Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I almost didn't notice the Charlie Brown logo way down there. I've been using it for so long it just looks normal to me.
    I think I might change my avatar after the game next week even if we lose. And after that I'll root for the Bills because we kind of have some things in common.
    Kinda sucks the Browns beat the Stealers to get in and now have to play them again. Maybe they will do it again.

Well now that I've had some time to (over) think about it, I am getting a sense of dread. Fans and media are swarming to the Bills hype train and I have this overwhelming feeling that heartbreak is near. This is what many years of Bills fandom/heartbreak has conditioned me to, dating back to the late 80s "Bickering Bills". My consolation is that I know my personal insecurities have no bearing on the outcome of games.

With that said, what would bring me the most joy would be smashing the Titans (fuck your music city forward pass) and pummel Tom Brady in the superbowl. Likewise loses to either of those teams will be yet another brick in the wall of depression that is Bills fandom.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Well now that I've had some time to (over) think about it, I am getting a sense of dread. Fans and media are swarming to the Bills hype train and I have this overwhelming feeling that heartbreak is near. This is what many years of Bills fandom/heartbreak has conditioned me to, dating back to the late 80s "Bickering Bills". My consolation is that I know my personal insecurities have no bearing on the outcome of games.

With that said, what would bring me the most joy would be smashing the Titans (fuck your music city forward pass) and pummel Tom Brady in the superbowl. Likewise loses to either of those teams will be yet another brick in the wall of depression that is Bills fandom.
    I think the Bills are a good team. But lately there’s been a lot of “this team is beating the Chiefs” talk, especially from the media. Not that they couldn’t potentially give them a game, but people are getting WAY ahead of themselves. I’m not totally sure this team is getting through Indy, let alone Baltimore or Tennessee. The idea that the Bills are now the best team in the AFC is wild to me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I think the Bills are a good team. But lately there’s been a lot of “this team is beating the Chiefs” talk, especially from the media. Not that they couldn’t potentially give them a game, but people are getting WAY ahead of themselves. I’m not totally sure this team is getting through Indy, let alone Baltimore or Tennessee. The idea that the Bills are now the best team in the AFC is wild to me.
    A lot of it comes from just how... average the Chiefs have looked. I remember, I think about Thanksgiving, the Chiefs had a near loss to a bad team (Falcons?) and people wrote it off as "Well they're just the 90s Bulls. They know they're so talented they'll win no matter what. They get bored with bad teams like this."

Then they came out and did it again, and again, and again. At the same time the Ravens and Bills (in the AFC anyway) were peaking into teams that can drop 40 any given week.

Just looking at these teams you're like "It's an even fight between the Chiefs and Bills/Ravens." Which for a team that for about 10/12 months of 2020 looked like the next Patriots is shocking.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I almost didn't notice the Charlie Brown logo way down there. I've been using it for so long it just looks normal to me.
    I think I might change my avatar after the game next week even if we lose. And after that I'll root for the Bills because we kind of have some things in common.
    The earliest the Browns and Bills can play is in the AFC Championship, in Buffalo.

I hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The earliest the Browns and Bills can play is in the AFC Championship, in Buffalo.

I hope it happens.
    That would be pretty sweet, the NFL will make sure it doesn't happen.
    /s

Did you watch the Bills at all over the last month? You should have had some opportunity, they had 4 nationally televised games in a row in December.

We finished 2nd in points per game in the league (ahead of KC), and our defense, after a rough start, has gotten back on form, though not quite at its top-3 level it was last year. And we're hot right now. If not for a fluke Hail Mary by Kyler Murray, we would have ended the season on a 10 game winning streak. We scored 142 points in our last 3 games, while winning them by 29, 29, and 30 points. The last one of those was against a team fighting for its playoff life, who had the #1 scoring defense in the league (IE, least points allowed). We hung 56 points on them. 28 of those points came from our backups, including 2 TDs from an undrafted RB elevated from the practice squad who ripped up the Dolphins right when they needed stops.

I think the Bills are hitting their stride, and I don't think anyone wants to play them.

That being said, the only real weakness they have is run defense. Our strategy for that so far has been to score so many points teams have to abandon the run. But if a team can get a few lucky stops and keep it close/get up on us early, they can play a ball control game against us and win.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-01-04 at 07:45 PM.

Oh yeah apparently the Vikings might be losing their OC... again. Kubiak's thinking of retiring again.

Has any head coach had as bad a run with OCs as Zimmer? Feels like nobody stays more than two years, and that was only because the Browns went Kitchens over Stefanski two years ago.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

John Elway is taking the fail upward approach and will be hiring a GM. He wasn't going to be the GM after next year anyway, so I guess it makes sense to transition a little earlier. Hopefully the GM actually has full roster control like Elway said and doesn't do something stupid like bring back Justin Simmons.

Also very likely helps with not having to suffer through Drew Lock for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    John Elway is taking the fail upward approach and will be hiring a GM. He wasn't going to be the GM after next year anyway, so I guess it makes sense to transition a little earlier. Hopefully the GM actually has full roster control like Elway said and doesn't do something stupid like bring back Justin Simmons.

Also very likely helps with not having to suffer through Drew Lock for another season.
    Huh didn't think he'd go willingly, upward or out. At least until an actual owner comes in and forces him to.

I liked what Joe Judge had to say about the pathetic excuse for a game played by the Eagles. What a way to ruin a prime time game, I don't want to see them in a prime time slot as long as Pederson is still coaching.
    /s

The Chargers requested permission to interview the clapper... I guess it could be worse, Josh McDaniels and Gregggg Williams exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Huh didn't think he'd go willingly, upward or out. At least until an actual owner comes in and forces him to.
    Nothing he has ever done has shown he would do it before his contract was up. Probably a surprise to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Chargers requested permission to interview the clapper... I guess it could be worse, Josh McDaniels and Gregggg Williams exists.

Nothing he has ever done has shown he would do it before his contract was up. Probably a surprise to everyone.
    Eh teams interview a bunch of guys. It's like at least one team has requested to interview... I think it was the Giants DC.

The Giants.

Chargers firing Lynn was about the only surprise to me. Figured he was staying another year. Other than that, no real drama on black Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Chargers firing Lynn was about the only surprise to me. Figured he was staying another year. Other than that, no real drama on black Monday.
    I figured Lynn was gone until I was told the Chargers rode a 4 game win streak into the offseason.

But it wasn't enough to save him. Which tells me this was decided midseason but they didn't want to mess with Herbert's development.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I figured Lynn was gone until I was told the Chargers rode a 4 game win streak into the offseason.

But it wasn't enough to save him. Which tells me this was decided midseason but they didn't want to mess with Herbert's development.
    He should've been fired after the Bills game, but the season was lost anyway, and he isn't a bad guy so I get it. Hopefully he gets another NFL job where he isn't involved in clock management or special teams.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I liked what Joe Judge had to say about the pathetic excuse for a game played by the Eagles. What a way to ruin a prime time game, I don't want to see them in a prime time slot as long as Pederson is still coaching.
    The Eagles don’t owe anyone anything in a “prime time” game. The NFL flexed that game into that slot. Tanking has been a thing in sports for a long time. NFL teams have always sat guys in meaningless games. Yes, pulling Hurts was egregious but give me a break. The Giants of all teams should probably just shut the hell up. They’re only speaking up because they needed an Eagles win. But the reality is they were a six win team that controlled its own destiny all season but were a dogshit football team.

In other news, Browns just got SLAMMED by Corona, up to and including the HC. They finally made the playoffs and now this happens. Cleveland can’t catch a break.

In other news, Browns just got SLAMMED by Corona, up to and including the HC. They finally made the playoffs and now this happens. Cleveland can’t catch a break.
    Wow. At this point just put in the raiders.

What a fucking wasted season. I just like seeing shit franchises turn around so I’ve been rooting for them since they got josh Gordon but their failure here is fucking inexcusable. I can’t imagine how real fans feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Kinda sucks the Browns beat the Stealers to get in and now have to play them again. Maybe they will do it again.
    The Refs and the Browns beat the steelers back ups. Tons of calls that were ignored in that game.

Sucks for the Browns but let's be real they were never beating the Steelers. They barely beat their backups in Cleveland. No chance they beat the starters in Pittsburgh.