The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean, if they do as badly as I think is possible, Gettleman's not going to get to make that pick, and if Jones regresses, you end up with in a Josh Rosen/Kyler Murray situation with a new GM in place. Very easy to see them kick Jones to the curb. Of course, that means we've wasted Saquon's prime, but that was always likely to happen either way.
    True I guess it depends on who is pulling the trigger.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    True I guess it depends on who is pulling the trigger.
    I'm guessing it's Plaxico Burress.

As a Giants fan I think OL, pass rusher are the issues, if they fix those two, protect DJ, it could be better who knows.

Rams sign Jarred Goff for a contract he never deserved.
    Now release Todd Gurley.
    I hear a massive toilet flush going on in LA.

My early hot take is the NFC South is going to get 3 teams into the Playoffs next year thanks to the new 7 team format. Saints, Buccs, and Falcons.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Melvin Gordon to the Broncos, so another player staying in the AFC West. Eric Ebron to the Steelers. Tom Brady's contract supposedly 50 million over two years, all guaranteed.

Not a fan of the Melvin Gordon signing. He isn't better than Freeman in the running game, and $8 mill is a lot for a receiving back.

Elway's other FA signings seem solid, so I guess he needed to fill his bad signing quota.

Maybe the Broncos want to trade us Lindsey now? Eh? Eh?

Why do the Broncos hate their two young RBs so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Knew the Saints were in the market for Emmanuel Sanders, glad they got it done, and for a reasonable price with how some WR are getting paid.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Knew the Saints were in the market for Emmanuel Sanders, glad they got it done, and for a reasonable price with how some WR are getting paid.
    That's a scary combo. Sanders is so underrated.

With news of the money Hopkins wanted in a new contract, has signing a receiver to qb level money ever worked out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I've been asking myself that about the Broncos the last 2 years with running Freeman into stacked boxes constantly and QBs trying to decapitate Lindsay on screens.

Really though, adding an explosive receiving back would have made sense since neither of them do that well, but $8 mill for Gordon is questionable. Theo Riddick would have been better for that as long as he doesn't get hurt on a hospital ball from a terrible QB in preseason again. Only reason Gordon makes any sense whatsoever is if Shurmur really wanted him and thinks he fits his offense better.

They could even put him at QB on some plays, he is probably better at it than Taysom Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I've been asking myself that about the Broncos the last 2 years with running Freeman into stacked boxes constantly and QBs trying to decapitate Lindsay on screens.

Really though, adding an explosive receiving back would have made sense since neither of them do that well, but $8 mill for Gordon is questionable. Theo Riddick would have been better for that as long as he doesn't get hurt on a hospital ball from a terrible QB in preseason again. Only reason Gordon makes any sense whatsoever is if Shurmur really wanted him and thinks he fits his offense better.

They could even put him at QB on some plays, he is probably better at it than Taysom Hill.
    3QB sets. The Saints are going to turn the QB into the TE of a few years ago.

"BREAKING: The #Patriots have reached agreements with QB Brian Hoyer and former Jets LB Brandon Copeland today. This will be Hoyer's third tour of duty with in New England." - https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...06610315476994

Hoyer the Destroyer back in NE. Seems more and more likely that BB just really liked what he saw in Stidham.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoyer apparently competing for the starting job.

"Agent Joe Linta tells me: “It someone offered him $5M or $6M to be a backup, Brian still would’ve wanted to be back in New England. They gave him a chance to compete for the starting job, and that’s all he asked for.”" - Rapoport

Patriots have 3 QBs on their depth chart I highly doubt they're going to be grabbing anyone else outside of the draft. Which means there's 3 QBs on the market with no teams with an obvious opening left.

Only team I can really think of off the top of my head is Vegas, and frankly they could easily decide to just roll with Carr at this point since they never even had a real interest in Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "BREAKING: The #Patriots have reached agreements with QB Brian Hoyer and former Jets LB Brandon Copeland today. This will be Hoyer's third tour of duty with in New England." - https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...06610315476994

Hoyer the Destroyer back in NE. Seems more and more likely that BB just really liked what he saw in Stidham.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoyer apparently competing for the starting job.

"Agent Joe Linta tells me: “It someone offered him $5M or $6M to be a backup, Brian still would’ve wanted to be back in New England. They gave him a chance to compete for the starting job, and that’s all he asked for.”" - Rapoport
    This is quintessential Belichick - cresting competition but also getting lunch pail kinda guys who are not super flashy and he can mold (ie not Jameis).

But yeah I agree with you, this comes down to Stidham. I don’t see Hoyer returning the Pats to glory.

I also don’t think qb works the same as other positions and this is gonna be tough. If Hoyer pushes Stidham to be better, fine. If it becomes something where there’s not any continuity that’s a real problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    i used to put "dun b bad" in desc and bad players would still apply

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This is quintessential Belichick - cresting competition but also getting lunch pail kinda guys who are not super flashy and he can mold (ie not Jameis).

But yeah I agree with you, this comes down to Stidham. I don’t see Hoyer returning the Pats to glory.

I also don’t think qb works the same as other positions and this is gonna be tough. If Hoyer pushes Stidham to be better, fine. If it becomes something where there’s not any continuity that’s a real problem.
    On the plus side he's Bill Belichick. He's not going to get fired for one bad season after winning 6 rings. So if Stidham turns out to be a bust, oh well, they have a higher pick next year.

If they were to swing for the fences and give Jameis or Cam a big contract, that's it, they're locked in unless they want to eat a big dead cap hit that takes away one of their primary ways of getting better, free agents chasing rings.

Patriots are probably looking at the long game here, crazy as it might seem.

They'll still be ok without a consistent O. Playoffs wouldn't surprise me on the back of a D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Bringing in Hoyer makes sense since he is at least familiar with the team. There is nothing but Winston available as a FA right now that might be considered a starter (or Bortles I guess), and he is coming off a 30 pick season. Trading for Newton would be insanely stupid, and Dalton might not even leave the Bengals. Not very many options.

Patriots Purge continues. They are releasing long time kicker Stephen Gostkowski.

https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...69993942437889