1. #2301
    As per the usual, I am at work when the Bills are on TV. Hopefully the box scores don't depress me. New England could have 0 wins and I would still expect them to give the Bills a run for their money if not beat them outright.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  2. #2302
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,877
    Patriots are down their starting running back and their main force on the D-line. Likely means the Patriots get forced into game plans they do not want to be in on both offense and defense, yet again.

    Going to be a tough road to win this game.

  3. #2303
    Is Stidham really bad enough that they are sticking with Newton? I don't really see why they wouldn't play him at this point.

  4. #2304
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Is Stidham really bad enough that they are sticking with Newton? I don't really see why they wouldn't play him at this point.
    Not sure if you are still giving this game the chance after it reached blow out levels, but Stidham is not even moving the ball against the Bills back ups. Clearly he's not an upgrade from Cam Newton, no matter how much parts of the fan base want him to be.

    I figured in the off season that Bill had something in him when he didn;t sign a QB. It was pretty obvious from training camp onwards though that Bill had brought in Cam cause he didn't feel Stidham was going to be anywhere near good enough, and that he had (at that moment) just not had the cap space to bring in meaningful upgrades at QB.

    Going to be the offseason of Bill's career to turn what he has in this roster and the draft picks and the cap space, into a team that can compete again. I honestly think we are a season away at least though. We need a QB and it makes the most sense to go with a young one, and a young QB will have to learn a complex offensive system. That's not going to go that well starting year 1.

    But, we will see. Would not surprise me if Bill brought in Stafford or Matt Ryan or Fitzpatrick as a veteran main option to hold the fort till whatever rookie we get is ready.

  5. #2305
    Tbh I'm still salty about the missed tackles on Newton's TD run. It reminded me of how soft this defense played against the texans in the playoffs. That shit is a reoccurring theme and needs to stop yesterday.

    The only other thing that makes me more angry is having an NFL reciever get hit in the face/both hands with a pass and drop it (dawson knox missed td). How the fuck does that happen in the nfl?

    Don't get me wrong, after the ass kicking NE has given Buffalo for the last 20 years, it feels good to sweep them.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  6. #2306
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,205
    At least we got a season not having to hear about how Edelman is elite and a real #1 receiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  7. #2307
    Fluffy Kitten Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    19,038
    That might be the least pressure I've ever seen on a quarterback. Patriots would have been better off dropping eleven in coverage.

  8. #2308
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure if you are still giving this game the chance after it reached blow out levels, but Stidham is not even moving the ball against the Bills back ups. Clearly he's not an upgrade from Cam Newton, no matter how much parts of the fan base want him to be.
    I stopped watching before they put him in, guess he actually is that bad. Andy Dalton was probably the only actual option they had at QB, and even his 3 mill contract might have been too much. Bill had to know that and just assume this year was a wash for them, especially after the opt-outs on defense.

    They can always trade for Drew Lock, I'm sure McDaniels would really like having a back alley knockoff version of Cutler when he hated the real one.

  9. #2309
    Legendary! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    6,343

    Oh yeah!!!

    You know what I'm hoping for.

    I'm hoping for a Giants and Eagles win. Why? So we can have a 6-10 team make the playoffs!

  10. #2310
    Idk how can the Giants win against Dallas.

    They also drafted the worst OT in the first round, all other OT like Becton, Wirfs, Wills are better, and the Dolphins second-round pick is better as well

  11. #2311
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Has anoher first round qb faded into obscurity as quickly as Rosen?
    Haskins?

    /10chars

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Idk how can the Giants win against Dallas.

    They also drafted the worst OT in the first round, all other OT like Becton, Wirfs, Wills are better, and the Dolphins second-round pick is better as well
    Yes they did, and they definitely could have traded down too. Our GM is so bad. His biggest flaw is that he thinks he's good, and when he has the high pick, he thinks he will pick the right player so he doesn't like trading down.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2020-12-30 at 01:39 AM.

  12. #2312
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure if you are still giving this game the chance after it reached blow out levels, but Stidham is not even moving the ball against the Bills back ups. Clearly he's not an upgrade from Cam Newton, no matter how much parts of the fan base want him to be.

    I figured in the off season that Bill had something in him when he didn;t sign a QB. It was pretty obvious from training camp onwards though that Bill had brought in Cam cause he didn't feel Stidham was going to be anywhere near good enough, and that he had (at that moment) just not had the cap space to bring in meaningful upgrades at QB.

    Going to be the offseason of Bill's career to turn what he has in this roster and the draft picks and the cap space, into a team that can compete again. I honestly think we are a season away at least though. We need a QB and it makes the most sense to go with a young one, and a young QB will have to learn a complex offensive system. That's not going to go that well starting year 1.

    But, we will see. Would not surprise me if Bill brought in Stafford or Matt Ryan or Fitzpatrick as a veteran main option to hold the fort till whatever rookie we get is ready.
    The problem is the Pats are going to end up picking in the middle of the first round, which is essentially purgatory. Bad, but not bad enough to snag a franchise QB. Unless Bill can swing a trade up, they’re looking at either hoping someone falls to them or taking a shot and reaching on someone like Mac Jones(who I’ve seen in mocks going to NE, and I genuinely think is a mistake that high).

    The Pats best bet is either try again with a veteran and draft a weapon or stick Stidham out there next year and hope to bottom out.

  13. #2313
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    The problem is the Pats are going to end up picking in the middle of the first round, which is essentially purgatory. Bad, but not bad enough to snag a franchise QB. Unless Bill can swing a trade up, they’re looking at either hoping someone falls to them or taking a shot and reaching on someone like Mac Jones(who I’ve seen in mocks going to NE, and I genuinely think is a mistake that high).

    The Pats best bet is either try again with a veteran and draft a weapon or stick Stidham out there next year and hope to bottom out.
    Let's be honest the Pats are going to be in the free agent/trade market more than the draft market. Dalton is probably the obvious name but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a play at Cousins or Garoppolo.

    They don't need to be great at QB they just need someone that isn't an active liability and then trust Belichick/McDaniels to work their usual magic.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  14. #2314
    Pats have 51m in cap next year, this whole year was because they couldn't sign anyone besides Cam for $1m. Bill actually had a really good answer for that, they sold out to go to like, 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, win like 3 of them, and go to another AFC Championship. And this is kind of the price you pay when you go all in like that. If Bill-The-GM can, yanno, draft well (not a given, he hasn't in a few years), they should be okay. And then pick up some key FAs.

    Of course, in re: those few years of going "all-in" I don't really know who they were putting big money on. Tom played at a discount, there were no superstars on the roster....maybe Gilmore, who they paid pretty big when they took him from us in Buffalo?

  15. #2315
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Pats have 51m in cap next year, this whole year was because they couldn't sign anyone besides Cam for $1m. Bill actually had a really good answer for that, they sold out to go to like, 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, win like 3 of them, and go to another AFC Championship. And this is kind of the price you pay when you go all in like that. If Bill-The-GM can, yanno, draft well (not a given, he hasn't in a few years), they should be okay. And then pick up some key FAs.

    Of course, in re: those few years of going "all-in" I don't really know who they were putting big money on. Tom played at a discount, there were no superstars on the roster....maybe Gilmore, who they paid pretty big when they took him from us in Buffalo?
    They had roughly half of their cap space before opt-outs spent on 5 players and people not even on the roster (30 mill in dead cap is a ton). Not having a decent amount of players on rookie contracts kind of screws you with how much some positions make even for mediocre production now.

  16. #2316
    Bills are allowing fans for the first time this year, for the wild card round. 6700 (roughly 10%) fans, who have to have a negative test within the previous 72 hours, based on STH seniority. Rumor is I won't get tickets even though my family have been STHs since 1990.....that's how many STHs of over 30+ years there are.

    Tailgating is banned. That should go well.

    8k people showed up at the airport last Sunday when we clinched the division and were jumping through tables, with no social distancing and many without masks. Not sure how this is going to work.

    Governor Cuomo is getting tested and will be at the game too (he's a long stated Bills fan despite being associated with downstate), so I imagine there might be some political action around the game as well.

  17. #2317
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,919
    Packers get Snacks Harrison off waivers. I believe he was an offseason target for them, hopefully helps boost their run defense.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  18. #2318
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,706
    Weird. He told Pete, or at least Pete told us that hes done with football.

  19. #2319
    Fitzpatrick tested positive for covid, and that pretty much eliminates the Dolphin's chance of making the playoffs.

    I saw there has been 75 (or something around there) different QBs to attempt a pass this year, and there will be at least one more added this week. That seems a little high, but it could just be because the Broncos, Cowboys and Washington are 12 of those by themselves.

  20. #2320
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Fitzpatrick tested positive for covid, and that pretty much eliminates the Dolphin's chance of making the playoffs.

    I saw there has been 75 (or something around there) different QBs to attempt a pass this year, and there will be at least one more added this week. That seems a little high, but it could just be because the Broncos, Cowboys and Washington are 12 of those by themselves.
    They're playing us, and we might rest all our starters, since the Steelers announced that like 6 key starters aren't playing on Sunday.

    But then again, Josh Allen is 40 yards from a single season Bills record. And I'm sure Diggs wants to ensure he's the league leader in receptions/yards. He's like 50 yards from a 1500 yard season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •