also, you speak of logic, yet you just assume out of nowhere that I had no problem with the Patriots game being postponed. The NFL made the wrong decision in postponing that game when they did. I really couldn't care less about the Broncos one way or the other, so I don't have any bias.

    If the NFL isn't certain that more players won't test positive and that the spread hasn't been contained, then the game should be postponed. If the spread has been contained and there are a few days' worth of negative tests all around, then the game should be played, regardless of whatever competitive disadvantage that might put on a team.

    Maybe next time don't assume things and pull statements out of your ass?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •