Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also don't look now but the Eagles aren't rolling over and dying.
    6-10 playoff team wooooo!!! Go Giants!!!

Eagles have zero interest in trying to win this game.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Week 17, Final Game, 4th Quarter, Jalen Hurts benched for Nate Sudfeld.

The NFC East now stands at 13 QBs who have taken game snaps this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth mentioning here that Carson Wentz intends to demand a trade this offseason, citing a broken relationship with Pederson.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    6-10 playoff team wooooo!!! Go Giants!!!
    At least the 10-6 team, Miami, in the AFC has all the other teams with better records than them. Got an 8-8 NFC team missing out to a losing record division champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    At least the 10-6 team, Miami, in the AFC has all the other teams with better records than them. Got an 8-8 NFC team missing out to a losing record division champ.
    Yeah but its only the Cardinals. The Rams defense outscored them.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yeah but its only the Cardinals. The Rams defense outscored them.
    Yeah and the winner of the NFC East is gonna get it because the Eagles decided to clean out the lockers at halftime. At least the Cardinals are a team with fight.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Eagles have zero interest in trying to win this game.
    Kinda the problem with how drafts work. There’s no incentive for bad teams to win, because it hurts their draft status. Not to say that’s what the Eagles are doing, I think they just suck, but a lot of teams probably tell their players to play with less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Kinda the problem with how drafts work. There’s no incentive for bad teams to win, because it hurts their draft status. Not to say that’s what the Eagles are doing, I think they just suck, but a lot of teams probably tell their players to play with less effort.
    If they win they pick 9th, if they lose they pick 6th. This is either them trying to throw to screw the Giants or the team has given up on Pederson.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Who cares? I think it’s kinda funny that such a bad team gets in. I like having division winners. Yes it does mean that every few years a less deserving team gets in, but I don’t lose any sleep over a 10-6 team not making it... they had a shot.

If they win they pick 9th, if they lose they pick 6th. This is either them trying to throw to screw the Giants or the team has given up on Pederson.
    Those 3 draft slots are huge in the first round.

So who wants to go crazy? I'm going crazy. The one Bills' fan here is gonna love me.

I just don't trust the Chiefs, not after the last like 3-4 weeks now. I just feel like they're gonna be victims to a tough game against the Ravens then blink and be down 3 scores at halftime to the Bills.

Though picking them over the Packers in the Super Bowl is mostly just superstition. I think Rodgers has MVP sewn up, and the MVP never wins the Super Bowl. In fact they tend to play laughably bad in it. And we're on a 2-year AFC streak, which means we need one more AFC win to put the usual AFC, NFC, AFC, NFC... pattern on track.

Washington gets to have a cool logo on the playoff chart when they stop being the Football Team.

PS, if GB-NO was played indoors I'd pick the Saints. But it's outdoors, in late january, so I'm going Packers.

Idk I like the Seahawks chances over the Saints if Adams is healthy. I only worry about the Rams and GB honestly.

Instead of taking a knee on first down the Seahawks did a quick pass to David Moore to end the game today. It earned Moore $100k on his incentives. Thought that was pretty cool, even if pissing off the 9ers.

Bills, rams, bucs, Titans, saints, steelers

- - - Updated - - -

PS, if GB-NO was played indoors I'd pick the Saints. But it's outdoors, in late january, so I'm going Packers.
    Rodgers is even better in domes, running game is more important in outdoors games and saints have one that’s much better, and no/few fans kinda removes the home field advantage, especially in a dome. Same reason a Seahawks home game isn’t intimidating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

But why the heck do they have the TB@WAS as primetime match?
    I'm more than glad to be wrong, but I'd still be surprised if others than LAR@SEA were going to be close contests.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    But why the heck do they have the TB@WAS as primetime match?
    I'm more than glad to be wrong, but I'd still be surprised if others than LAR@SEA were going to be close contests.
    Because Tom Brady. It's about TV ratings, not what will be the better games, which no one really knows for sure anyways before hand.

So who wants to go crazy? I'm going crazy. The one Bills' fan here is gonna love me.

I just don't trust the Chiefs, not after the last like 3-4 weeks now. I just feel like they're gonna be victims to a tough game against the Ravens then blink and be down 3 scores at halftime to the Bills.

Though picking them over the Packers in the Super Bowl is mostly just superstition. I think Rodgers has MVP sewn up, and the MVP never wins the Super Bowl. In fact they tend to play laughably bad in it. And we're on a 2-year AFC streak, which means we need one more AFC win to put the usual AFC, NFC, AFC, NFC... pattern on track.

Washington gets to have a cool logo on the playoff chart when they stop being the Football Team.

Doesn't strike me as too crazy.

Before the season, I'd've said the Bills goal was to win a playoff game, something we haven't done since 1996.

Now, I think if we do any worse than the AFC Championship game, I think people will think it's a let down.

Colts? I love Frank Reich (today is the anniversary of the greatest comeback ever), but Phillip Rivers is shot and they can't outduel us, I hope. My hope is that the Ravens/Titans beat each other up so bad that the victor limps out of there, so even if the Browns somehow upset the Steelers, whoever comes to Buffalo (Pitt or TEN/Ravens) is mismatched against our offense.

KC, in Arrowhead, in January, when the Chiefs have looked pretty average over the past 6 games and we've been whipping people? I'll take my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Doesn't strike me as too crazy.

Before the season, I'd've said the Bills goal was to win a playoff game, something we haven't done since 1996.

Now, I think if we do any worse than the AFC Championship game, I think people will think it's a let down.

Colts? I love Frank Reich (today is the anniversary of the greatest comeback ever), but Phillip Rivers is shot and they can't outduel us, I hope. My hope is that the Ravens/Titans beat each other up so bad that the victor limps out of there, so even if the Browns somehow upset the Steelers, whoever comes to Buffalo (Pitt or TEN/Ravens) is mismatched against our offense.

KC, in Arrowhead, in January, when the Chiefs have looked pretty average over the past 6 games and we've been whipping people? I'll take my chances.
    Honestly homefield is huge for the Packers but not for the Chiefs this year.

Chiefs are probably going to have decent weather for their games, Packers will probably have a foot of snow. And as the Titans showed us last week, if you don't know how to play in the snow (like, say, the Saints) it can still mess your running game up because they aren't accustomed to the cleats.

Honestly homefield is huge for the Packers but not for the Chiefs this year.

Chiefs are probably going to have decent weather for their games, Packers will probably have a foot of snow. And as the Titans showed us last week, if you don't know how to play in the snow (like, say, the Saints) it can still mess your running game up because they aren't accustomed to the cleats.
    That argument doesn’t really work. They’re in the NFL. They’ve all played on all sorts of surfaces and in all the different kinds of weather. Hell they tried to use this argument on Nebraska in 95’ when they played Florida. People were picking Florida because the game was going to be played on real grass, and they said Nebraska couldn’t run on grass. Well, Nebraska ran all over Florida. Also weather is just as bad in K.C.. I live in Omaha, only 3 hours away, and we just got a ton of snow. I’m going with Chiefs vs. Saints for the Super Bowl, and have the Chiefs winning it. Kinda gotta go for them, since they’re 3 hours away. I’ll go for the Bills though if they make it further.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-01-04 at 10:39 AM.

Doug Pederson: I was "coaching to win" the game.

Also Doug Pederson: "Nate has been here for four years and I felt he deserved an opportunity to get some snaps."

Those two statements can not both be true. There is absolutely no way he thought Nate Sudfeld gave them the best chance of winning the game, unless he did some crack cocaine during halftime.

If he wanted to lose to get a better draft pick, fine, but don't make blatantly contradictory and idiotic statements like that that everyone can see right through. It annoys me because we were robbed off the chance to see a 6 - 10 team make the playoffs. An opportunity like that comes along once in a lifetime.

I almost didn't notice the Charlie Brown logo way down there. I've been using it for so long it just looks normal to me.
    I think I might change my avatar after the game next week even if we lose. And after that I'll root for the Bills because we kind of have some things in common.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2021-01-04 at 01:44 PM.