10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers firing Lynn was about the only surprise to me. Figured he was staying another year. Other than that, no real drama on black Monday.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Chargers firing Lynn was about the only surprise to me. Figured he was staying another year. Other than that, no real drama on black Monday.
    I figured Lynn was gone until I was told the Chargers rode a 4 game win streak into the offseason.

But it wasn't enough to save him. Which tells me this was decided midseason but they didn't want to mess with Herbert's development.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I figured Lynn was gone until I was told the Chargers rode a 4 game win streak into the offseason.

But it wasn't enough to save him. Which tells me this was decided midseason but they didn't want to mess with Herbert's development.
    He should've been fired after the Bills game, but the season was lost anyway, and he isn't a bad guy so I get it. Hopefully he gets another NFL job where he isn't involved in clock management or special teams.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I liked what Joe Judge had to say about the pathetic excuse for a game played by the Eagles. What a way to ruin a prime time game, I don't want to see them in a prime time slot as long as Pederson is still coaching.
    The Eagles don’t owe anyone anything in a “prime time” game. The NFL flexed that game into that slot. Tanking has been a thing in sports for a long time. NFL teams have always sat guys in meaningless games. Yes, pulling Hurts was egregious but give me a break. The Giants of all teams should probably just shut the hell up. They’re only speaking up because they needed an Eagles win. But the reality is they were a six win team that controlled its own destiny all season but were a dogshit football team.

In other news, Browns just got SLAMMED by Corona, up to and including the HC. They finally made the playoffs and now this happens. Cleveland can’t catch a break.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    In other news, Browns just got SLAMMED by Corona, up to and including the HC. They finally made the playoffs and now this happens. Cleveland can’t catch a break.
    Wow. At this point just put in the raiders.

What a fucking wasted season. I just like seeing shit franchises turn around so I’ve been rooting for them since they got josh Gordon but their failure here is fucking inexcusable. I can’t imagine how real fans feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Kinda sucks the Browns beat the Stealers to get in and now have to play them again. Maybe they will do it again.
    The Refs and the Browns beat the steelers back ups. Tons of calls that were ignored in that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks for the Browns but let's be real they were never beating the Steelers. They barely beat their backups in Cleveland. No chance they beat the starters in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The earliest the Browns and Bills can play is in the AFC Championship, in Buffalo.

I hope it happens.

It won't. The Browns could barely beat the Steelers backups, and a lot of non-calls by the Refs.

- - - Updated - - -

Sucks for the Browns but let's be real they were never beating the Steelers. They barely beat their backups in Cleveland. No chance they beat the starters in Pittsburgh.
    with the help of a few blind refs... Even the announcing team were baffled why a few PI's weren't called. Especially on the 2 point conversion, or roughing the passer which resulted in an interception against Rudolph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    The Eagles don’t owe anyone anything in a “prime time” game. The NFL flexed that game into that slot. Tanking has been a thing in sports for a long time.
    I'm watching to be entertained, if the Eagles aren't up to it then they shouldn't be put in that position again. Of course they owe us, they don't make money out of thin air, they have TV contracts and nobody is going to watch if the product isn't up to snuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't have any illusions the Browns would win, but the Steelers are the only team I really root against that was left standing, and now they're gonna have it even easier so that's a bummer.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    They were supposed to be getting their full team back for the first time in 3 weeks, who can say what would’ve happened

- - - Updated - - -

People care a lot more about eagles tanking a quarter than jags and jets tanking a season
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    People care a lot more about eagles tanking a quarter than jags and jets tanking a season
    Jets have been tanking for 50 years.
    /s

The Eagles weren't the only team that lost this weekend with very, lets call them questionable, decisions that you would never make if you wanted to win either. Kind of weird they pick that one game to get mad about tanking.

I'm watching to be entertained, if the Eagles aren't up to it then they shouldn't be put in that position again. Of course they owe us, they don't make money out of thin air, they have TV contracts and nobody is going to watch if the product isn't up to snuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't have any illusions the Browns would win, but the Steelers are the only team I really root against that was left standing, and now they're gonna have it even easier so that's a bummer.
    Given your avatar and how you're speaking you're not an Eagles fan - could be wrong, just an assumption.

As a Philly resident there's A LOT of talk going on about the WFT game.
    Honestly, most people do not care that they threw the game. It's not like it was going to change anything for them other than draft priority.

In fact Brandon Graham said on 94.1 that they were told that Nate Sudfeld would be put in the game during game day planning - before the game even started. He said that the only surprise was that it was so late in the game, and that they thought he was going to see play after the first half.

As far as money, they don't make as much as you think from prime time tv. They make it from merchandise, product endorsements, etc. They owe no one anything. Eagles fans are just happy the injury-ridden season is over.

I don't think anyone in "the land of assholes" (philly) gives a crap that you were not entertained. The WFT should have played better as well. It's not like they were playing an amazing game... pick on them for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were supposed to be getting their full team back for the first time in 3 weeks, who can say what would’ve happened

- - - Updated - - -

Because the Jags and Jets weren't tanking. They were just bad teams. No coach willingly tanks if he knows he'll get fired for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hall of Fame finalists https://www.profootballhof.com/15-mo...class-of-2021/

Jared Allen, Defensive End – 2004-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2008-2013 Minnesota Vikings, 2014-15 Chicago Bears, 2015 Carolina Panthers
    Ronde Barber, Cornerback/Safety – 1997-2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tony Boselli, Tackle – 1995-2001 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2002 Houston Texans (injured reserve)
    LeRoy Butler, Safety – 1990-2001 Green Bay Packers
    Alan Faneca, Guard – 1998-2007 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2008-09 New York Jets, 2010 Arizona Cardinals
    Torry Holt, Wide Receiver – 1999-2008 St. Louis Rams, 2009 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Calvin Johnson, Wide Receiver – 2007-2015 Detroit Lions
    John Lynch, Safety – 1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos
    Peyton Manning, Quarterback – 1998-2011 Indianapolis Colts (injured reserved 2011), 2012-15 Denver Broncos
    Clay Matthews, Linebacker – 1978-1993 Cleveland Browns, 1994-96 Atlanta Falcons
    Sam Mills, Linebacker – 1986-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-97 Carolina Panthers
    Richard Seymour, Defensive End/Defensive Tackle – 2001-08 New England Patriots, 2009-2012 Oakland Raiders
    Zach Thomas, Linebacker – 1996-2007 Miami Dolphins, 2008 Dallas Cowboys
    Reggie Wayne, Wide Receiver – 2001-2014 Indianapolis Colts
    Charles Woodson, Cornerback/Safety – 1998-2005, 2013-15 Oakland Raiders, 2006-2012 Green Bay Packers

Woodson and Manning should be locks, dunno about anybody else.

Hopefully LeRoy Butler finally gets in. Really dumb someone that voted 1st team all-decade has been left out this long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Hopefully LeRoy Butler finally gets in. Really dumb someone that voted 1st team all-decade has been left out this long.
    Its been real sluggish at safety but hopefully things are in motion now.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Texans apparently almost sure to hire Nick Caserio, after his hiring there went south 2 years ago.

That sucks, but...

Broncos now apparently also very interested in hiring Dave Ziegler, who is the guy behind Nick Caserio.

Ziegler has ties to Denver and worked there in the past before making his ascent in NE.

Going to be tough for the Patriots to lose their 2 top personnel guys (behind Belichick) in the 1 offseason in 20 years where they need to really do everything right and turn the team around.

Patriots dynasty didn't die with Tom Brady leaving, it's been death by a 1000 cuts like the above over the past few years, basically since 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for Matt Patricia to be the next coach of the Texans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Browns still dealing with rona cases as their HC tested positive. So potentially the sunday night playoff game will feature a fill in head coach....

I'm still slightly salty about the Seahawks getting a Saturday game.