Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The whining has already started from Broncos players. Noah Fant tweeted:

I love going after the NFL and Roger Goodell as much as the next person, but they are not at fault in this specific instance. If Fant wants to blame someone, he can point the finger squarely at Vic Fangio and all the Broncos quarterbacks. It's inexplicable that at no point did any of them think, "Hey maybe it's not such a good idea for all the quarterbacks to be close contacts, in case one of us tests positive, we'll all have to sit out."

That tells me that Denver needs to draft a QB next April because none of the QBs currently on the roster have the necessary intelligence that the position demands.
    The whining is about the double standard here. The Broncos had to postpone their game with the Patriots because several of their players “went out and got Covid”. I assume you had no problem with that, did you? Or the other handful of games that were postponed due to cases. Yet, your clear biased here is showing, rooting for a team to go into a game with absolutely 0 QBs on roster, yeah good one. The point is, they postponed games that the Broncos played when other teams had cases, that weren’t nearly as detrimental to this situation. Maybe put some logic behind your posts next time .

10+ Year Old Account
    As teams close in on creating their initial 53-man rosters (which are always subject to non-stop change), the Broncos won’t be saving a roster spot for a player who won’t be constantly with the team. Coach Vic Fangio told reporters on Thursday that Denver won’t have a so-called quarantine quarterback.

“I don’t think it’s necessary to be honest with you,” Fangio said.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-for-broncos/

Thats pretty ironic.

You only get a postponement for an outbreak, which is 2 or more confirmed cases. Broncos had one, the QBs were ruled close contact and weren't following the leagues new rules on wearing PPE during practice... Thus no postponement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh so the other QBs don’t even have it? I thought dalton had it in his recent game
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-for-broncos/

Thats pretty ironic.

You only get a postponement for an outbreak, which is 2 or more confirmed cases. Broncos had one, the QBs were ruled close contact and weren't following the leagues new rules on wearing PPE during practice... Thus no postponement.
    Which is why they deserve to play without a QB. I think the complaining is mostly that if a team like the Bucs or Chiefs lost all their QBs (as examples, Andy Reid isn't that dumb), it would have still been postponed.

This is very likely to be the most entertaining Broncos game all season. Watching skill position players throw passes is way better than watching Drew Lock throw passes 10 yards over someone's head on a 5 yard route or hospital balls. Or better yet, complete a deep pass he was trying to throw out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds2 View Post
    The whining is about the double standard here. The Broncos had to postpone their game with the Patriots because several of their players “went out and got Covid”. I assume you had no problem with that, did you? Or the other handful of games that were postponed due to cases. Yet, your clear biased here is showing, rooting for a team to go into a game with absolutely 0 QBs on roster, yeah good one. The point is, they postponed games that the Broncos played when other teams had cases, that weren’t nearly as detrimental to this situation. Maybe put some logic behind your posts next time .
    The tweet I referred to was whining about how the Broncos have to play with no QB and said nothing about any double standard nor anything about the Patriots game. Had it mentioned the double standard, then that would have been a legitimate point.

Also, you speak of logic, yet you just assume out of nowhere that I had no problem with the Patriots game being postponed. The NFL made the wrong decision in postponing that game when they did. I really couldn't care less about the Broncos one way or the other, so I don't have any bias.

If the NFL isn't certain that more players won't test positive and that the spread hasn't been contained, then the game should be postponed. If the spread has been contained and there are a few days' worth of negative tests all around, then the game should be played, regardless of whatever competitive disadvantage that might put on a team.

Maybe next time don't assume things and pull statements out of your ass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Which is why they deserve to play without a QB. I think the complaining is mostly that if a team like the Bucs or Chiefs lost all their QBs (as examples, Andy Reid isn't that dumb), it would have still been postponed.

This is very likely to be the most entertaining Broncos game all season. Watching skill position players throw passes is way better than watching Drew Lock throw passes 10 yards over someone's head on a 5 yard route or hospital balls. Or better yet, complete a deep pass he was trying to throw out of bounds.
    Plus the protocol wasn't exactly ironed out that early in the season. Neither is it now, but they have been more consistent.

Buried in the news this morning, the Saints were fined 500k and removed of a 7th round draft pick for their post game celebration without PPE or distancing. If thats a hint to what is coming to the broncos, then RIP because the NFL has video evidence of the broncos not complying with the PPE requirements. I'm not certain what will become of the Ravens because who knows if the NFL has video evidence of what people are saying about the trainer.

Next week is gonna be interesting because we will likely start seeing cases pop up everywhere due to thanksgiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's around 3 min played in this Cards vs Pats game, and I'm already wondering why I'm watching. Such uninspired play calling on offense and absolutely no resistance on defense. At least show up to compete. =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Andy Dalton
    1) plays for Dallas and
    2) his covid test was after he got concussed, so not his most recent game
    I meant I thought dalton was allowed to play with it, not that he was on the broncos
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Plus the protocol wasn't exactly ironed out that early in the season. Neither is it now, but they have been more consistent.

Buried in the news this morning, the Saints were fined 500k and removed of a 7th round draft pick for their post game celebration without PPE or distancing. If thats a hint to what is coming to the broncos, then RIP because the NFL has video evidence of the broncos not complying with the PPE requirements. I'm not certain what will become of the Ravens because who knows if the NFL has video evidence of what people are saying about the trainer.

Next week is gonna be interesting because we will likely start seeing cases pop up everywhere due to thanksgiving.
    Denver would be a repeat offender also, they got Fangio earlier in the season for not wearing a mask on the sideline. The part that might screw them the most is the idiot QBs lied about not being in close contact with Driskel. Plus, if what some of the Denver media are saying is true, the position group has been ignoring protocols for a while.

On the plus side, at least they aren't starting Mike Glennon.

This LV-Atlanta game is definitely one of those “neither team deserves to win” games. Atlanta scored the first TD of the game with just over two minutes left in the half, and they needed penalties on LV just to get there
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots just got robbed of a TD. They flagged something for a blind side block which clearly wasn't. Dude who got blocked even put his hands out to beat the block as it was coming in. What a crock of shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    At what point in his contract do the Raiders start to accept Gruden isn't the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    On the plus side, at least they aren't starting Mike Glennon.
    Mike Glennon 17/26 201 yards 2 TDs >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Mayfield has been awful at short passes to his receivers in stride this game. Either throwing it just behind, above, or rocketing it. So many 3rd downs needlessly lost. Reminds me of Flacco actually, how he'd just get it in the area of his guys and they'd snatch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    This LV-Atlanta game is definitely one of those “neither team deserves to win” games.
    Raiders at least making it clear that they deserve to lose more.

And Buffalo really making this game interesting by having a Chargers-like meltdown, good thing they're playing the Chargers and will probably survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Clown refs with two absurd unsportsmanlike penalties on Buffalo.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots win on a last sec Field Goal. Doesn;t make the play of the offense any better, but at least the Defense and Special Teams had good games. On to next week and hopefully a better showing on offense.

I'm starting to think that the way they looked for most of today is just their basic state though and that there is no growth and no improvement. Just accidents where things work out for a few plays long enough to get a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Mike Glennon 17/26 201 yards 2 TDs >.>
    Yeah, better than anyone thought he would play based on his most recent starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders definitely can't survive the playoffs with this team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how the Chargers pissed away every chance in this game, I am starting to think Lynn is the worst coach in the universe.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how the Chargers pissed away every chance in this game, I am starting to think Lynn is the worst coach in the universe.
    It is amazing how we went from "Firing Lynn would be a PR move and a mistake" last season to "Firing Lynn might be the smart move at this point."

- - - Updated - - -

Geeze, the Dolphins are 7-4 despite a double QB benching (you can't tell me this thumb thing isn't an overblown injury benching). Can we get Flores on the short track to Coach of the Year?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the Raiders left their offensive line in Las Vegas.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Now that Patricia is gone, likely the only worse coach then Lynn is Gase.